Aberdeen V Hamilton (1 - 0)

If we make the final, our support will be less than 30,000.

We took 43,000 to the last final.

Why would that be, do you think?

Or do you think, you fucking morons.

Forget your venue argument. Get with the spirit of the sentiment.

Why are the missing thousands not giving a fuck?

Do we actually know what the principal problem of principle is at AFC?

I also said there would be plenty tickets for the final and nobody would go without.

Shut up negative Nelly!

Bring on fa'iver!!

Very good win. Would have been a travesty had accies equalised as we had numerous chances to extend our lead. Roll on the semis. That is now 6 league cup ties in a row we have not conceded a single goal in.

For what it is worth I thought jack and Logan played brilliantly tonight.

Thought they said 7 in a row on the tranny.

Edit... Yeah looking back we have Accies, Livi, Caley, St Johnstone, Well, Falkirk & Alloa

Good performance.

Deek more than vindicated in going with one up front against this lot.

They are snappy as fuck and mob handed in that midfield.

Jack not being deployed in that ridiculous starting slot of RM like last time was pivotal.

He was absolutely immense. Flood was rummelling aboot like a heed case.

Nice training ground effort for the goal.

Their keeper had a couple of stunning stops to keep the score down, and 3-0, 4-0 would not have flattered us.

Their first shot must have been aboot 20 mins fae time, and Brown dealt with that, and a more difficult one soon after.

Also had an instance towards the end speeding off his line to thwart Accies striker right at his feet.

Something the previous incumbent would never/has never had the balls to do in a million years.

Roll on a Hampden semi.

Nae giving a fuck fa' the opposition is, but really should prefer Sevco as they are by miles the weakest team left.

Canna be fucked wi' the kerry on that will no doubt ensue with such a pairing.

I must be getting auld.

_78623559_goal.jpg

Yeah hard to tell how the game is REALLY going if you listen to that pair of mongs.

Stats say we are well on top in everything INCLUDING fouls but if you listen to them, you'd swear Hamilton were getting all really soft freekicks & we're getting savaged but getting no freekicks

Referee was indeed absolutely shocking, and most of his ridiculous decisions did favour Hamilton.

Pawlett injured?

the cunt that tackled him could well have seen a straight red for that een.

From where I was sitting anyway. Was an absolutely atrocious tackle.

Hope he's ok.

harsh, min

He's fishing / being a "look at me" gluepot.

Similar to Motherwell game I thought in that we never really looked like losing yet could have done with the 2nd goal for good measure! Only last night was a lot more enjoyable to watch with plenty chances, especially the wee 5 minute spell after we scored, could have been 2 or 3!

Jack deservedly MOTM I'd say, Flood a bit of a loose cannon at times!

Nice to see Taylor more composed, obviously had a talking to after the last Hamilton game! Even had a look up for a pass out from the back at one point and rather than panic and lose it in there, took the plan B route and cleared it like most CB's should do if nothing is on in that area of the pitch!

Roll on the Semi-final draw :bounce::trophy:

Good performance and enjoyed last night.

Not sure about Jack MOTM, he was very good but in possession dallied on the ball far too long on a few ocassions, he was good but not MOTM for me. If I had to pick fault with anyone it would have been Flood, he seemed to be like night and day, great at winning the ball back but his first touch and ball retention was really poor.

Best performances for me were Logan who I thought was excellent and I thought Rooney put in a great performance up top, being marshalled by two defenders most of the game he won his fair share. Pawlett also looked far better last night than he has done in a while.

All in all looked pretty solid and comfortable, defence all played well, surely can't be a coinicidence that a defence that looked weak as anything suddenly looks solid again without that trumpet in between the sticks.....

I thought Logan should have been Man of the Match last night. Jacko was tremendous last night too, though gave the ball away a couple of times, Flood was typical Flood last night. Gave the ball away but won it back, I love that guy.

Rooney done well but was getting zero favours from the ref. Goodwillie is clearly a better player, but I'd prefer Rooney up top in games like that.

