beer gut

For or against the A.W.P.R.?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For or against the A.W.P.R.?

• For
    • Against
    • For, but wrong route
    • Brown

The Aberdeen bypass was first proposed back in 1948, disgrace that it is being further delayed, if they lose these nimby dicks should be made to tarmac the f**ker themselves - environmental protester piss.

No doubt it will get delayed further as they find a colony of water voles or such like.

The one on North Tonight was a guffie !!

I'm always amazed by that... They interview a 'local' and it's clearly someone who spent 60 years in england and maybe 2 in Scotland... and they qualify as a local voice?

Would be like me being the voice of inner city Detroit. Fecking ludicrous.

Between the bypass, Trump golf course, 3rd bridge for Bridge of Don, anti runway extension protestersand even to an extent the Union Terrace gardens idea i've actually lost the plot. Ok maybe the 3rd bridge is a bit much but the other things are examples of things that will help our city. We are still stuck in the 20th century and will never improve if all these plans are thwarted.

Absolute joke!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Between the bypass, Trump golf course, 3rd bridge for Bridge of Don, anti runway extension protestersand even to an extent the Union Terrace gardens idea i've actually lost the plot. Ok maybe the 3rd bridge is a bit much but the other things are examples of things that will help our city. We are still stuck in the 20th century and will never improve if all these plans are thwarted.

No shock with our council. Today it is revealed that the cooncil spent 165k on a new computer system which them came with no instructions so it was just put aside and never used!!

I'm always amazed by that... They interview a 'local' and it's clearly someone who spent 60 years in england and maybe 2 in Scotland... and they qualify as a local voice?

Would be like me being the voice of inner city Detroit. Fecking ludicrous.

Probably because were a basically quiet lot in the North East, I would hide from the cameras unless I was pished

Contact them here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wish to make direct contact with Road Sense, please email to enquiries@road-sense.org

Each of our constituent communities has a web page (still under construction), runs an e-mail list and holds regular meetings at the local level. To add your name to your local mail list please contact your community representative.

Charleston - Neil McAllan

Neil.McAllan@amec.com

Netherley

Not to the majority of Brig O' Donners it's nae.

Totally agree with building the bypass and the 3rd bridge over the don... but cant agree with the UTG project or with Trump.

The plans for UTG are nothing short of ridiculous, the money they are talking about could be spent far better somewhere else. And what Trump is/ has got away with at balmedie is another disgrace. Ah well.

• 1 month later...

So the saga drags on, or maybe it ends this week at last.

Latest from one of these Road Nonsense bams I heard on the radio today was that it was going to cost too much, much more than Holyrood says it will, and that if we all knew the real cost, we'd be against it.

Isn't that nice, so thoughtful, worrying that we are misinformed, and would rather save a few quid than have this nightmare of a road system in Aberdeen improved?

Seems to me they've all but given up on their other arguments, and are resorting to the last resort, scare us with the cost.

Funny thing though http://www.road-sense.org/AWPR-MortgagingYourFuture.html ..........

When the former Transport Minister Tavish Scott announced his preference for a significantly longer route choice, 46km compared with 30 km for the previous preferred option, for the AWPR in December 2005, he also announced his intention to fund the AWPR through a Public Private Partnership, or PPP.
...and why is there a significantly longer route? Yes you bloody tubes, because of all the protesting you nimbys did in the first place :soapbox:

Build the thing, Aberdeen's traffic is an embarrassment.

Its only one part of several improvements that need to be made IMO.

I'd get trams all through the city. They get people round the city quickly so more people would be willing to use them

Trains from the outskirts. Covering Dyce (properly), Bucksburn, Woodside. Westhill to twon through Summerhill and Mastrick. Cove through Altens etc. If people could get from Cove to the city centre in 10 minutes for a couple of quid a day they'd soon leave the car at home for work etc and only use it when its actually needed.

Sack Worst Bus and get a real bus company in

The infrastructure in this city is appalling!

Always been FOR the bypass and haven't changed my mind. Same as i'm all for the Trump golf course too (yes i feel a bit sorry for folks homes, but the compensation he's offering sets them up for a long time) and the money that will come into our economy for that will be massive which can only be a good thing.

Road Sense can suck my balls!!!

Someone I used to work with used to work in what was the transport department of the Scottish Executive. He always maintained that the evidence about the traffic issues in/around Aberdeen were not caused by the north/south heading traffic, but that traffic meeting the eastward traffic at certain points in the road network, and as a result a bypass - which runs north/south wouldn't solve the problems, as the eastward traffic would still have to cross it.

When you look at the route (assuming it hasn't changed since I last looked), the bypass still crosses other roads, with roundabouts used - therefore, all that happens is that the bottlenecks are moved from A to B. Does this solve the problem, or just move it? If they are putting in flyovers then that will help maintain the flow of the traffic, but without that will it do what it is supposed to do. And, perhaps more importantly, will it do what it is supposed to do in 10, 20, 30 years time?

Someone I used to work with used to work in what was the transport department of the Scottish Executive. He always maintained that the evidence about the traffic issues in/around Aberdeen were not caused by the north/south heading traffic, but that traffic meeting the eastward traffic at certain points in the road network, and as a result a bypass - which runs north/south wouldn't solve the problems, as the eastward traffic would still have to cross it.

That's more or less what I think. There can't be much traffic coming into the South of the city that actually leaves from the North and vice versa. I read once it's under 2%.

I don't see what a bypass will achieve

That's more or less what I think. There can't be much traffic coming into the South of the city that actually leaves from the North and vice versa. I read once it's under 2%.

I don't see what a bypass will achieve

For one, it will stop all those huge lorries taking the 'unofficial bypass', the wee country roads which go via the Netherly Road, through Culter, up the back road to Westhill, out past Skene where they meet the A96 at Kintore.

In this day and age, lorries having to take a route like that is scandalous.

Plus there's the folk that live in the North of the city and commute to Altens or the folk who live south / west of the city but commute to Dyce / Bridge of Doom.

Not to mention the new AFC stadium :checkit:

Done properly they are the best form of transport about. The main problem is drivers not realising they move down the pecking order on the roads.

Well, to be absolutely correct, drivers don't want to move down the pecking order. We pay a bloody fortune in direct and indirect taxes to keep our cars on the road, so why should we be put behind buses, trams, cyclists or pedestrians?

Well, to be absolutely correct, drivers don't want to move down the pecking order. We pay a bloody fortune in direct and indirect taxes to keep our cars on the road, so why should we be put behind buses, trams, cyclists or pedestrians?

Drivers in the UK are some of the worst I've seen FS. Flying up roads beside schools, thinking its a race to get from one set of lights to another etc. Pedestrians always have right of way, read your highway code my friend.

The pecking order is simple when it comes to the roads.

Pedestrians

Cyclists

Trams

Buses

Cars

Buses only go before cars because you need one hell of a car to go against a bus and come off best.

With a proper public transport system that includes trams though there would be a lot less cars on the road so you'd get to your destination quicker without having to do the 4 stop race up Union St. Is that not worth giving way for?

Works in Holland, works in Belgium, works in Germany, works in San Fran, works everywhere I've seen it actually bar Edinburgh but then there are a lot of Audi's there as well.