Logan Racially Abused ?

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/football/the-dons/celtic-winger-s-racism-case-put-on-hold-by-sfa-1.599949

The SFA has put the Hampden date on hold after the Celtic winger was called up to the Bulgaria squad to face Norway and Croatia next month in Euro 2016 qualifiers.

Load of shite. "Don't mind us Ye Timmy Bastard, you go off and enjoy your football while we think of a way to get you off for Racial slurs"

As per usual, every attempt will be made to sweep this under the carpet.

This happened before, the SFA stalls the investigation until the heat dies down then smacks Celtic's/Rangers' wrist with the absolute minimum of ticking off.

And our club will accept it like the bitch it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Celtic's Aleksandar Tonev given seven-game ban for racist abuse

Celtic winger Aleksandar Tonev has been banned for seven matches for "using abusive language of a racist nature".

The 24-year-old was charged following an incident involving Aberdeen defender Shay Logan during a Scottish Premiership match in September.

And the "excessive misconduct" charge was established by a Scottish FA judicial panel.

However, Celtic say they will appeal against the punishment, insisting the Bulgarian is "not a racist".

Tonev moved to the Scottish champions on loan from Aston Villa in August and has featured in 10 matches.

A Celtic spokesperson said: "Racism has no place in football and as a club for all people, Celtic absolutely abhors racism of any kind.

"This was a very unfortunate case, but the club has accepted Aleksandar's explanation that he did not say the words that were alleged to have been said and that he is not a racist.

"We are, therefore, very disappointed by the outcome today and can confirm that Aleksandar will be appealing this decision."

What did he say then Celtic?

All for clubs defending their players before incidents but hes been proven guilty what more do they need?

With these words

"This was a very unfortunate case, but the club has accepted Aleksandar's explanation that he did not say the words that were alleged to have been said and that he is not a racist.

They are 100% stating that Shay is a liar. That he has made it up.

They truly are a complete fucking disgrace of a club.

Scum.

With these words

They are 100% stating that Shay is a liar. That he has made it up.

They truly are a complete fucking disgrace of a club.

Scum.

And Reynolds for that matter.

A 7 game-ban for a player who has only started 3 times this season? That's not a punishment. Points deduction was the real punishment and the SFA have shit it because it's the green huns.

I'd be interested to know what Tonev said though. Did he use the word black as an adjective? If he called Shay a "black bastard" I am not sure (in my opinion) if this is racist. I count this equally alongside calling someone a fat bastard, ginger bastard, weegie bastard and stinky bastard. You don't see lines of stinky folk complaining to the fuzz about what they get called. Think about poor Garth, he'd spend his days in Queen Street lodging complaints.

Anyway, a couple of points whilst I finish my lunch.

If it was directed abuse - i.e. you fucking black bastard or you fucking nigger - that is certainly racist and he should get the book thrown at him, ban doubled after unsuccessful appeal etc. Green huns on last warning prior to points deduction.

However, if it was just inserting the word black as an adjective - 'meh.' Worth reporting at the time maybe, but I think it would warrant a ticking off more than anything else.

I've lived in multi-cultural societies - moreso than in Aberdeen, I've also lived in darkest West Africa where at times I've been the only white person around - and I'm absolutely certain I've had the word white used as an adjective to describe me. If I am called a white bastard, the offensive part isn't the colour. I think the same should be expected here.

Glad to see the arsehole getting a ban, I expected this to have been brushed under the carpet like everything else associated with the two scum clubs in Glasgow.

There are some over reactions on Social Media as usual, both ways. Celtic fans saying "There is no proof...this is outrageous" and an Aberdeen fan going "He should be jailed for LIFE"