#31 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,392 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

Fucking hell, a very good post. You're maybe improving.

Lets test the water.

Women have no place in football and the SLO is the biggest waste of a wage since the GWT.

#32 OFFLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

Fucking hell, a very good post. You're maybe improving.

Get out my arse.

#33 OFFLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

Lets test the water.

Women have no place in football and the SLO is the biggest waste of a wage since the GWT.

First one is just daft.

Second one is fair and your opinion.

Water is warm, come on in.

#34 OFFLINE   Mr John

Mr John

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 21-July 13

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

Triggered.
Ignore the worms Consi.
xxx

"mostly"

#35 OFFLINE   cruzcampo3

cruzcampo3

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • Joined 03-December 14

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:36 PM

In
0-2

Team clapped off at the end

Ally Begg and The 2014 fans are killing this club

#36 OFFLINE   the shepherd

the shepherd

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Joined 20-January 08

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:54 PM

Tell Jackie mcnamara he's a cunt

Who's he?🤔

#37 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,728 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

Tuesday - Wilson returns to full training
Thursday or Friday - DM "James has had a good week and can't wait to get going'
Saturday 1.50pm - Nae sign of Wilson

COYR!

#38 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,608 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

Pivni and Trembling Madness recommended

Noted, Cheers @V for Vendetta

#39 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

Tuesday - Mcginn in full training
Thursday or Friday - DM "Niall is on absolute fire and can't wait to get going'
Saturday 1.50pm - McGinn monsters the warmup, getting at least half the RDS warm up shots to go in clearly setting him apart from his teammates
Saturday 3.02. Nae sign of Mcginn

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal, 18 September 2018 - 07:35 PM.

#40 OFFLINE   C'monEweReds

C'monEweReds

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 23-January 18

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:13 AM

Can feel a win coming this weekend. Much needed...

Important for both the players and the fans that we get a home win under our belt. Hibs and celtic next up after Saturday 2 tough games that we really need the confidence going in to. 

#41 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe

Gleeson Shinnie

GMS      Ferguson    McGinn

May

Likely be above but hope I'm wrong though.

Likely be brutal viewing with the outcome being a draw or a single goal victory either way.

3 goals or less is a nap.

#42 OFFLINE   Rostov-on-Don

Rostov-on-Don

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 24-June 18

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

Just gonna pick you as you're the last person to comment re Stevie May.

What is it you expect of him? We all unanimously agreed that last season our wingers blew hot and cold, thus starving our strikers of service.

This season it's obvious as anything we're lacking a good creative no.10, our midfield is filled with industry rather than creativity.

Stevie May is a clever player, he generally makes excellent runs and his movement is superb. He needs someone close to him to find him, or someone right up there with him, with the ability to link up. The only game where I can say (this season) the football was absolutely excellent was against St.Mirren. Absolutely no surprise that he got on the scoresheet that day as his movement and runs in behind were superb. It suited the way we played that day.

The rest of the time you've got a 5'10 centre forward dealing with long diagonals aimed for his neck. Generally we have an eye bleeding brand of football, it doesn't suit the way May plays.

It's not like he's missing glaring opportunities, he's having to dig things out his feet constantly as the service is absolutely brutal.

How does Anderson come on for 20 minutes, always look dangerous, create real chances and get shots in?

May is pants and totally crocked. I can't remember a single run of the type you're talking about except against St Mirren who were the worst organised team I've seen at Pittodrie since Daugava Riga who threw the game. I can remember countless times he's 5 yards behind where he should be anticipating it to land, where Rooney used to be before he became fat and old.

#43 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 14,759 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

In. IF we don't win this one then the loon isn't getting back.

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

#44 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hope yer loon is Stevie May or Coscrove or Forrester.

#45 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 14,759 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:39 AM

Hope yer loon is Stevie May or Coscrove or Forrester.

Hahaha. I'm nae that old you cunt  :thumbup1:

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

#46 OFFLINE   DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 06-January 07

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 I'd go with the following 11:

Lewis

Ball Ferguson

Mackay-Steven McGinn Shinnie

Anderson

I'm presuming Devlin is available, Ferguson is fit (?), and I think Ball gives us a bit more dig in midfield.  Anderson up front supported by McGinn, with Shinnie on the left to shake things up a bit.  Really got to be looking to win this one.

Edited by DandyWarhol, 19 September 2018 - 09:56 AM.

#47 ONLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,535 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

They had their fun last year the weegie fucks; nowt more than Jazza Wilsons sex toy this year.

18-0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 14 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £75.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#48 OFFLINE   CityCentre

CityCentre

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 17-July 18

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 I'd go with the following 11:

Lewis

Ball Ferguson

Mackay-Steven McGinn Shinnie

Anderson

I'm presuming Devlin is available, Ferguson is fit (?), and I think Ball gives us a bit more dig in midfield.  Anderson up front supported by McGinn, with Shinnie on the left to shake things up a bit.  Really got to be looking to win this one.

Dominic Ball - pls no.

