Films

The Ritual

The boy Spall fae Aufweidersehn Pets loon, a boy fae Four Lions, a lad fae Corrie and some chubby nerd (not Bluto) getting taken out in the Swedish wilderness by a big goat demon

6.5/10

They all die apart fae Spall

tut tut tut. Uncalled for Mobby. 

Joker

So is it all that, does it live up to the hype? Yes it does, I could write a thesis on this. Kudos to the writers/director as this gets it right on many levels right down to a 100min running time which feels just perfect. Joker starts as a manic depressive simmering volcano with a personality incapable of being leader of any gang until the final act completes a morphosis into the character as portrayed by Heath Ledger.  

Couldn't help but notice it also uses a Gary Glitter track as part of the soundtrack. Doubt that's happened for quite some time.

Joker

So is it all that, does it live up to the hype? Yes it does, I could write a thesis on this. Kudos to the writers/director as this gets it right on many levels right down to a 100min running time which feels just perfect. Joker starts as a manic depressive simmering volcano with a personality incapable of being leader of any gang until the final act completes a morphosis into the character as portrayed by Heath Ledger.

Couldn't help but notice it also uses a Gary Glitter track as part of the soundtrack. Doubt that's happened for quite some time.

Wasn’t expecting him to suffocate his mum with a pillow or stab Randal in the neck I must admit.

El Camino

Older, fatter, shitter version of Breaking Bad.

Everything eh feared it would be.

2/10

Disappointing to hear that Bri.

The Day Shall Come.

New one from Chris Morris (Brass Eye). As ever Morris mixes satire with uncomfortable reality, this time taking potshots at the FBI. 

This doesn't work for me. Alongside the satire this subject matter should cause feelings of outrage but it just doesn't. It laughs off the actions of the FBI in recruiting people as terrorists with the sole purpose of then arresting them to make themselves look good. Morally repugnant but this doesn't get under the skin the way it should.