Scott Mckenna

Ignoring the fact this is in the Sun for a moment...

Doesn't sound like a good move for the lad, hull aren't far off the relegation spots in the ECL and there's plenty for him to learn with us yet.

For the club, we should only consider a really big money offer, nothing less. If we get that, with add ons we take it and sign another couple of promising young players with the money.

Of course we'd need really good scouting to become that sort of buy young and sell on club, not sure we really have it.

More money and Aberdeen is; in quite a lot of places; also a shithole.

Not sure that Aberdeen was included in Trump's reference this week but a shithole or not a shithole, that is the question.

Maybe I'm biased but I can't see how the city can be described as such. It's been run down for sure. We have the worst set of cooncillors we've ever had, the parks and gardens are tired and have been badly neglected, there are more beggars on the streets than we've ever had but on the redemption front we've got... well, nothing really. Even the new builds in the city are shite... apart from Union Square which even though I don't like it (because there's always lots of people there), it does a job.

Yeah Aberdeen has become a shithole. It's been allowed to be by gross mismanagement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Not sure that Aberdeen was included in Trump's reference this week but a shithole or not a shithole, that is the question.

Maybe I'm biased but I can't see how the city can be described as such. It's been run down for sure. We have the worst set of cooncillors we've ever had, the parks and gardens are tired and have been badly neglected, there are more beggars on the streets than we've ever had but on the redemption front we've got... well, nothing really. Even the new builds in the city are shite... apart from Union Square which even though I don't like it (because there's always lots of people there), it does a job.

Yeah Aberdeen has become a shithole. It's been allowed to be by gross mismanagement.

+1 R_S

If there is any truth in this, the thing that irritates me is that it only took a championship club 15 games to come to the conclusion that the lad has what it takes. We have had the lad on our books for 4 years and he only broke into the first team because McInnes had finally run out of patience with the more experienced defenders in the squad. Whilst I accept that we may have to cash in on our assets at some stage, we surely need to be identifying our young talent earlier and getting them in the first team so we get some benefit on the pitch as well as a transfer fee off it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If there is any truth in this, the thing that irritates me is that it only took a championship club 15 games to come to the conclusion that the lad has what it takes. We have had the lad on our books for 4 years and he only broke into the first team because McInnes had finally run out of patience with the more experienced defenders in the squad. Whilst I accept that we may have to cash in on our assets at some stage, we surely need to be identifying our young talent earlier and getting them in the first team so we get some benefit on the pitch as well as a transfer fee off it.

To be fair hes only 21. It's not as if he's 26 and McInnes had been ignoring him since the age of 22.

Plus he did struggle on loan.

Or possibly he came into the team at about the perfect time?

• Upvote 2

To be fair hes only 21. It's not as if he's 26 and McInnes had been ignoring him since the age of 22.

Plus he did struggle on loan.

If you are good enough you are old enough. Willie Miller was a first team regular at 18. Sevco, Hibs and Hearts have all fielded younger players this season. It's not as though we have been blessed with great central defenders in recent years either that have slowed up his progression. Accept that he had a poor loan spell, but often the art of top management is spotting and developing a talent that others cannot see.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Or possibly he came into the team at about the perfect time?

Why would you do that?

Old sheep was bang on. Anyone who's been watching and who understands football can see that McInnes is, like all humans, flawed. It's not the fact that he bottles big games that is his biggest weakness, not his insane tombola selections, nor even that he's signed total shite that were completely obvious total shite. It's not that he plays people not in their best positions nor is it that he's too loyal to others who need a big kick up the arse.

His biggest failing is that he doesn't promote youth.

This comes from the same conservative outlook personality defect which results in his repeated arse collapses. He's not a risk taker. He's a coward, a small man with a small heart. McKenna fell into his team by accident whereas he should have been tried and tested long before the Motherwell game in the second half of 2017.

Why would you do that?

Old sheep was bang on. Anyone who's been watching and who understands football can see that McInnes is, like all humans, flawed. It's not the fact that he bottles big games that is his biggest weakness, not his insane tombola selections, nor even that he's signed total shite that were completely obvious total shite. It's not that he plays people not in their best positions nor is it that he's too loyal to others who need a big kick up the arse.

His biggest failing is that he doesn't promote youth.

This comes from the same conservative outlook personality defect which results in his repeated arse collapses. He's not a risk taker. He's a coward, a small man with a small heart. McKenna fell into his team by accident whereas he should have been tried and tested long before the Motherwell game in the second half of 2017.

Care to point out a single youth McInnes has overlooked who went on to prove him wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Care to point out a single youth McInnes has overlooked who went on to prove him wrong?

Your question reveals the fact that you've never managed men.

A good manager develops potential. A bad one kills it.

McInnes is not a winner. His career record will prove this. There are winners and losers in life. McInnes is a charlatan who's ability to get 70% out of his teams gives the impression of adequacy but masks his true nature. We have some great potential at AFC right now. They're not shining because McInnes can't make them shine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Your question reveals the fact that you've never managed men.

A good manager develops potential. A bad one kills it.

McInnes is not a winner. His career record will prove this. There are winners and losers in life. McInnes is a charlatan who's ability to get 70% out of his teams gives the impression of adequacy but masks his true nature. We have some great potential at AFC right now. They're not shining because McInnes can't make them shine.

Again, Care to point out a single youth McInnes has overlooked who went on to prove him wrong?

Not going anywhere unless its an astronomical fee. Typical paper talk pish. End of story. McInnes doesnt use youth enough, however, our youth players arent that good it seems.

Guest milne_afc

Not going anywhere unless its an astronomical fee. Typical paper talk pish. End of story. McInnes doesnt use youth enough, however, our youth players arent that good it seems.

Too many lifers at the club, who happen to be involved with the youth.

Again, Care to point out a single youth McInnes has overlooked who went on to prove him wrong?

Your question reveals a complete lack of understanding. You're looking at this the wrong way. A failure to promote youth isn't going to be proved or validated by the talents he failed to develop shining elsewhere. He's only been here 4 years anyway. If you don't understand the function of management - and how could you? - just shut the fuck up and listen.

• Downvote 1

No he wouldn't

The manager would

The manager obviously didn't think he was ready, hence the loan deal and him coming into the team after he had exhausted all other options. We'll never know if he should have been given his opportunity earlier, but my point is that sometimes you need to throw youth players in early to see if they have what it takes. McInnes has always been reluctant to do so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1