Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

But but but the budgets... it's not fair... and and and the domestic league is holding them back...

That was a Daily Retard headline the othet day, something like "plucky Celtic will have to overcome a £100m gulf" or something. Funny we never get similar headlines decrying the vast imbalance in wealth when the likes of St Mirren or Livingston square up to the tims.

• Upvote 3

Excellent, a big fuck you to any prick who wants Celtic to do well in Europe for the good of Scottish football........

Similar to most, I like Celtic getting a taste of their own medicine (ie playing clubs with significantly more resources).  However, remember Celtic success in Europe helps our national coefficient which might one day allow us two entries into the Championship League as well as later entry into the Europa League.  Plus, UEFA provides development fee compensation to SPFL clubs due to Celtic participation in Championship League as Celtic likes to remind everyone. Personally and yes maybe I am being rather petty, but I rather not see a second entry for Championship anytime soon as I enjoy Ranger (and their fans) obsessively trying to catch up financially with their cross-town rivals.

• Downvote 2

Similar to most, I like Celtic getting a taste of their own medicine (ie playing clubs with significantly more resources).  However, remember Celtic success in Europe helps our national coefficient which might one day allow us two entries into the Championship League as well as later entry into the Europa League.  Plus, UEFA provides development fee compensation to SPFL clubs due to Celtic participation in Championship League as Celtic likes to remind everyone. Personally and yes maybe I am being rather petty, but I rather not see a second entry for Championship anytime soon as I enjoy Ranger (and their fans) obsessively trying to catch up financially with their cross-town rivals.

Im sure that the ranking for two CL spots (and an extra Europa League spot is 15th) as far as Im aware Scotland is in 20th position with Denmark, Switzerland, Croatia, Cyprus and Serbia above us...but UEFA changed the way things are calculated last year 

Anyway, what Im trying to say is ....Fuck celtic

Well Neil Lennon managed to have them playing different styles to success both home and in Europe so why can't Rodgers?

Well mibbe it's been me just not paying attention, but I must have missed all that European success Neil Lennon led them to.

Unless he views not getting himself arrested or banned as a qualified success. :laughing:

Only success I can remember was that one game where they beat Barca - and they set themselves out to attack then as I recall, so that would more support Rodgers going for it.

Of course, maybe I'm just so tired of ourselves giving mediocre teams like Sevco too much respect that I have a conditioned negative response to the basic concept of defensive formations...

• Upvote 1

Sutton moaning about Valencias squad size and the amount that they spend on players was delivered without a slightest hint of irony...

"Celtic have raked in £14million more in revenue than Europa League opponents Valencia - according to the most recent financial results.

Brendan Rodgers' side are the underdogs to reach the last 16 of the tournament but they bring home more money (£102m) than the La Liga giants (£88m).

Stats, provided by football finance blog Swiss Ramble, are available for 21 of the 32 teams competing in the knockouts and Celtic rank 11th in terms of revenue - but rank 12th in terms of annual wages.

Valencia spend £9million more (£68m) on players than Celtic (£59m) and Los Che have been hamstrung in recent years after their stadium move hit the buffers after a financial crisis."

It's almost like they don't know what they are talking about, despite being paid a fortune to pontificate about it.

He got much, much better results in Europe and did so playing differently than they did at home

Quick google search.

2010/11 Played 1 round in CL Lost to Braga. Played 1 round in EL and lost to Utrecht.

2011/12 Lost to Sion in EL play off but got into EL after Sion got kicked out. Won 1 out of 6 in group and didn't qualify.

2012/13 Qualified to last 32 by winning 3 out of 6 games.

2013/14 Qualified for CL group stage. Won 1 out of 6.

Better than Brenda however still pretty shit.

Well mibbe it's been me just not paying attention, but I must have missed all that European success Neil Lennon led them to.

Unless he views not getting himself arrested or banned as a qualified success. :laughing:

Only success I can remember was that one game where they beat Barca - and they set themselves out to attack then as I recall, so that would more support Rodgers going for it.

Of course, maybe I'm just so tired of ourselves giving mediocre teams like Sevco too much respect that I have a conditioned negative response to the basic concept of defensive formations...

Set themselves out to attack?

No.

That was a 100% counter attacking Watt the fk moment

Brenda is an utter nob who’s failure to get the best out of a decent Liverpool team showed his deficiencies. Without Suarez he was a lost cause and imo taking the Tim job was a safety net to detract from the fact he’d struggle at another high profile job down south.

As MT said about Brenda’s comments on the opposition in SPFL it’s a total lack of class but not unexpected from him or his arrogant players

• Upvote 1

Brenda's weakness with Celtic in Europe & his attitude towards opponents is pretty much like for like with McInnes towards Celtic & Huns & any games he views as bigger.

Only times he's showed any real signs of balls, take fight to them, is only times he's been close to getting results against them as a whole.

Sit in & fill team with defensive players & you get what you play for mostly

Brenda's weakness with Celtic in Europe & his attitude towards opponents is pretty much like for like with McInnes towards Celtic & Huns & any games he views as bigger.

Only times he's showed any real signs of balls, take fight to them, is only times he's been close to getting results against them as a whole.

Sit in & fill team with defensive players & you get what you play for mostly

Aye?

OK

Two blatantly average managers that have achieved NOTHING above what their budgets would suggest.

None of the pair of them have exceeded expectations far closer to quite the opposite than anything nearing anything worthy of praise/credit for over achieving.

We can slate Rogers at Celtic all we want, as it's fair game. He's shite but same goes for McInnes just on a lesser level.

Only difference between the two is that Rogers gets the sympathy vote he begs half the media for. McInnes doesn't but not for want of trying

Two blatantly average managers that have achieved NOTHING above what their budgets would suggest.

None of the pair of them have exceeded expectations far closer to quite the opposite than anything nearing anything worthy of praise/credit for over achieving.

We can slate Rogers at Celtic all we want, as it's fair game. He's shite but same goes for McInnes just on a lesser level.

Only difference between the two is that Rogers gets the sympathy vote he begs half the media for. McInnes doesn't but not for want of trying