#1 OFFLINE   dj_bollocks

dj_bollocks

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

So DMc in the papers today saying that he's going to look at loan signings again which to me is short termist and a result of a terrible scouting policy but anyway...

If there's not the money there to buy players (and again AberDNA money notwithstanding) should he just not cash in on McKenna and have more than enough money to buy 5-8 of the best young players in Scotland, or a better wage structure to sign better players ? If, and I know it's a big if, the club were to get the, let's pull it out of our arses, magic figure of £5 million for McKenna that's surely more than enough to have a decent improvement to the squad to challenge for Europe and perm better domestically (as to whether it wins us anything domestically is another matter).

Buy Scotland's best young players and turn a profit when Engerlund come a calling...

So do you sell him and buy some better players or keep him and acquire loan signings that in the long term do nothing for us ?

#2 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,405 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

Solution: get better manager and or scouts.

#3 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Rumpus' love child.

• Members
  • 11,060 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

Nah, wed replace one good player with four or five Alan Tates.

limericks etc..,

#4 OFFLINE   HairyPie

HairyPie

Proper Gent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Sell him, one footed carthorse.

#5 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,114 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

Aye sell before his form slump hits :laughing:
I've moved to California

#6 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,757 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:57 PM

I think it would be a good idea to buy a first choice centre back knocking presumably Devlin on to the bench. Then if Devlin turns out to be as good as he was before then push the button on selling McKenna.

If Devlin turns out to be shit or injured your not stuck playing Reynolds for the whole season.

Foolproof plan.

COYR!

#7 OFFLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Celtic can do one. Problem dealing with them is we'll end up with 600k plus Christie and Hayes if we're lucky. With maybe Hendry on loan for a season on top.

#8 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,156 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Solution: get better manager and or scouts.

This but without the 'or'

Ding Dong

#9 OFFLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Pigeon from Hell

• Members
  • 13,657 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

We need to start signing aliens

TPFKATGLA 

#10 OFFLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

We need to start signing aliens

Willo Flood?

BfVfCOVIQAEaAWL.jpg

#11 ONLINE   The Buzzard

The Buzzard

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Joined 19-November 16

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

So DMc in the papers today saying that he's going to look at loan signings again which to me is short termist and a result of a terrible scouting policy but anyway...

If there's not the money there to buy players (and again AberDNA money notwithstanding) should he just not cash in on McKenna and have more than enough money to buy 5-8 of the best young players in Scotland, or a better wage structure to sign better players ? If, and I know it's a big if, the club were to get the, let's pull it out of our arses, magic figure of £5 million for McKenna that's surely more than enough to have a decent improvement to the squad to challenge for Europe and perm better domestically (as to whether it wins us anything domestically is another matter).

Buy Scotland's best young players and turn a profit when Engerlund come a calling...

So do you sell him and buy some better players or keep him and acquire loan signings that in the long term do nothing for us ?

Hes still young enough and under contract a good while yet that maybe this could be explored maybe this time next year. A full season under his belt of experience and more international games and that £5m might go upwards.

He seems like he real deal so lets expect another solid season coming up. Hopefully. 🤞

#12 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

In one season, he captained his team, got picked for Scotland, was voted Player of the Year and won Goal of the Season.

Dont let him leave. No dilemma.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 15 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £80.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#13 OFFLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

Willo Flood?

BfVfCOVIQAEaAWL.jpg

Luca Modric?

#14 OFFLINE   Ke1t

Ke1t

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,275 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

It's not a dilemma... we take the $10,000,000 we'll definitely, definitely get for McKenna, and sign a promising youngster using our world class scouting network. 

"The internet has made it clear just how many dumb cunts there are."

#15 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,156 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

Hes still young enough and under contract a good while yet that maybe this could be explored maybe this time next year. A full season under his belt of experience and more international games and that £5m might go upwards.
He seems like he real deal so lets expect another solid season coming up. Hopefully.

Plus two, or maybe even FOUR Europa games

Ding Dong

#16 OFFLINE   Scotty_Toronto

Scotty_Toronto

Cults Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

In one season, he captained his team, got picked for Scotland, captained his country, was voted Player of the Year and won Goal of the Season.

Dont let him leave. No dilemma.

Agreed.

Stock still very much on the rise.

#17 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,156 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

Milne selling McKenna on the cheap & McInnes being party to it (especially in any kind of deal involving Celtic) would most certainly be the final nails in their coffins at this club.
No way back from that.

Much as I would love to see the back of both of them, I hope it isn't at McKenna's (poor transfer business) expense

Talk of selling him for five mil & buying 5-8 of the best young talent in Scotland is just ridiculous.
For one thing, our clubs representatives couldn't be trusted with finding 5-8 of the best young talent in Scotland. Even if they were given first pick on ALL talent.

