Aberdeen V Motherwell (1 - 0)

The scapegoats from the Hamilton match will be Considine, Taylor and Rooney. The many hoping for it to be Langfield will be disappointed. Back to the 4-2-3-1 that served us well last season.

Langfield

Logan Anderson Reynolds Hayes

Jack Flood

Robson Pawlett McGinn

Goodwillie

subs: Brown, Taylor, Considine, Low, Smith, Monakana, Rooney

Prediction: 2-0 McGinn x 2

Crowd: 10,500

DJB

Who's the three in the 4-2-3-1? Pawlett, McGinn and...

Or are you leaving consi in and pushing Hayes forwards almost going 3 -5-1?

Begrudgingly… If it were possible something like this… But I dunno, Hayes at LB instead ? Much of a muchness really, be nice to see what Monakana's got for an hour + so maybe stick him at LW and Hayes at LB instead… Meh… Motherwell are shit, give the peripheral players a chance in a familiar formation...

Brown

Logan - Anderson - Reynolds - Hayes

Jack - Flood

Monakana - Pawlett - McGinn

Rooney

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/376100/aberdeen-fc-derek-mcinnes-go-back-basics/?

Looks as though we'll be reverting back to our previous tactic of 4-5-1. I'm happy with that. I genuinely believe the Hamilton result will turn out to be a positive for Aberdeen and the turnig point for us.

2-0 Aberdeen - McGinn and Goodwillie

Attendance: 11,500

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/376100/aberdeen-fc-derek-mcinnes-go-back-basics/?

Looks as though we'll be reverting back to our previous tactic of 4-5-1. I'm happy with that. I genuinely believe the Hamilton result will turn out to be a positive for Aberdeen and the turnig point for us.

2-0 Aberdeen - McGinn and Goodwillie

Attendance: 11,500

Limits our options upfront if we go back to one up top. You have to start with Rooney, as Goodwillie cannot play without a partner.

I'd be extremely disappointed if this is the game that we revert to a 4-2-3-1 in, considering how poor Well are at the moment.

The time to shift back to the formation that served us so well last season is a week on Wednesday. It's the only shape I can think of that we're comfortable with that will likely halt the pace and pressing of Accies.

But Well's defence looks rotten. We should be going for it like in recent games at Pittodrie. Stick to the 4-4-2 and we should be winning this one easily.

Langfield (would rather Brown, but that's not going to happen)

Logan, Anderson (if fit, hopefully), Reynolds, Hayes

McGinn, Flood, Jack, Pawlett

Goodwiliie, Rooney