Was a shocker of an error from him today and did have a few moments he dropped the ball but it was horrendously windy today and even the County keeper struggled in 2nd half at that side of the pitch. As been said tho still our best keeper in years and a likeable guy and clearly cares about the club in the short time he's been here so definitely cutting him some slack

Was a shocker of an error from him today and did have a few moments he dropped the ball but it was horrendously windy today and even the County keeper struggled in 2nd half at that side of the pitch. As been said tho still our best keeper in years and a likeable guy and clearly cares about the club in the short time he's been here so definitely cutting him some slack

Aye, he fucked up and he knows it but it doesn't really seem to phase him. Just gets on with the job.

Howlers at fir park may or may not have cost us a semi spot but never really ever cost us any league points.

Aye, he has been a fantastic signing for us and can be afforded some slack. To be fair the wind was blustery today which may have deceived him. He got on with the game and had a good save at someones feet not long after.

Maybe a couple howlers will deter any potential buyers?

• 2 months later...

Any news on how long big Joe he will be out for? I guess we will now see how good Danny Rogers is. Been a long wait for him to make his claim for No:1.

Rogers isn't good enough...if Lewis is going to be out for any length of time we will need to sign a keeper on loan...the fat lad that kept goal for Hibs in the cup final would be my choice.

Aye I think it could be a bit of a blessing. Hopefully Rogers has a good run because Joe has needed a boot up the arse for a while. No where near the same standard as last season.

Haha. We agree on something. I personally feel his mentality in big games is somewhat questionable. 90th min of SC final to get beaten at your near post is brutal. Beaten at his near post in the League Cup final as well by Forrest. Motherwell in the cup (huge game for us) and we all know what happened there. Seems to panic on the big occasion- probably explains why he's up here rather than plying his trade for an English team. On his day he's the best goalie I've seen at Pittodrie and a joy to watch. Saves us many points in a season, but these are just points, what we want are trophies, bragging rights etc. Hopefully (if Joe is out for a while) Rogers can push on and be a serious contender for the jersey.

He's not playing well and is subject to criticism the same as any other player. Do you think he's been as good as last season?

He has been playing well, he makes important saves every game and has high standards. He has had a couple high profile mistakes but hes the best goalkeeper we have. Hes not suddenly going to be a better player by missing a few games, champ.

As for your good as last season question, he obviously hasnt. Neither has Shinnie, would you want him out the team as well?