Uni Life

Big Man

I'm not surprised folk go on gun rampages at schools and campuses, least these square swots deserve is a bullet to the head.

Nae the case now.

Uni/college is just a way to keep numbers off the unemployed quota.

Any cunt gets into Uni these days.

Makes a mockery of the decent education any folk over the age of 35 have.

I have 7 O'levels (all "proper" subjects) and 2 Highers (English and Geography, both A's) but any spaz could better that count now wi qualifications in "non subjects" and the "turn up, write your name and its a pass" standards.

Nae the case now.

I have 7 O'levels (all "proper" subjects) and 2 Highers (English and Geography, both A's) but any spaz could better that count now wi qualifications in "non subjects" and the "turn up, write your name and its a pass" standards.

Agree with this one for sure...the scum were not meant to go to University (I didn't go before any cu\*t has a go)...Thanks for that Tony Blair...you fu*king cock!!

Nae the case now.

Bang on the money. You could not be more right if you tried.

In fact, standards are so f*cked up in our higher education system you got probably take this post, bang a front cover on it, and submit it as a sociology Phd. thesis - and pass.

I just left university this week. The course was definitely not for me and it was seriously affecting my health. Miserable 14 months.

I've left university with a giant re-alignment of what my view of uni is. It's not full of intellectual, hard working people. It's a mix of upper class English arseholes who look down their nose at myself the tuechter, and the rest is filled in with neds.

In halls I had a look at my Agriculture student flatmates coursework.... fill in the blanks next to the picture, repeat. Anyone can get into Uni and it makes those who actually worked hard to get there feel like shit.

I just left university this week. The course was definitely not for me and it was seriously affecting my health. Miserable 14 months.

I've left university with a giant re-alignment of what my view of uni is. It's not full of intellectual, hard working people. It's a mix of upper class English arseholes who look down their nose at myself the tuechter, and the rest is filled in with neds.

In halls I had a look at my Agriculture student flatmates coursework.... fill in the blanks next to the picture, repeat. Anyone can get into Uni and it makes those who actually worked hard to get there feel like shit.

Good on you son - i mind your posts a few wiks ago telling us all about your situation.

What are you doing with yourself now?

p.s. there are still some hard-working intellectuals at university - you just have to look really hard.

Yesterdays scaffies and cooncil workers

Got my 8 standard grades 3 highers and an advanced (nae bad considering I went to Kincorth!!) then did a good degree which helped me get a good job. But hated being a student. Did it purely to get on. Hated being around dossers that thought they were better than everyone else because they were in uni (see above). You should respect everyone regardless of smarts or in most cases privilege.

Worked more hours than I was in uni just because I loathed being around those rugby bufty, jogging bottoms wearing, student loan having knobheids and didn't want to be classed the same.

Good on you son - i mind your posts a few wiks ago telling us all about your situation.

p.s. there are still some hard-working intellectuals at university - you just have to look really hard.

Just going to take some time out to re-evaluate what I want to do. Take a few part time jobs, keep working hard, get some more qualifications and just taking everything recently as life experience.

Major weight off the shoulders, knew it was the right thing, have to take your own interests as precedence sometimes.

I always here Uni being the best year of your life etc my mate said that but hes now stuck without a job after realizing that a year on the piss failing exams suddenly amounts to a shit load of resits that he just wasn't going to pass, 6 months on he still isn't working.

Sometimes regret not sticking in at School, but when your making decent money and still got decent prospects makes you wonder if 4-5 years of constant studying and being a stingy cunt on nights out is worth it all.

I always here Uni being the best year of your life etc my mate said that but hes now stuck without a job after realizing that a year on the piss failing exams suddenly amounts to a shit load of resits that he just wasn't going to pass, 6 months on he still isn't working.

Sometimes regret not sticking in at School, but when your making decent money and still got decent prospects makes you wonder if 4-5 years of constant studying and being a stingy cunt on nights out is worth it all.

Totally worth it for me. I had no idea what I wanted to do after uni, I didn't care. All I wanted to do was study. I partied hard in 1st and 2nd year and calmed down in 3rd and 4th year and studied subjects which I loved and couldn't get enough of. 12 hour library benders reading and researching such things as middle east terrorism, theories of democracy, space politics and preparing my dissertation on the economic blockade of Cuba. Fucking great. Went along to extra lectures on the reformation and criminal law, and done a Maths course on astronomy as well as two years of Philosophy. Then I did a post grad. I thrived in such an atmosphere and if I was picking up rubbish now or stacking shelves or flipping burgers I would never regret going to uni. I'd love to go back someday and do a PhD

It depends on the courses. Anyone who has completed and passed a pure science or engineering degree, at a good University like Edinburgh or St. Andrews would have to be reasonably intelligent. Also, at least in the last couple of years of their degree, they'd also have had to work damned hard.

