Gallagher

There is definite pressure to indulge Atlanta with the Gallagher loan......we must have made guarantees on game time..... He's clearly not good enough. 

Has a lot to prove..... not least his positional sense, use of the ball and when to pick up a pass.....

His hesitancy at Parkhead when there was an obvious thru ball to slot in Sam for 2-2 is a case in point.... I firmly believe this pissed off Cosgrove to the extent he then took out Ajer for the sending off...... This also led to lack of fire power in the following 2 games.  

There is definite pressure to indulge Atlanta with the Gallagher loan......we must have made guarantees on game time..... He's clearly not good enough. 

Has a lot to prove..... not least his positional sense, use of the ball and when to pick up a pass.....

His hesitancy at Parkhead when there was an obvious thru ball to slot in Sam for 2-2 is a case in point.... I firmly believe this pissed off Cosgrove to the extent he then took out Ajer for the sending off...... This also led to lack of fire power in the following 2 games.  

Clutching at straws there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 6 months later...
On 8/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, King Street Loon said:

Comments from Jon Gallagher on his time at Aberdeen.

https://www.facebook.com/316184815160325/posts/2924734574305323/

It was clear from pretty early that McInnes was desperate to use Gallagher's headless chicken running to try and make up for some of what we lost in Shinnie. 

Unfortunately for us, Gallagher, unlike Shinnie, is a truly awful footballer and was incapable of anything other than aimless running. 

I reckon that Gallagher might have been the least gifted technical footballer we've seen at Pittodrie in at least the last decade.

Before that, probably looking at Richie Byrne in terms of a lack of technical ability.  Richie, like Gallagher was a terrific athlete though!  Any other shouts?  Possible new topic?