I think to be fair to Stockley you cant compare him to Zola or Vernon.

Although both Zola & Vernon were tall, neither were actually very good in the air. Vernon wasn't very good at holding the ball up either but was an ok finisher, Zola was able to hold off defenders but that was about all he could do.

Stockley has already proven to be strong in the air & a good header of the ball, and I think if you provide quality balls into the box for him to attack he will get his head on them and score goals. The problem for him is that quality of balls coming into him have been poor. Our crossing and set piece deliveries into the box are generally quite poor. Far too often they either don't beat the first man, are way overhit and reach the otherside of the box or alternatively are slow looping deliveries which allow defenders to get their bodies in the way and stop strikers attacking them. We need to vastly improve the delivery of balls into the box.

Stockley isn't going to be a superstar but if we play to his strengths and provide the right service he can definitely be an asset to us.

One of the most comfortable, "uncomfortable" nights in the end I think. Never looked like conceding again but it only takes one chance, I suppose.

O'Connor again was a rock at the heart of the defence and we actually played some decent stuff at times.

You're never going to get it all your own way in a cup tie at the end of the day but we dealt with it fine when all's said and done.

Bring on St Johnstone - again!

And the semi will be held at a neutral Ibrox after hampden is inexplicably ruled out for a concert

Off topic, but never, ever, ever, go to a concert there unless you can get standing, down at the front. Went to "see" Springsteen there a couple of years back and was in the stand, at the side of the stage. Was so far away, I couldn't see him due to the curvature of the fucking planet.

Stupid bar system too. Queue for a token, then queue for an expensive beer. £70 ticket. £25 for a t-shirt.

Avoiding this experience again? Priceless.

Carry on talking aboot the football now.

I didn't really want to say 'albino Calvin Zola' after the game at McDiarmid on Sunday, but.... well, you get the gist.

Well.... its not been a great start for the laddy. Like Zola, he's got all the right attributes but hasn't yet been able to prove he's any use.

Let's wait and see but early signs have been worrying.

Off topic, but never, ever, ever, go to a concert there unless you can get standing, down at the front. Went to "see" Springsteen there a couple of years back and was in the stand, at the side of the stage. Was so far away, I couldn't see him due to the curvature of the fucking planet.

Stupid bar system too. Queue for a token, then queue for an expensive beer. £70 ticket. £25 for a t-shirt.

Avoiding this experience again? Priceless.

Carry on talking aboot the football now.

Boss rulez.

Well.... its not been a great start for the laddy. Like Zola, he's got all the right attributes but hasn't yet been able to prove he's any use.

Let's wait and see but early signs have been worrying.

Did zola have all the right attributes? I was amazed he was a professional footballer at all. That oil rig off Lewis is more mobile than he ever was.

Was talking to a pal last night who was the on site doctor for the Ayr game. He said he was outside the changing rooms post match and heard Logan going into ours absolutely raging. Am paraphrasing a wee bit but he said he shouted something along the lines of "just bloody stick it in the net".

Glad to see it is not just us fans who bemoan our poor finishing.

For what it's worth I enjoyed the game, well first hour at least and thought burns played well, his run and piledriver off the bar first half was deserving of a goal.