Many of the Arts degrees are a complete joke though...

It depends what your motivation is. If you believe all that tony blair/alistair campbell ''uni is the pathway to a better job with more money'' shite then it probably isn't worth it.

I thought uni was great - its like MDAL sais i was totally engrossed in what i was studying and that is a fantastic thing to be able to take the time to do.

I had no grand expectations of what was going to happen afterwards though - you have to keep an open mind, but as an overall experience then it is true what they say about Uni being the best years of your life.

Bunch of f*ckin fannies coming through the doors now though. Alcohol, rampant consumerism and pervasive greed is largely to blame for the influx of cunts.

It depends on the courses. Anyone who has completed and passed a pure science or engineering degree, at a good University like Edinburgh or St. Andrews would have to be reasonably intelligent. Also, at least in the last couple of years of their degree, they'd also have had to work damned hard.

Many of the Arts degrees are a complete joke though...

not necessarily. :hysterical:

not necessarily. :hysterical:

If you studied something like Chemistry or Civil Engineering, or any pure applied science/engineering subject, at a decent University... and by decent, I refer to Edinburgh and St. Andrews in Scotland as examples, you have to work hard in your last couple of years, otherwise you'll fail. Between labs and lectures, you're more or less grafting 9-5 every day.

If you studied something like Chemistry or Civil Engineering, or any pure applied science/engineering subject, at a decent University... and by decent, I refer to Edinburgh and St. Andrews in Scotland as examples, you have to work hard in your last couple of years, otherwise you'll fail. Between labs and lectures, you're more or less grafting 9-5 every day.

not necessarily ;)

On the whole I'm glad I went to uni, I am proud of my degree but when I left I got a shock when I realised it wasn't worth very much. I do agree that it's not as difficult as it could be, but you can only do what's put in front of you. The entry requirements should be much more stringent, I'm not a massive fan of getting in through college either it's too easy for morons to scrape through, I'm not saying all people who take this route are morons, but there's certainly a fair few. I worked like a dog to get the grades I needed to get in but these days any fucker can manage one way or another. One thing I do regret about uni is the debt that I got into, it's a shame young people have to start off in life so far into the minus.

It depends what your motivation is. If you believe all that tony blair/alistair campbell ''uni is the pathway to a better job with more money'' shite then it probably isn't worth it.

I thought uni was great - its like MDAL sais i was totally engrossed in what i was studying and that is a fantastic thing to be able to take the time to do.

I had no grand expectations of what was going to happen afterwards though - you have to keep an open mind, but as an overall experience then it is true what they say about Uni being the best years of your life.

Bunch of f*ckin fannies coming through the doors now though. Alcohol, rampant consumerism and pervasive greed is largely to blame for the influx of cunts.

Fuck me you speak like you're some worldly old school graduate, you're about 22 FFS. How condascending!!

Totally worth it for me. I had no idea what I wanted to do after uni, I didn't care. All I wanted to do was study. I partied hard in 1st and 2nd year and calmed down in 3rd and 4th year and studied subjects which I loved and couldn't get enough of. 12 hour library benders reading and researching such things as middle east terrorism, theories of democracy, space politics and preparing my dissertation on the economic blockade of Cuba. Fucking great. Went along to extra lectures on the reformation and criminal law, and done a Maths course on astronomy as well as two years of Philosophy. Then I did a post grad. I thrived in such an atmosphere and if I was picking up rubbish now or stacking shelves or flipping burgers I would never regret going to uni. I'd love to go back someday and do a PhD

Exactly.

I fucking loved Uni.

Who gives a fuck if it helps you get a job or looks good on your cv?

It's great to be learning so much different things.

Fuck me you speak like you're some worldly old school graduate, you're about 22 FFS. How condascending!!

:hysterical:

All those years ago when I was in UNI (2 years ago), it was decent crack* and the course was ok, but I still don't know fit I want to do. Not a scooby. Never mind.

*note the use of the word crack, a uni word used by the irish cunts.