Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Adults who take children under the age of 2 on planes.

There are a few exceptions but just for a fucking holiday is ridiculous.

Selfish cunts!

The comment only a total arsehole can make.

Here's more proof of the arseholeness of modern society. I never seen the postman over Xmas but saw him today and gave him a note. He's good cunt, normally see him at Pittodrie whenever I'm in the Main stand.

We got talking and I asked him what percentage of people give the posties a tip at this time of year. He reckoned 40% in my village but said the new houses not too far away, zero, zilch, nada and overall, it's "less than 20%, maybe 10%". "The young people don't" he said.

I remember from doing papers that less than half gave a tip and my kids when they did papers said the same.

The reason why this arsehole wouldn't even think of tipping the postman - who comes every day in all weathers - is because the world revolves around him. Just like it's intolerable that kids should fly, the postie is there just to serve him and his world of entitlement. Fucking mean-spirited sick fuck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Adults who take children under the age of 2 on planes.

There are a few exceptions but just for a fucking holiday is ridiculous.

Selfish cunts!

Crap. Had our 1 year old on away last year no issues with him happly sat and played with his toys and slept most the time in the air.

Better than a drunk up stag or Hen party dressed up in stupid t shirts on the flight

• Upvote 2

Here's more proof of the arseholeness of modern society. I never seen did not see the postman over Xmas but saw him today and gave him a note. He's good cunt, normally see him at Pittodrie whenever I'm in the Main stand.

We got talking and I asked him what percentage of people give the posties a tip at this time of year. He reckoned 40% in my village but said the new houses not too far away, zero, zilch, nada and overall, it's "less than 20%, maybe 10%". "The young people don't" he said.

I remember from doing papers that less than half gave a tip and my kids when they did papers said the same.

The reason why this arsehole wouldn't even think of tipping the postman - who comes every day in all weathers - is because the world revolves around him. Just like it's intolerable that kids should fly, the postie is there just to serve him and his world of entitlement. Fucking mean-spirited sick fuck.

• Upvote 1

Here's more proof of the arseholeness of modern society. I never seen did not see the postman over Xmas but saw him today and gave him a note. He's good cunt, normally see him at Pittodrie whenever I'm in the Main stand.

Pedantry, another bane of the thinking classes. Another reason this site is busier by fools.

Coming from a guy that’s posted over 9% of all posts today.

And less than 1% in the month ahead. I had some naysayers to respond to. Even the only lol thread this year got deleted. Waste of fucking time.

A lot of folk feel awkward about tipping so avoid it altogether. I must admit I didn't tip our postie but I never really see them, used to tip the binmen back in the day but it's different crews for the different bins nowadays so it'd cost a fortune. When I worked behind the bar you'd get people really awkwardly giving you a pound, it was all welcome but a simple 'take one for yourself' is always the way to go.

^ the exact opposite is true Cavey. Friendly, generous and caring people. You clearly have a massive chip on your shoulder, as you are free to, because one or more Dundonians have done you a disservice but you are massively wrong about the folk in general.

The most loyal customers I ever had, Dundonians. Good people but they take a long time to know and trust you. Yes they can be roch as fuck but Dundee gets a bad press and has the best hotel in Scotland, I kid you not. And a city council 50 times more progressive than our shit.

Only idiots generalise and yes I'm an idiot too. But my slag at BoD, although born from absolute distaste was only aimed at a weak-as-piss comment to a poster who didn't have to read the thread anyway, which then flushed out a poster who's so sad he takes pride in being BoD and wants to fight over it. If he's anti-Dundee as well then he's a fucking idiot too, like many of us are.

Would it be risking the truce if I said its because Dundonians are miserable bastards

100% true.

I spend New Year's Day running around Dundee (and as far as Fife) and not one single bastard said hello.

Wouldn't have that in Aberdream, the happiest, friendliest running community who have ever lived.*

*JSH can go fuck themselves.

What's the point? It's embarrassing for the tipper and the tippee.

Wrong. How can you NOT tip good service after a good meal?

I didn't like the standard 12.5% add-on in London though. That's about the average I tip anyway but I gave 50% once to the best Italian meal we ever had (La Famiglia just off the Kings Road) and would not have if they had the cheek to add 12.5% like so many do.

The only time I don't tip if is the meal and/or service was shite.

Lotta love for Dundee today. Good stuff lads.

Which I started, truthfully, as always :happy:

Can you guess which hotel in Dundee I reckon is the best in Scotland?

What's the point? It's embarrassing for the tipper and the tippee.

Going to disagree there.

Tipping is important when you're receiving a service from someone who is probably working for pish wages. If there weren't tips supplementing the derisory income they get from their employers then they'd struggle even more than they already do. If we can afford to order delivery food, go to restaurants, or any other activity where you have someone providing a service then it behooves us to go the extra mile and factor in at the very least a decent tip for the person cleaning up our shit, figuratively speaking.

It's arguable that the employers themselves should be paying a living wage, but the reality is that they don't... so it's contingent upon the people who demand the service to step up and open their wallets.

Taypark? On the Perth Road.

Don't know that one.

The Malmaison was fairly new when I first stayed there and I was gobsmacked by the quality of the joint. Beautiful old building, superb room - have a bath in the bedroom overlooking the silvery Tay - great facilities, excellent food and bevvy and very good staff and service. For value for money, best hotel I've ever been to. Been back since, slightly soured by the traffic polis type cunts who gave me a ticket for nothing right outside the hotel.

Yet I despise Malmaison Aberdeen.