Pawlett looked good, though I reckon he's struggling with a bigger injury problem that needs addressed longer term. McGinn is lazy, should have been hooked after an hour. You can always tell how good McGinn is going to be after 5 minutes of a game. Hayes was pish first half.

Taylor & Reynolds were solid, Considine was ok. Brown played well also, couple of very good saves and not hesitant to come off his line. There was an instance in the first half where he was closed down that the usual spazzy would have flapped at, he dealt with it calmly. Good performance.

Ref was awful.

Brown - Did everything that he needed to do. His kicking is infinitely better than Langfields, he made a couple of decent saves in the second half and dealt with the pass backs well.

Logan - Solid, sometimes a bit greedy going forward considering he's a RB

Taylor - excellent again. He won everything in the air as well.

Reynolds - Solid. Nothing to say of note tbh, which is a good thing for a defender.

Considine - was very seldom troubled.

Hayes - very much hit or miss. Wasn't top of his game yesterday but still always looked dangerous when he was beating his man.

Flood - His passing is shite, he loses the ball far too often when not releasing the ball early enough and should have been hooked just before Pawlett came off (he was limping, should have came off then)

McGinn - Similiar to Hayes. Good delivery for the goal, often slows the game up when we're countering by getting the ball on the wing and he dithers.

Pawlett - He played well in the second half before being scythed down then picking up an injury.

Jack - MoTM. He was his typical excellent self. Probably the most consistent, underrated player over the last few seasons. Would be worth millions if he wore a green and white hooped top.

Rooney - took goal well. He worked very hard throughout the game. Some nice moves, but looks isolated and a bit slow sometimes. He's much better alongside someone like Goodwillie who he can play off.

Ref - Shite. He doesn't know how to use the "advantage" rule, I don't think he gave a single foul for Rooney despite being elbowed and jumped on. McGinn got it in the face and no foul.

yeah, i said that at the start of the season and was shot down with some BS stat from a european game

It wasn't a BS stat.

Flood could pass the ball to the opposition every time for all I care as I just love the way he then hunts down the ball and wins it back.

Proper Jack Russell terrier type player.

Love him.

Ugly bastardmind you. His lookalike ReekieDock is uglier.

it was a BS stat; it was the exception as to the rule

theres no need for a player who tackles like a terrier and passes like an ash taylor in games which we are looking to score2/3/4

against celtic, definitely play him

tough away games, definitely

but when we want to score, theres no point in a guy who wins the ball just to lose it instantly

I agree he doesn't have to play every game.

Problem is that Low is a similar player and is also a niggly Jack Russell type character.

Cammy Smith seems to have lost his way a wee bit. He's turned into Lassie.

its not a problem with low being similar

low's a better footballer, so having that dig about him is a great thing

low's development will be shunted by playing second fiddle to flood as he currently does

id agree re cammy smith, worried about him as he's done nothing, although admittedly doesnt get much game time

when we're talking pawlett off, smith should be first on

It's not a dig at Low.

I love Low's attitude on the park. Gets wired in for 90 minutes. A fantastic hard as nails midfielder.

Problem is that Low is a similar player and is also a niggly Jack Russell type character.

Smith didn't look that interested when he came on. Several times Hayes or whoever was overlapping from the wings and Smith just slowly sauntered forward rather than pelting it forward to support.

Jack is going to go a long way in the game, rarely loses a ball and fantastic player. A few more goals and he'll be off for decent money! Better than Fyvie etc.!

Taylor was fantastic last night, composed and commanding.... fingers crossed he keeps it up, let's see how he gets on with quick players running at him.

It has to be said that the defence looks far more comfortable with Brown in goals!

Flood got lucky a couple of times but his work-rate is excellent.

Great having the likes of Cammy Smith off the bench to keep to intensity and tempo up.

Solid team performance.

That post was ruff.

Cammy Smith both got about an hour in a cup final in front of 51,000 people and didn't look out of place. I think Cammy's problem is a mental thing more than ability, give him more game time and we'll have a very good player there.

Nicky Low will struggle to get a game ahead of Flood & Jack, unfortunately Robson seems to be the first reserve for the pair of them. I like him though.