Confederations Cup 2013

A wee bit early I know but I'm really looking forward to the Confederations Cup which starts on the 15th of June. The BBC are covering the games and all the games, except for the 3rd/4th place match are either 8pm or 11pm kick offs for us. Great to have plenty of football on in the evening during June :trophy:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/fifa-confederations-cup-on-tv.html

The big names will be there - Brazil, Spain, Italy, Nigeria, Japan, Uruguay, Mexico and of course Tahiti.

What sort of squads are these countries sending over?

Mickey Mouse tournament really.

I can see Brazil having a full strength squad simply because they are the hosts, they haven't played many competitive internationals recently and there will be a lot of pressure on them from the home support.

I can see Italy and Spain resting a few key players though and using the tournament as chance to blood a few fringe players and younger players.

I don't imagine Tahiti can do much apart from field their full strength squad. I can't imagine any of their players wanting to miss this chance out.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Brazil England yesterday.

Piss poor Brazil side, typical England team full of running and not much else.

Good result for England, but Brazil need to give themselves a shake.

Brazil were all over them the first half too. England are dire. But Brazil aren't much better. Home world cup but I can't see them winning it. Argentina, Spain or Germany.

Anyway, strong squads there from Spain and Italy. Only Xabi Alonso not making it cos he's injured.

• 2 weeks later...

6-1 to Nigeria in the end. I thought Tahiti gave it a good shot and Nigeria didn't look too fantastic. You could see the look on the managers face at the end that he was far from impressed. I had a few quid on Nigeria at -4 goals and when Tahiti scored to make it 3-1 I was starting to actually worry! Think Uruguay will qualify from the group along with Spain.

I watched a programme on USA 94 on Classics the other week.

Baggio is still the best player to play for Italy.

Top guy!

im an italua 90 and usa 94 expert. my two fav world cups.

in that period baggio was as good as anyone weve seen since 1980s maradona, messi excepted probably.

i reckon if italy had won that comp folk would compare him winning it to maradona doing it in 86.

From what I've seen so far, I'm loving the Brazilians. 180 degrees from what they were against the English.

I don't know if the Brazilians are better than the Spanish, but by fuck they're a lot more entertaining to watch.

Mon the Brazil.