Aberdeen V Celtic (0 - 2)

So many options in the middle & wide areas to chop & change it's actually quite scary.

McInnes has done a fantastic job with the midfield for balance/cover.

Defence & up front is the only place we could have problems this season if we're hit by injuries again. Hope we finally get a little run injury free for a change.

Zola may need games but he's fkn slow & next to useless at high balls. Hope he's going to improve a lot cos from what I seen Today, I don't know how the fuck he scored 16 goals last season, Regardless of what level it was.

Not sure I'd want him starting against celtic to be honest.

Settle down, there's not one team in the league that can challenge Celtic for the title.

:clangers2:

I guess you missed that it was a little tongue in cheek then?

The media were touting our game against Motherwell as the battle to see who will be challenging for second place.

They were wrong cos that will be the games between celtic & well.

• Upvote 4

When you consider how many chances various pish strikers have had over the years I think we can give Zola a bit of leeway considering his pre-season was 30 minutes and he was lively enough last weekend.

If McInnes thinks there's a player in there then I'm happy for him to be given the chance for now.

I think he must have something to have scored 16 last season but I hope he gets up to speed soon.

I trust McInnes also in that he's signed him cos he's better than both Vernon & Magennis :crossfingers: but so far I've yet to relax on that thought.

Happy to be giving him time but maybe he's better suited to come on later in games at the moment rather than starting them. He looked a long way off the pace Today & stood out more against fresh legs.

I was glad to see him going off Today cos it was just never going to happen for him. Hopefully next time he's more up to it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism we've earned it after years of shite! Celtic don't look that formidable I think we can tak them at Pittodrie after what I saw today. Fantastic was great feeling leaving Motherhell with a victory.

COYR!!

As long as we play our own game & don't play to just try & frustrate them, then I'll be happy.

Play for 3 points & don't be happy with a draw. That's the mentality I want from the team & manager. Regardless of the opposition.

Celtic will yet again raise their game to play us but we'll have them a lot more nervous than normal this time.

They are not Barca. They're fkn a bunch of wannabes that needed a late winner against a poor County last week.

No fucking respect for them.

• Upvote 2

Bit harsh on Zola, remember th JJs defence aint all that great either and with Ambrose they have a bombscare waiting to happen. If Zola can rough them up a bit leaving Pawlett/Wylde/Hayes/McGinn to run at them we can really get at them.

At the back, Id go for Shaughnessy, Reynolds, Hector/Rusty, Robertson

Hopefully the last two results will tempt people to come back again, a packed Pittodrie and a team with no fear is the recipe to beat these minks

• Upvote 1

Bit harsh on Zola, remember th JJs defence aint all that great either and with Ambrose they have a bombscare waiting to happen. If Zola can rough them up a bit leaving Pawlett/Wylde/Hayes/McGinn to run at them we can really get at them.

At the back, Id go for Shaughnessy, Reynolds, Hector/Rusty, Robertson

Hopefully the last two results will tempt people to come back again, a packed Pittodrie and a team with no fear is the recipe to beat these minks

I think this is the key. Players like Pawlett, Hayes, Wilde and McGinn when on song are very direct. If you start a game with 3 out of those 4 in your line up, there is little option but to attack. I hope Deek McInnes doesn't feel like he has to change things around for the game on Saturday. Smeltic are very beatable - especially at Pittodrie. Get the 3 points in the bag and be 6 clear of those minkers.

3 points would be great in this one. The convicting win against Motherwell will have really have the players a boost for the Celtic game on Saturday.

Is Considine available for this one? Hector looked poor against Motherwell and I am not very confident with having Anderson at the back against Celtic (if he is even fit to play).

Robson OUT

Anderson & Considine doubtful

Not overly keen on re-instating Robertson but I would rather put Reynolds back in at centre half for this one. Celtic provide a different prospect to John Sutton.

Langfield

Shaunnessey Anderson Reynolds Robertson

Pawlett Jack Flood Hayes

McGinn Zola

subs: Weaver, Hector, Considine, Storie, Wylde, Magennis, Vernon

Shortage at back could be well exposed if Anderson is out and Considine not ready. The obvious switch would be shaughnessy in middle with Reynolds and Jack into RB but Robson is also out. Could be Magennis asked to do job there again.

Assuming no further injuries, it will just be the back line that finished yesterday, no?