Sevco Thread

The Rangers Europa League opponents Standard Liege have confirmed FOUR positive Covid-19 results ahead of Thursday's clash in Belgium.

Still find it hard to believe that none of the Sevco players have ever tested positive for Covid.

Still time I suppose.

Before we play them again would be great.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:34 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

For such a self professed wordsmith he’s not exactly a man of his word is he.

Goes back on his words more than a world champion word search geek

MT's not a wordsmith. No chance.

(If he thinks he is a wordsmith then I think he needs to look up what it means, which probably proves he's isn't one - and we've all read many of his posts)

I think he IS a logophile though, which I like.

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Annoyingly these fucks look like the real deal. It doesn't take much of an improvement for them to be an eminent force in Scottish football, but they're churning out decent results in Europe time after time. 

Cunts.

Second tier tournament where a lot of the teams that qualify are much of a muchness. The real quality of course qualifies for the Champions League but there are still about 10-12 clubs who don't and end up in the Europa League that are way above sevco's level and who will ensure that der hun get eliminated by the last 8 at the absolute latest.

However they are accruing fucking great tranches of prize money along the way (thankfully offset this season by having no crowds to boost the coffers). I've already resigned myself that they're better than Celtic and will win the first league title in their short history. 

Two champions league spots next season and probably an automatic group stage spot available the following season.

The huns are well placed to claw back some of the millions theyve been 'investing'.

We've a chance to hang on to the coat tails this time so it's not 100% 'fuck the coefficient'. I'm confident with Cormack at the helm we wont meekly roll over and allow the Killie's, the Hibs', the United's to enjoy direct entry to group stages etc (probably the case in a couple of years time at the rate the huns/celtic are doing in europe).

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

). I've already resigned myself that they're better than Celtic and will win the first league title in their short history. 

Loads of Huns were expecting the title last new year after they beat the Tim’s and were top.

Theres still a long way to go and I’d Kevin Keegan love it for SevCo to remain without any honours to their name

• Upvote 1

Really hoping an English club comes in for the coach Beale and gets him out of there.

He is the tactics guy and Liverpool did not want to lose him when the season ticket salesman came calling.

Always at Gerrard's shoulder during games directing things and a huge part of why they are doing well in Europe.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, Lencarl said:

The Rangers are the "best coached team" in the Scottish Premiership, according to former Ibrox defender Maurice Ross.

It's along time I have heard his name mentioned.

Think he played for Aberdeen once upon a time.

Who actually contacts these ex players ?

Given he is a coach on another SPL team, is he saying himself and his colleagues are inept?

He was manager of a few Faroese sides a few years back. Hopelessly out of his depth even there.

Very annoying that their gamble spending money they didn’t have in the hope of making inroads in Europe seems to be paying off.

I’m starting to get nervous that they might actually win their first ever major trophy this year. Lennon is really starting to struggle without Eduoard available to single handedly win games for them.

They'll win a trophy at some point. 

Celtic appointing Lennon after Rodgers was a leveller. 

The only way to change things is for us, Hibs an others to take points off both of them like in the 80s when us, Dundee United and Hearts were all capable of avoiding 4 fucking defeats against them. 

Even a win and draw out of the 4 games would make a big difference. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We can but hope.

LongCOVID or whatever they call it.

Every last one of the cunts hopefully 

sevCovid I thought ?

I think the SevCo team that travelled to the game should be told to isolate by the Scottish government and Rangers have to play their youth team for the next fortnight

• Upvote 1
On 10/23/2020 at 3:58 AM, Tord31 said:

Two champions league spots next season and probably an automatic group stage spot available the following season.

The huns are well placed to claw back some of the millions theyve been 'investing'.

We've a chance to hang on to the coat tails this time so it's not 100% 'fuck the coefficient'. I'm confident with Cormack at the helm we wont meekly roll over and allow the Killie's, the Hibs', the United's to enjoy direct entry to group stages etc (probably the case in a couple of years time at the rate the huns/celtic are doing in europe).

This is the thing. If they repeat the performances of last season there's a chance they can raise Scotland to 12th in the rankings. Nations 1 to 12 get an automatic EL group stage spot for the national cup winner. I'm presuming that spot would go to the 3rd placed team if the cup winner were already occupying a CL spot.

8 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

This is the thing. If they repeat the performances of last season there's a chance they can raise Scotland to 12th in the rankings. Nations 1 to 12 get an automatic EL group stage spot for the national cup winner. I'm presuming that spot would go to the 3rd placed team if the cup winner were already occupying a CL spot.

Not quite correct.

The 12th placed nation league will have the cup winners go into the play off round of the Europa League.

This still guarantees group stage football though as even as a loser, you drop into the EL Conference league groups