Peter Pawlett - Diver Extraordinaire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22467167

Credit to McInnes right enough.

Siege mentality Deek :thumbup1:

Back yer team Boss :thumbup1:

Fucking well in Derek min.

Aboot time we had someone unwilling to take the shit that regularly gets flung at us from the MSM.

That's it. This McInnes thing. I'm in. I already was really, but on it full bifter now.

We've been crying out for someone to fight our corner for years. Looks like we may just have found him.

McInnes said: "They've had 36 games to sort themselves out. It's not Peter Pawlett or Aberdeen's fault."

McInnes pointed out that Aberdeen had cause to feel hard done by with decisions from match officials and is not convinced that Pawlett dived.

"As a club, we've accepted the punishment," he said, before adding: "For me, it still isn't clear.

"I'll be looking out to see if there is the same outrage and comment about players from incidents like that in the future.

"To lay the consequences of Dundee's relegation - and people losing their jobs, at Peter Pawlett's door is bang out of order.

"We've been on the wrong end of a lot of decisions this year."

Play media

Highlights: Dunde

• Upvote 3

Fucking well in Derek min.

Aboot time we had someone unwilling to take the shit that regularly gets flung at us from the MSM.

That's it. This McInnes thing. I'm in. I already was really, but on it full bifter now.

We've been crying out for someone to fight our corner for years. Looks like we may just have found him.

McInnes said: "They've had 36 games to sort themselves out. It's not Peter Pawlett or Aberdeen's fault."

McInnes pointed out that Aberdeen had cause to feel hard done by with decisions from match officials and is not convinced that Pawlett dived.

"As a club, we've accepted the punishment," he said, before adding: "For me, it still isn't clear.

"I'll be looking out to see if there is the same outrage and comment about players from incidents like that in the future.

"To lay the consequences of Dundee's relegation - and people losing their jobs, at Peter Pawlett's door is bang out of order.

"We've been on the wrong end of a lot of decisions this year."

Play media

Highlights: Dunde

look even at mcginns face in the still for that video...sheer determination

i am liking the improvements so far

solidarity

I've just watched the press conference for Saturdays game.

What a difference.

McInnes handles the questions well.

Brown would be bumbling and mumbling his way through it and probably end up condemning Pawlett and sticking up for that hun prick Brown.

I'm warming to McInnes.

McInnes stands up for Pawlett.

A change from Softy Broon, who would undoubtedly agree with the Weegia slaughtering our player.

Well done, McInnes... although I'd have liked to see an even stronger, more belligerent response towards this pish that even our own fans are falling for.

Change from almost any manager you name that we've had this century.

Uncle Ebbe used to just shrug his shoulders and think of a gem one liner

Paterson used to blame finances for having piss poor players

Calderwood always sided with the opposition and had no issues hanging his players out to dry

McGhee publicly said all his players were shite 2 weeks into the job

Brown was always far too nice and would revert to making a point about how many saves a keeper made in a game

Think the last manager that would stand up for the club and the players was Willie Miller.

• Upvote 2

As I said before, McInnes was right in about the ref and linesman at half time complaining about shirt tugging it looked like....makes a change from Brown and his refusal to slag off anything controversial

Deek is certainly saying and doing the right things...........

I'll be judging McInnes on next season's football, not this season's comments.

But it's fair to say he's not doing himself any harm coming out with this kind of (very truthful) comment

"They've had 36 games to sort themselves out. It's not Peter Pawlett or Aberdeen's fault."

As said above, when was the last time a manager in the employ of Aberdeen actually hit back at the pish spoken about Aberdeen and our players?

Peter Pawlett has been shown to be a serial diver and a cheat with his attempts to get a penalty for the teams he's played for.

Do we find his actions acceptable and a part of the modern game or should he be chastised like he was in Sportscene earlier?

Does McInnes need to have a word with him to cut it out?

Or if he's going to continue to do it, does he need to learn to be cleverer?

But do we want our players cheating like this?

Who gives a fuck what the weegie media think. I'm fed up with Aberdeen being regarded as nice cuddly failures and its time we gave it some balls. Ferguson didna gie a shite who we annoyed and if McInnes is a bit like that then great. It's time AFC stopped being nice guy pushovers.

Bomber and his pals can all fuck off and get over it.

Advice to Pawlett. Let him get a bit closer afore you go down.

Gerrintyrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched the video so many times and still think he was caught. He should have paid the £1k appeal fee himself if the club weren't prepared to so at least he could defend himself at hearing.

Got to disagree.

It was a dive, and he cheated.

Where McInnes is right is the amount of coverage Pawlett got.

Ojaama did the same thing and it was barely mentioned.

Then again, this is Pawlett's 4th offence in a year.

Bottom line is, leaving the diving aside, he's not good enough for Aberdeen's first X1.