Ding Dong

#18 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:06 PM

Agreed.

Stock still very much on the rise.

Oh aye - capn of Scotland too. 2.5m....wtf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 15 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £80.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#19 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,156 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

Even if he was playing for Patick, Accies etc. his value shouldn't be under stated in the slightest, much as some seem hell bent on doing.
YPotY, PotY, GotS, four international caps, MOTM in one (playing the majority whilst numerous others had bit parts) & also captaining his country (friendly or not) against a massive country like Mexico in their final preparations for going to the World Cup & in front of massive crowds is a huge season for any player, let alone one in basically his breakthrough season.
Whilst other 'potential stars' such as Hendry that Celtic have signed are just also rans.

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 18 June 2018 - 09:11 PM.

Ding Dong

#20 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,738 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

It's not a dilemma... we take the $10,000,000 we'll definitely, definitely get for McKenna, and sign a promising youngster using our world class scouting network. 

If that happens, the puppets return. Deal?

#21 OFFLINE   Ke1t

Ke1t

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,275 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

If that happens, the puppets return. Deal?

Challenge accepted. 

If McKenna goes for anything like even $5m I'll crack the puppets oot. 

"The internet has made it clear just how many dumb cunts there are."

#22 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

Milne selling McKenna on the cheap & McInnes being party to it (especially in any kind of deal involving Celtic) would most certainly be the final nails in their coffins at this club.
No way back from that.

Milnes already gotten away with far worse than that

#23 ONLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:34 AM

If we sell McKenna for 2.5 million, this club are worse than I thought.

10 million, and I'm actually being serious.

'We'll never get 10 million for him'. Why can't we? In a world where players are going for 200 million, and average goalkeepers for 30 million, explain to me why we can't request 10 million?

SCENARIO:

Aston Villa sign him for 2 million, he has 2 incredible seasons with them, do you really think Aston Villa are going to say 'yeah he's 4 million now'. Are they fuck, they will be screaming for 25 million.

Absolute nonsense to even suggest we can't push for a figure of that magnitude. Loser mentality. Pay up, or fuck off. He's a cracking player, he'll make mistakes - every defender does - but he'll get better.

"Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be

But now is not the time to cry now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

#24 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

5 years left on his deal too.  We should be holding out for megabucks.  Not got much confidence in Milne though.  Probably hand him over to the tims for a million quid, Hayes on loan and a pat on the head from Desmond 

#25 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,545 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

'We'll never get 10 million for him'. Why can't we? In a world where players are going for 200 million, and average goalkeepers for 30 million, explain to me why we can't request 10 million?

SCENARIO:

Aston Villa sign him for 2 million, he has 2 incredible seasons with them, do you really think Aston Villa are going to say 'yeah he's 4 million now'. Are they fuck, they will be screaming for 25 million.

Absolute nonsense to even suggest we can't push for a figure of that magnitude. Loser mentality. Pay up, or fuck off. He's a cracking player, he'll make mistakes - every defender does - but he'll get better.

Completely agree.

In fact if he went to Villa and played 1 incredible season they'd probably sell him for £20M - never mind 2 seasons.

I keep going back to it, but in a world where Sone Aluko is worth 8m we need to really be clever about how we deal with offers for good young players.

#26 OFFLINE   S2RDS

S2RDS

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

I agree, we shouldn't be looking at anything less than £4-5m for him. He has plenty years left on his contract, had an incredible season, captained his country and has a decent football brain aboot him. He has all the attributes of a great defender, yet no doubt we will snap someones hand off at a measly £1.5m offer, because 'a club like Aberdeen cant turn down that sort of money'. I personally think there is no dilemma. Either sell him for big bucks or build your team around him, but one thing is for sure, we need to start signing some fucking players and soon.  

#27 OFFLINE   Daz the Don

Daz the Don

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined 07-February 16

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

SCENARIO:

Totally agree

#28 OFFLINE   Scotty_Toronto

Scotty_Toronto

Cults Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

Absolute nonsense to even suggest we can't push for a figure of that magnitude. Loser mentality. Pay up, or fuck off. He's a cracking player...

Absolutely.

#29 OFFLINE   Mr John

Mr John

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Joined 21-July 13

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

This whole fucking thread is cringe.  Please stop.

"mostly"

#30 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,219 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

5 years left on his deal too.  We should be holding out for megabucks.  Not got much confidence in Milne though.  Probably hand him over to the tims for a million quid, Hayes on loan and a pat on the head from Desmond 

How when did something like that last happen m10?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users