Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Good signing as I feared he might run down his contract or hold us to ransom to sign on.

Best keeper in years so happy days. Not sure what Rogers will make of that?

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a release clause in such a long deal.

I think we should try and loan out Rodgers to a Premier team this season, give him more experience.

If Lewis has another great season I can see a lot of teams looking at him, at least we would have a decent replacement in Rodgers who should be ready to be No. 1 in a season or so and hopefully by then we get quite a bit of cash from a transfer fee too.

• 2 months later...

Kris Commons :

“There were whispers around Celtic Park that we were actually looking at him last season.

He’d certainly acquired the attention of our scouts and the people in at Celtic".

When he goes, let's hope it is down south.

No other club in Scotland could afford the transfer fee apart from Celtic.

:happy:

• 5 weeks later...

I guess what we really need is at least two clubs to want him so we can get what he's actually worth.

Would rather he stayed instead of 3/4m as even with McInnes' track record of unearthing gems, think he would be extremely tough to replace. Even under McInnes goalkeeper has been a problem position for us until Joe came along. 8-10m and we can talk.

Lol

Got to love football fans

Gordon was 20

Forster consistently did it in champions league

4m

Gordon may have been younger but the financial situation in English football is very different to 10 years ago. And have a look at what 10m actually buys you in England now. Worse players than Joe, I imagine you'd agree? Maybe not. I don't really know what difference age plays anyway as Joe could sign a 4 year contract at a Villa and he's still plenty young enough that Villa would get his best years out of him.

Maybe I am getting over excited to say 8/10m but I don't see why we should whip off our panties at the any offer either just because it's seven figures and we're not used to it.