12 Points In 4 Games

I see nothing wrong with the manager coming out and saying

"We want/can get 12 points from 4 games"

If he came out and said anything else he would have got slated for not showing any ambition and conceding defeat.

We won't get 12 points, but I expect our players, our manager and everyone involved with AFC to try and get those 12 points regardless.

If he came out and said anything else he would have got slated for not showing any ambition and conceding defeat.

We won't get 12 points, but I expect our players, our manager and everyone involved with AFC to try and get those 12 points regardless.

It's his history that's the problem.

He announced a while ago that Motherwell were going to be second.

The players will have thought he had no faith in their ability.

Why the sudden positivity from him when he's been too negative all season ?

There are a few things that have went tits up this season for us, injuries being the main 1, the loss of Fraser for sure, and a few failures from management, which is to be expected, the faith in Vernon and Langfield being 2 obvious issues, I still believe that the current squad is the best we have had since 2006/07, so its been 6-7 years in the making. is it time for change? probably....but I have no issues whatsoever with how Brown and Knox have changed us as a team, a top 6 finish is stil on the cards, but I'd say we need another 10 points to cement that.

I know you folk like to be positive :sheepdance: so here is some stats:

Haven't beat Motherwell at Pittodrie since 2009 (McDonald/Miller goal) - 7 games ago

Last time Aberdeen beat Celtic at Parkhead on a saturday was September 1993 with a goal from Mixu Paatelainen

Aberdeen last league goal against Hearts (home or away) was in 2009 scored by Lee Miller. Last time we won against them at home in the league was just after Christmas 2008.

Beat Dundee Utd last new year at Tannadice thanks to an amazing goal from Kari Arnason :)

• Upvote 1

I know you folk like to be positive :sheepdance: so here is some stats:

Haven't beat Motherwell at Pittodrie since 2009 (McDonald/Miller goal) - 7 games ago

Last time Aberdeen beat Celtic at Parkhead on a saturday was September 1993 with a goal from Mixu Paatelainen

Aberdeen last league goal against Hearts (home or away) was in 2009 scored by Lee Miller. Last time we won against them in the league was just after Christmas 2008.

Beat Dundee Utd last new year at Tannadice thanks to an amazing goal from Kari Arnason :)

On the bright side Jonny Russell out for season with broken leg!!

Lets take care of Motherwell first[ All we are saying is give us a goal] an old chant but apt for our current form .Smith in Hughes oot for starters add some much needed pace to get up park.

CB despite his hopes for points has already identified Motherwell as a superior side - expect 4-5-1 - with McGinn expected to create his own space and make and score the goal by himself.

He might, he is quite good; sadly our defence is poor and the chances of us not conceding are slim.

If we set up as a genuine 4-3-3 or even better 4-4-2 with width going forward we'd really have a much better chance - we are still much, much better going forward than trying to stifle a game and steal a goal.

We won't even set the team up to win though. All brown ever does is try to avoid losing. Useless old CUNT

We have a team playing to its strengths and playing with confidence could easily climb into the upper reaches of the league.

Sadly we neither play to our strengths nor have we any great confidence. The manager has brought together a reasonable squad but much like in his tenure at Scotland will insist on playing players whose best days are behind them ahead of players whose best days should be coming. For all his football knowledge he lacks the bravery required to win and he has been here a season too long - think what we would have done with this squad with a manager not afraid to lose by chasing the win.

Too little and too late from CB.

Would Brown get kept on if we ended up getting 2nd place (nae going to happen but in theory...)

Would you want Brown to stay if we came 2nd?

No to both. IMO.

A leopard doesn't change it's spots. Seen enough to know this team should be pushing for 2nd anyway, and not require a last minute incredible run - just to get top 6.

Would Brown get kept on if we ended up getting 2nd place (nae going to happen but in theory...)

Would you want Brown to stay if we came 2nd?

To get second we'd need to be playing a different style of football - if we reached second then yes, I'd say CB would have done well and would deserve to be kept on - in theory like.