Thread O Mass Shootings

Ke1t

Had to chuckle at the news just now, as we speak there's a candlelight vigil in........ George square Glasgow! for the Orlando shooting, jesus no one does grief like them, who decides which atrocity gets the candles out on the streets, don't think they bothered with 20 odd killed in suicide bombings in Syria the other day or the Egypt air crash the other week.

I blame facebook.

Meanwhile in Turkey Erdogan's newspaper headline '50 perverts killed in homosexual bar' :laughing:

The Turks are at least honest. Over here we are expected to have a big outpouring of sympathy for them.

If you weren't in a gay bar, you'd still be alive is my view on these folk.

You canna shoot up an empty gaybar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

My take on this is that the boy himself was probably a deeply closeted homosexual, whose anger was driven by nothing more complex than fairly epic sexual frustration.

Just hearing that the shooter has been identified from gay apps.

Possibly a little bit of bottling up his massive love of the cock while pretending to be homophobic. Too much cognitive dissonance in one brain and.... pop... his wee brain blows a fuse and a shit ton of people die.

Wonder if Trump will demand all gay sorts be banned from the States.

Arming gays seems to be the favoured solution.

America is sick. A society eating itself.

Shares in gun companies soared yesterday. That means mass shootings are a seriously lucrative business.

So you conclude that the gun lobby have a huge vested interest in people killing each other.

Mental.

• Upvote 1

Just hearing that the shooter has been identified from gay apps.

Possibly a little bit of bottling up his massive love of the cock while pretending to be homophobic. Too much cognitive dissonance in one brain and.... pop... his wee brain blows a fuse and a shit ton of people die.

Wonder if Trump will demand all gay sorts be banned from the States.

Yep, now being reported that he frequented the very club where the shootings took place. Looks like my hunch was bang-on.

Had to chuckle at the news just now, as we speak there's a candlelight vigil in........ George square Glasgow! for the Orlando shooting, jesus no one does grief like them, who decides which atrocity gets the candles out on the streets, don't think they bothered with 20 odd killed in suicide bombings in Syria the other day or the Egypt air crash the other week.

I blame facebook.

Im interested to see the Liverpool response.

It must be a close tie Dayts, both as weird as each other.

there's a candlelight vigil in........ George square Glasgow!

I heard an individual on the radio last night, speaking from George Square.

They claimed the shooting was "nothing to do with Islamic Extremism" and was simply because of "homophobia and transphobia".

And apparently the mass killing was "an example of the hatred we are subjected to every single day".

Shameless efforts to make political capital out of deaths.

Its strange how, the more tolerance and rights such people are afforded, the more they seem to perceive they are disliked / disadvantaged and the more hysterical and angry they become. Its almost as if the former social stigma was serving a purpose, in saving people from themselves.

Think back to the 80s, before the major drive to normalise homosexual behaviour. There were many openly gay people, often popular celebrities, who were very successful and seemed quite happy. They didnt have the weight of the world on their shoulders, like the young ones of today (who have never known anything other than tolerance) have. Yet they lived in the era before "homophobia" and "gay marriage" etc.

I personally think the orlando attack location was chosen as a symbol of what islam sees as Godless western decadence. It could just have easily been a shopping mall, church or synagogue - as happens routinely in muslim nations.

• Downvote 2

I personally think the orlando attack location was chosen as a symbol of what islam sees as Godless western decadence. It could just have easily been a shopping mall, church or synagogue - as happens routinely in muslim nations.

I think it was chosen because he hated gay people.

• Upvote 3