#451 OFFLINE   Big Hat Logan

Big Hat Logan

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Joined 11-April 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

It's been touched on a few times above. The squad isn't that bad but the manager doesn't have the nous to get the most out of them. Surely some of the players have now stopped listening.

It's all relative but look at the guy at Chelsea. Didn't change much personnel wise, but tweaked things a bit and they're up near the top of the league having completely turned around the way they play and their attitude.

It can be done but if it isn't, then next week and the rest of the season doesn't look too flash.

McInnes couldn't complain he hasn't been given a fair go.

This sums up some of the utter shite posted by people on here, somehow drawing some sort of parallel between us and Chelsea 😂

Everyone went mental but calderwood was right, our supporters have unrealistic expectations. Posters complaining about us not making the group stages yet rangers did despite easier games and a bigger playing budget. This is somehow McInnes’s fault though.

The lack of ticket sales for the rangers semi is pathetic too, people not going because we might get beat. What a shit support.

#452 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,166 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

aye and you also backed the fucking oaf and the cancerous holiday camp regime he allowed to thrive.

Quite rightly backed him yeah

His results against the old firm were pretty good which is your biggest problem with mcinnes

Clown

#453 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,166 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

In some respects they got an easy draw, but they also got Maribor and knocked them out, something we failed to do despite clearly being the better team.

McInnes has had one extremely tough draw in Europe, Real Sociedad. All others, including Bunrley, were winnable. The last two seasons shite recruitment has been at the root of the problem.

Lol

You think we should have put Burnley out and that was a bad result?

#454 OFFLINE   Big Hat Logan

Big Hat Logan

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Joined 11-April 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

Lol

You think we should have put Burnley out and that was a bad result?

Some amount of shite on here but claiming we should have beaten Burnley is right up there.

#455 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,166 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

This sums up some of the utter shite posted by people on here, somehow drawing some sort of parallel between us and Chelsea 😂

Everyone went mental but calderwood was right, our supporters have unrealistic expectations. Posters complaining about us not making the group stages yet rangers did despite easier games and a bigger playing budget. This is somehow McInnes’s fault though.

The lack of ticket sales for the rangers semi is pathetic too, people not going because we might get beat. What a shit support.

Sorry, but that's a BOOM right there

People weren't happy with 3rd, 4th in a league with top strength old firm hearts hibs Dundee utd and fucking qualifying from the GROUP'S of UEFA cup so hounded jimmy out

Then we got the next few years that we did, symbolic, until mcinnes came

You're right, the fans expectations ARE unrealistic manly because they know fuck all about how football works

#456 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:04 AM

Clearly QOTS did though.

#457 ONLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,397 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

Jimmy and his top six trophies eh. What a man.

#458 OFFLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

Quite rightly backed him yeah

His results against the old firm were pretty good which is your biggest problem with mcinnes

Clown

He should have been sacked in the tunnel after Queens Park and QOTS.

#459 OFFLINE   Brochman

Brochman

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 09-January 16

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

the fans expectations ARE unrealistic manly because they know fuck all about how football works

Fitba works just like life. Everything has a beginning, a middle and an end. That's the only reality and McInnes is governed by the same iron rule. Everything else is just words.

#460 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

Sorry, but that's a BOOM right there
People weren't happy with 3rd, 4th in a league with top strength old firm hearts hibs Dundee utd and fucking qualifying from the GROUP'S of UEFA cup so hounded jimmy out
Then we got the next few years that we did, symbolic, until mcinnes came
You're right, the fans expectations ARE unrealistic manly because they know fuck all about how football works

It doesn't work with negative managers who can't get the best out of his players that's for sure.

#461 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

I don't think the lack of ticket sales is mostly down to fans thinking we will get beat. I think the whole LC SF debacle and lack of respect initially shown to Dons fans was the last straw for many after the bullshit Devlin and McKenna decisions whilst the likes of Morelos and McGregor get away with blatantly kicking players off the ball. We were never taking more than 14k tops for a LC SF.

But you're right our fans do have unrealistic expectations and no way is McInnes going to get sacked for a mediocre start to a season after finishing second 4 years running.

I think what is massively going against McInnes this season is that Hibs and Hearts both lost big players over the summer but seem to have improved overall and they always play in a positive manner against the old firm and have no fear of them. Their recruitment looks to have been very good. It's the opposite with us we seem to have regressed and are still playing negatively against them. Our effort against the huns on the opening day of the season was pathetic playing against ten men for so long. If Lennon's Hibs or Levein's Hearts sides were presented with the same opportunity at home against a ten man hun team for 80+ minutes you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have swarmed them and gone for the throat. We stood back virtually paralysed by fear and still let them dictate the whole game. Fans are right to ask why.

#462 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

Well having watched McInnes interview and taken stock, I would say that if anything positive can be taken from yesterday's game it surely is that lessons have been learned by both players and management.

As such, given that McKenna is back and we have a near full squad, I expect and demand the Dons to be at their best next Sunday!

There can be absolutely no excuses for not putting in a performance and getting to the final, given that yesterday should be a massive wake up call.

That said, I believe that the damage was done in the summer and we're fucked.

Hope to be proved wrong on Sunday.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 21 October 2018 - 09:21 AM.

Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#463 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,166 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

It doesn't work with negative managers who can't get the best out of his players that's for sure.

You don't think finishing behind no-one other than a team who have annual staff bills of over 50m is getting the best out of the players?

