Welcome Home, Kari

Ok... reasons below why this is Not (capital N) a progressive signing:

1. For the 1 year; I repeat for clarification purposes: 1 year he was with us, he looked slightly better than what we had at that time i.e. Zander Diamond, Mitch Fucking Migginson, Jerel Ifil, Arrogant Maguire, Chris Clark. That collection is not exactly hard to beat.

2. He was so good Hearts didn't offer him a contract.

3. He was so good we (Aberdeen) didn't offer him more than a 1 year deal and got rid of him to a team in the bowels of English football at first opportunity.

4. If he was any good he'd have been playing, in his prime, at a higher level than he did. I.E. Plymouth, Us and Rotherham.

5. He's 34 years old. I repeat for clarification purposes; 34 years old.

6. Just because he scored a goal against Rangers doesn't make him some sort of folk hero.

I rest my case your Honour.

Its my lord in this court sir

Case for the prosecution.

He is more talented,more commanding and more experienced than any other player we were pursuing for that position, a troublesome position for us since Russ retired. (I'll give Devlin the benefit of the doubt and accept he was probably first choice but injury fucked that one. In truth wasn't convinced anyway).

Seriously, Tansey and Shinnie in front of Arnason and Reynolds versus O'Connor and Ash behind, sorry, with Jack sitting far too deep between them, you've got to accept this as progress Shirley?

Case for the prosecution.

He is more talented,more commanding and more experienced than any other player we were pursuing for that position, a troublesome position for us since Russ retired. (I'll give Devlin the benefit of the doubt and accept he was probably first choice but injury fucked that one. In truth wasn't convinced anyway).

Seriously, Tansey and Shinnie in front of Arnason and Reynolds versus O'Connor and Ash in front of, sorry, with Jack sitting far too deep between them, you've got to accept this as progress Shirley?

Tansey looks like a good passer.

Could do with a lesson from Paul Hartley on playing in front of the defence and protecting them though.

Rumpus to an extent has a point.

Some of the comments I've read from our fans as being some sort of a legend is absolutely ridiculous.

He's hopefully an improvement on Taylor so I'm glad he's signed, but some fans have worked themselves into some sort of a frenzy that he's a world class legend because he said in an interview 'once a Don always a Don.

He really is not, but he's a good player.

He's clearly better than Taylor. They guy may not be Baresi but he's got 60 international caps and played well in a good run at the euros. He will definitely be a good player for us in a position we've been weak in for 2 years

• Upvote 1

Bit of both but primarily so, yes.

O'Connor isn't working out too well and we haven't replaced the hun cunt yet as Thursday night showed. Tansey looks like a really good addition but he isn't Jacks replacement.

Shinnie to left back, Maybe.

Why do you always present your opinions as facts?

Just makes you seem a bit of a pratt.

1. For the 1 year; I repeat for clarification purposes: 1 year he was with us, he looked slightly better than what we had at that time i.e. Zander Diamond, Mitch Fucking Migginson, Jerel Ifil, Arrogant Maguire, Chris Clark. That collection is not exactly hard to beat.

3. He was so good we (Aberdeen) didn't offer him more than a 1 year deal and got rid of him to a team in the bowels of English football at first opportunity.

4. If he was any good he'd have been playing, in his prime, at a higher level than he did. I.E. Plymouth, Us and Rotherham.

6. Just because he scored a goal against Rangers doesn't make him some sort of folk hero.

Shit :fishing:

I put it to you that his CPD and experience have enhanced his skills set and status within the game.

Clearly, to those with any working brain cells, a good signing. He probably wanted away from Cypriot football but he chose Aberdeen. He does have lots of caps in a team that's miles better than Scotland and has proven himself at that level. He is a CB now and has been for a while, a position we are desperate to fill. FFS, some of you are wetting your knickers unnecessarily. Give him some time to bed in and we'll see a good addition to the squad.

Rumpus to an extent has a point.

Some of the comments I've read from our fans as being some sort of a legend is absolutely ridiculous.

He's hopefully an improvement on Taylor so I'm glad he's signed, but some fans have worked themselves into some sort of a frenzy that he's a world class legend because he said in an interview 'once a Don always a Don.

He really is not, but he's a good player.

Sorry for being excited about a new signing.

Lets be realistic.. he plays for Iceland which (without looking it up) have a population approximately the size of Aberdeen.

They pinnacled once, realistically that won't happen again.

You're right. Their continued success exhibited by them being equal top of their qualifying group for euro 2018 is simply a continuation of their single pinnacling!

If only we could sign other internationalists from similar one off successful countries!

I still can't think of another internationalist after McGinn.

Wonderful news - a player who will not be intimidated - will play intelligent football - hopefully will last a couple of seasons . Great to have on board - better by far than what we had before.

Happy top have on board - my only overall concern is the number of players we will likely be looking to replace next summer - hope some will get signed up for a bit longer early on if they live up to their potential.

A bit being made about the deal...but I think thats a positive, that after its been struck - its all smiles and 'its great to be here'; players are happy...they trust Del. Good positive shit.

Barry Robson said that after the first season - 'just a case of putting it in front of me and Ill sign it', they feel privileged to be here. Cant complain if thats the case - people queue up to sign. If they do that and they're shit, then thats one thing - but Kari aint shit. Already had a tweet liked by him - felt nice; a wee bit of bonding between hero and amazing fantastic fan.

I like that about him. He takes the time to acknowledge the fans tweets. A simple thing, but it shows the class of the man.