Out Of Contract

• Admin
2 minutes ago, mike1234 said:

Harsh on Hoban. He’s the best defender we have; a proper quality player. Hope he manages to stay fit and get a food run of games ??

I mean it's kinda the point of the Dartboard.

You throw a bunch of darts at a target and eventually you'll get one that comes good. Lots of bloody darts though.

• Upvote 1

January 2021

Tommie Hoban

Ryan Edmondson - on loan from Leeds United

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Andrew Considine*

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen - on loan to Arbroath

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Scott McKenna

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

• Upvote 1

One scratched off the 2021 list. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more are moved on this month, and a couple get contract extensions to reduce the May 2021 list down a bit.

Over the last 2-3 years the club having been trying hard to put a stop to 5-10 players be out of contract with a month of the season to go.

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Shay signed a 1 year extension which would take him up to 34.

It makes sense for him to stay as he is still contributing, settled in aberdeen and even started his plumbing business.

Can we justify having Logan, Hernandez and McCrorie who are all senior players who can play at right back?

McGeouch has also played at right back for Hibs. McInnes was claiming the other day Hoban can play full back. Virtanen still on the books too.

Whatever happens I think they'll probably hold off until March-April time to look at our options on Logan and Considine.

Aye I expect the only extended contract(s) that we will see before Feb/March would be Hoban as an absolute priority and possibly Watkins and/or Edmondson loan extensions if Cosgrove is sold in January. 

Everyone else whose contract runs out next summer is a) essentially on trial to win a contract extension and b) absolutely replaceable. I'd be surprised if more than 3 or 4 actually do get extensions, one of whom I expect to be Considine.