I do

#464 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

I don't think the lack of ticket sales is mostly down to fans thinking we will get beat. I think the whole LC SF debacle and lack of respect initially shown to Dons fans was the last straw for many after the bullshit Devlin and McKenna decisions whilst the likes of Morelos and McGregor get away with blatantly kicking players off the ball. We were never taking more than 14k tops for a LC SF.

But you're right our fans do have unrealistic expectations and no way is McInnes going to get sacked for a mediocre start to a season after finishing second 4 years running.

I think what is massively going against McInnes this season is that Hibs and Hearts both lost big players over the summer but seem to have improved overall and they always play in a positive manner against the old firm and have no fear of them. Their recruitment looks to have been very good. It's the opposite with us we seem to have regressed and are still playing negatively against them. Our effort against the huns on the opening day of the season was pathetic playing against ten men for so long. If Lennon's Hibs or Levein's Hearts sides were presented with the same opportunity at home against a ten man hun team for 80+ minutes you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have swarmed them and gone for the throat. We stood back virtually paralysed by fear and still let them dictate the whole game. Fans are right to ask why.

45 minutes against a side missing both of their first choice centre halves. Shots on goal? None.

#465 ONLINE   muttonhumper

muttonhumper

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,058 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

Well having watched McInnes interview and taken stock, I would say that if anything positive can be taken from yesterday's game it surely is that lessons have been learned by both players and management.

:laughing:

I shouldn't be laughing, but I think you need to lower your expectations Ern.

McInnes is way too stubborn and set in his ways to make the leap to learning lessons n' shit.

Awa n' tak a gnash o' mi bulb

#466 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:26 AM

You don't think finishing behind no-one other than a team who have annual staff bills of over 50m is getting the best out of the players?
I do

Not really no. You've got to set your sights high.

We have had chances in the last 3-4 year that had we been a bit more positive we could have won a couple of more trophies at least.
Even had a sniff of the league. The finest example ever is conquering Europe with a home grown team.
Living in the past yes, but it shows what can be done with real determination.

#467 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

:laughing:

I shouldn't be laughing, but I think you need to lower your expectations Ern.

McInnes is way too stubborn and set in his ways to make the leap to learning lessons n' shit.

Tricking myself into having hope for the next week.

Though I'm sure it will be cruelly shattered by 16.45pm next Sunday.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 21 October 2018 - 09:32 AM.

#468 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,166 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

Not really no. You've got to set your sights high.

We have had chances in the last 3-4 year that had we been a bit more positive we could have won a couple of more trophies at least.
Even had a sniff of the league. The finest example ever is conquering Europe with a home grown team.
Living in the past yes, but it shows what can be done with real determination.

Lol

#469 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Lol

Great reply millerman.

#470 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,833 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:20 AM

45 minutes against a side missing both of their first choice centre halves. Shots on goal? None.

Before the match, I was screaming this so loudly, you could have heard it from Australia!  This was the ideal opportunity for McInnes to scratch around in his underpants and locate those testicles.

As it were, their new centre halves had the easiest introduction to the SPFL they could have imagined!  Christophe Berra could have left his newspaper out for them!

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#471 OFFLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

I expect and demand the Dons to be at their best next Sunday

You should give Mcinnes a call so he knows what you demand.

#472 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

You should give Mcinnes a call so he knows what you demand.

What's his number?

#473 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Rumpus' love child.

• Members
  • 10,914 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:59 AM

He should have been sacked in the tunnel after Queens Park and QOTS.

How would that work ? Sack him after Q Park , reinstate him , then sack him again ?

limericks etc..,

#474 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,535 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:50 AM

Knowing Del (I don't) he'd probably play along the wee prick haha terrific

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 14 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £75.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#475 OFFLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

Knowing Del (I don't) he'd probably play along the wee prick haha terrific

How'd your treble go old man? I've been drunk for a couple days so can't remember.

#476 OFFLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

What's his number?

If I had it I'd be phoning him giving him abuse hourly.

#477 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,535 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

How'd your treble go old man? I've been drunk for a couple days so can't remember.

It went fucking shite son - a total disaster.

Fortunately its Red Ferever 86isis turn next week - so I wont be seen for a while, hopefully long enough to dilute the disdain people have for anything I have to say.

I will use the time to rest up, and come back all better.

Edited by Dad, 21 October 2018 - 01:29 PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 14 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £75.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#478 OFFLINE   PondHopper

PondHopper

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 08-September 18

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

My takeaway was sure aberdeen has not been treated well with calls and decisions, plus all the injuries have really hurt.
But that first goal from hearts came from a guy who couldnt cut it on the belgian NT and has made some appearances for Cameroon. Hearts casts a wider net.

Edited by PondHopper, 21 October 2018 - 05:36 PM.

<p>Vamos Cruz Azul, Aberdeen F.C., Millionarios F.C., Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C., Liverpool F.C., Sporting KC & Utah Jazz.

#479 OFFLINE   Yorston Vasey

Yorston Vasey

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Joined 11-June 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

My takeaway was sure aberdeen has not been treated well with calls and decisions, plus all the injuries have really hurt.
But that first goal from hearts came from a guy who couldnt cut it on the belgian NT and has made some appearances for Cameroon. Hearts casts a wider net.

Our goal came from a guy who had to be fished out a river with a net.
Court appointed guardian of AFC Chat

#480 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:47 PM

Thomson and Stewart on Sportscene pretty much echoing a lot of the views on this thread. I.e. Aberdeen should have used their 2nd half tactics from the start.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users