Typical Daily Ranger Article

"As for the Rangers angle, do us a favour. There are some Dons fans who hate the Ibrox club as much as they love their own.

They need to pipe down. There is enough to worry about at their own club.

Some Aberdeen fans never took to Jimmy Calderwood because they saw him as a Gers man and look where that got them. They ended up chasing arguably their most consistently successful boss in 20 years.

And by the way who did Sir Alex Ferguson play for again?"

This is the type of shite some on here are coming away with.

The problem with McInnes is regards sevco, not Rangers ffs!

Any Dons fans who don’t fancy McInnes because of his CV need to get a grip.

Oh right, how so?

McInnes was hot property having steered St Johnstone out of a cut-throat First Division and established them as a SPL outfit. When he left they were fourth in the table and on course for Europe.

Hmm, you may have a point there, but what about his stint in England?

Forget about what happened in England with Bristol City.

Oh right, just ignore a year and half of his career just because it suits your argument? Fuck off you weegie prick.

McInnes has my backing now but with the makings of a decent squad, he needs to make the badly needed tweaks in the summer and hit the ground running.

I would absolutely love it if he proved me, and many others, wrong.

COYR :scarf:

• Upvote 5

The guy is on the wind up but apart from the obvious wind up stuff he's right.

If you have a background we don't like, or think you're pretty shit... we're not going to be overjoyed at your arrival.

If you start to do well by us and for us, you'll get our support.

If you go on to keep on doing right by us, everything will be forgotten for what you've done where it matters.

Now... all that is true and largely what he says (with some embellishment) but really, how the hell is that different to any other place?

West Coast Press in Wind Up Aberdeen Surprise.

Aye right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This guy is living in the past; it's not January 2011 it's March 2013! That said I don't remember thinking he was anything other than solid at St Johnstone; building a dour team full of experienced journeymen was my recollection.

Didn't he have someone like Danny Invincible........ great name. Must have boosted shirt sales.

Any Dons fans who don’t fancy McInnes because of his CV need to get a grip.

Oh right, how so?

>>McInnes was hot property having steered St Johnstone out of a cut-throat First Division and established them as a SPL outfit. When he left they were fourth in the table and on course for Europe.

lockquote>

Hmm, you may have a point there, but what about his stint in England?

>Forget about what happened in England with Bristol City.

Oh right, just ignore a year and half of his career just because it suits your argument? Fuck off you weegie prick.

McInnes has my backing now but with the makings of a decent squad, he needs to make the badly needed tweaks in the summer and hit the ground running.

I would absolutely love it if he proved me, and many others, wrong.

COYR :scarf:

I don't think you can write off his time down south (which included both success and failure) but a lot of folk seem to be ignoring the context of what his job down there seemed to involve.

Having to halve the wage bill of a team already widely tipped for relegation when teams above you are spending millions is a hard ask, and is umpteen times harder than anything he'll be expected to do at Pittodrie.

I do agree with this. Down south, the general consensus is that he was set up to fail. He did well to keep them up in his first season, as they were looking dead certs to go down before he took over. His second season, well... it is a tight league, where just a few results can be the difference between play-off contention and relegation trouble.

I'm not thrilled at his appointment, but nevertheless, I think his record isn't as bad as many think.

• Site Sponsor

"The Red Army response to the appointment has been a bit muted, while some of it has been frankly ridiculous."

which part of that is wrong?

granted, the article does really put the boot in to you guys, but then so what, its true

Ah, so you are a closet Sevconian.

• Downvote 1

People will always only see what they want to see. We've got plenty of people banging on about the "23 goal" season, but nobody mentions the 57 goal season that came before it - a single season figure we've not seen at Pittodrie since before the league was last restructured. We've not scored 80 in two seasons since the heights of JC. And he got his team to finish above us both seasons, despite only scoring 23 goals in one of them.

His cup performances were decent too, no unexpected defeats, 2 semi finals out of 4 in the seasons he spent in the SPL.

But yeah, its a shit record. :whistling:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Took Bristol City from 21st to 24th, which is not that bad, only dropped three places because of him.

If we do the same, we'll be 12th, which is reasonable, when you take other factors into consideration, such as constraints, and folk like me giving the manager cheek and stuff.

Anyone would struggle under such onerous terms.

• Downvote 1

I don't know why, but the bit that winds me up is where he is quoted saying this is the only job he applied for. He is in the papers putting his self forward for both Dundee jobs and the Hearts job. Im certain he would have applied for Utd and Hearts if he is applying for the Dons job. I dont have any issue with this except the contractiction which implies a total "Lip Service". That sort of thing gets on my nerves!

Apart from that, I will hold judgement and give him a chance. *Praying Foster stays the fuck away*

im not one of the morons who act like those which this fine journalist has ousted

"The Red Army response to the appointment has been a bit muted, while some of it has been frankly ridiculous."

granted, the article does really put the boot in to you guys, but then so what, its true

Ah, so you are a closet Sevconian.

Closet?...... It looks like he has outed himself now. Been suspected for a while though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Francois are you saying you are not part of "the red army" aka Aberdeen fc fan? Has your lust for the tango pushed you too far????

• Downvote 1

Not article related but you might be interested to know that of all the newspapers who used my story the other month and promised to pay money to the local school, only the Daily Record and The Sun failed to pay the school a penny despite promising the same as the other newspapers who did pay up.

Not that I'm saying the Daily Record are scum or anything though. Make your own mind up.