Brian Irvine

Guest redbrigade

FFS. He's stacking shelves in Markies in Inverness. Surely there must be a coaching job out there for him somewhere!?

I'm a bit skeptical as to how much truth there is in this. Sure he wasn't just picking up cans of soup like yer normal shopper? Either way, I grew up watching Brian Irvine. Played for the jersey like others have already said. Hope he's doing alright in life. Personally I'd give Mckimmies column to him!

Guest LondonScottish
You've got to admire him really. Obviously needed a few quid so he got out there and starting working for it, I wouldn't expect anything less from a character like Brian.

0,,10301~3151505,00.jpg

Love this picture, Bursting with pride. :laughing:

Can't say that about many of those jokers in our squad these days unfortunately.

I was speaking to him in dnipro and he mentioned he is not coaching at the moment. If there is one club that should offer him a job its the dons. We own him for his service he gave to the club and if he is a decent coach then we should get him with the youths imho. Still if the job is to get away from the hoose then fair play to him.

Guest redbrigade
he was on the radio today. this thread smells of sh*te, as does the" Anyone else hear mcleish has quit???" thread - despite the fact he was on the news boarding a plane to SA with Gordon Smith.

Yes, I definitely smell sh*te.

He's working 3 shifts in M&S in Inverness, I guarantee you.

AFC don't owe him anything imo, they paid him as a professional footballer and he offered 100% committment, it was much appreciated but the game goes on. Loved him as a player and sat through his absymal testimonial to pay tribute to the man.

If he's a better coach than what we already have then get him in but we don't owe him a job and I am sure with his character he would never expect it either.

How is he getting on in general health wise anyway does anyone know?

AFC don't owe him anything imo, they paid him as a professional footballer and he offered 100% committment, it was much appreciated but the game goes on. Loved him as a player and sat through his absymal testimonial to pay tribute to the man.

If he's a better coach than what we already have then get him in but we don't owe him a job and I am sure with his character he would never expect it either.

How is he getting on in general health wise anyway does anyone know?

Agree but someone like Irvine would be perfect for our community coaching. Guy is great with people and has utmost respect of almost everyone.