#49 OFFLINE   Krasny

Krasny

S-Form

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 24-July 18

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:38 AM

What is it you expect of him? We all unanimously agreed that last season our wingers blew hot and cold, thus starving our strikers of service.

This season it's obvious as anything we're lacking a good creative no.10, our midfield is filled with industry rather than creativity.

Stevie May is a clever player, he generally makes excellent runs and his movement is superb. He needs someone close to him to find him, or someone right up there with him, with the ability to link up. The only game where I can say (this season) the football was absolutely excellent was against St.Mirren. Absolutely no surprise that he got on the scoresheet that day as his movement and runs in behind were superb. It suited the way we played that day.

The rest of the time you've got a 5'10 centre forward dealing with long diagonals aimed for his neck. Generally we have an eye bleeding brand of football, it doesn't suit the way May plays.

It's not like he's missing glaring opportunities, he's having to dig things out his feet constantly as the service is absolutely brutal.

This, I agree with.

#50 OFFLINE   Andy_123

Andy_123

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Joined 24-July 14

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

How does Anderson come on for 20 minutes, always look dangerous, create real chances and get shots in?

May is pants and totally crocked. I can't remember a single run of the type you're talking about except against St Mirren who were the worst organised team I've seen at Pittodrie since Daugava Riga who threw the game. I can remember countless times he's 5 yards behind where he should be anticipating it to land, where Rooney used to be before he became fat and old.

I remember one, can't remember who it was against though.

Made a move off the left of the defender, inside the box, the ball was slipped through to him and he just about put his shot out for a throw it was so wide. 

I agree us pumping high balls into him won;t be helping, but even when the ball is at his feet he usually does nothing with it. He doesn't have the pace he used to and his first touch is only slightly better than Rooney's. 

Anderson should really be getting a run of games up top. May's had more than a season to show us what he can do which he has...very little.

#51 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:21 PM

IF that means they won't. So they will all be Mcinnes and company included. Will all be in the LOONY BIN

#52 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,929 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

IF that means they won't. So they will all be Mcinnes and company included. Will all be in the LOONY BIN

I’m not sure you are ever out of the loony bin. Do they give you wi fi access for 15 minutes a day so you can post some incoherent pish on here as part of your treatment or something

#53 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

Ferguson oot again (disappointing)..

Wright and Ross also missing.

Reynolds, Hoban and Tansey obviously out long term.

Devlin back from suspension.

Wilson fit (apparently), May and Forrester fit (unfortunately).

#54 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:07 PM

In. Stevie May needs heckling.

#55 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

May needs to hit the pine.

#56 OFFLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

Anderson has spent most of his time on the pitch in the last 15 mins of games we aren't winning yet, and are going hell for leather. May is starting games and getting absolutely no chances, best example of this was against hibs. He lead the line as well as he could've, but all he was getting were punts down the channel or into his neck. The one time the midfield tried to link with him he layed on a cute ball for Ferguson who was denied a stonewall pen. He then spent the rest of the game on the half way line trying to get ahold of rushed clearances as we attempted 'game management.' I agree he could be doing better, but I don't agree with making a striker who gets no service a scapegoat.

#57 OFFLINE   GDON21

GDON21

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

Why not just play May & Anderson together upfront. May has looked sharper this season than last but he has been starved of any real support in behind him. Every time the ball goes up to him there is not a player within 25 yards of him. He is a not a lone striker and neither is Anderson so to get the best out of both play them together until Wilson gets fit (if he's even any good).

#58 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

Don’t have an issue trying that.

Really depends what he sees as his strongest defence. Surely

Logan - Devlin - McKenna - Lowe

Then, does he trust them enough not to fuck about with a pretendy midfielder who’s really a centre half Hoban (inj) Consi and Ball springing to mind.

So if we can trust a back 4 and get a settled 2 in front (2 of Shinnie, Gleason and Ferguson so injury sorts tomorrow) then McGinn and GMS outside them then yes room for Anderson and May up top as long as we don’t simply punt aimless balls above their heads all day. That team is designed to turn them and run onto chances. Not seeing who’s going to play those passes.

Can’t help feel/ fear Deek will react to Motherwells physicality and just stick an extra CH in there, play May up top on his own and shout a lot.

#59 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 25,730 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

If May starts tomorrow the only game I’ll attend the rest of the season is the Proper Gent day away to Livi. (Cup finals not included in that little protest)

They can also take a flying fuck to getting one bean out of me from the club shop.

Edit. Realistically I won’t make the Livi away game either but I’ll travel down for it.

Edited by The Boofon, 21 September 2018 - 12:10 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,192 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:24 PM

Good post but please conform to the standard Aberdeen fan binary system of player ratings - select either - 'he's good' or 'he's shit'.

It's almost as if the tactics the manager is selecting is stifling some of our team Last week against St Johnstone the plan seemed to be for GMS to win the game on his own. No support and our one man upfront was so isolated. Not sure what people expect. There's no doubt May has not reached anything like top form whilst here, but there is a player there. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users