Wasp nest

noelsbeard

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fit an anti-climax! I had a few largers to get myself in the mood for tackling these wee f*ckers, and not a single een had the courtesy to put up a fight (I was hoping for hero like battles with swarms of wasps). Although I had visions of the stuff I bought be'in like the gap filler reccomended it wisnae. It didn't go solid, although it was f*cking effective after the foam had melted away I was left with a sh*te load of wasp carcuses (sp). It comes out fast enough that I doubt any wasp could escape it the only thing you'd have to worry about is you flinching and falling aff the ladder. If I had another chance I'd buy something less effective so I could have the pleasure of physically kiiling a few of the f*ckers.

Guest Stoney

Hahaha this thread is f*cking priceless.

I have one in my birdie box out in the back garden, i have just left it as they aint really bother anyone altho i know feel the need to buy a 6 pack of beer and a box of matches on the way home from work - fill up the week hole and set the f*ckers on fire :itch-chin:

A little know fact is that prostate excretions can be used to control wasps, bees, hornets and other insects though a technique called Pheromone luring. Unfortunately for the insects they find the secretion attractive due to the hormones/pheromones but due to some evolutionary anomaly human prostate excretions are quite alkaline. Insects are trapped in the sticky substance and then are killed by the alkali of the secretion. I would suggest you have a wee wank and at the moment of climax penetrate the nest and deliver the alternative pesticide to the heart of the nest.

:itch-chin::cheers:

if they were causing havoc id kill them in the most humane way possible

if they were dying then id put them out their misery. i wouldnt try to help them recuperate if they were stricken since they are pretty horrible, so id kill them instantly, with a slab or somethin

i certainly wouldnt torture them

I'm sorry to shatter your buddhist beliefs but wasps wouldn't know if they were miserable. The minute size of their brains cannot comprehend pain or self (especailly in a colony animal) just stimuli and it is pure reflex that you are human imprinting onto them as misery

you mean they cant feel pain? sorry, but id imagine ALL animals feel pain and thats why they retreat from something that's painful

that wee moose has probably populated an entire fields worth now, well done me!

There are some mice in the shed here MT, unfortunately my parents set the traps before they went away on holiday and I'm too much of a wimp to remove the now half-rotten mangled bodies from the traps to catch some more. Never mind, my parents are back tomorrow so we can get back to getting rid of these pests you've helped make more of!

one of my personal highlights when it comes to killing insects is to stun them then throw them into the toilet. see the cold water shock them back to life as they kick their way trying to get to the safety of the walls.

all men know what im away to say next - you cant let them escape - time to drain the snake...

its great when they get so disorientated they start swimming down.

Guest Stoney
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *frankie* bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *help me frankie* bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *it hurts* bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *I'm scared*

:hysterical::hysterical:

• 5 years later...

speaking of wasps...

“I have never seen a nest this large in my entire life,” said Simkins. “This is the prehistoric nest from the dinosaur ages.”

He says the nest was more than six and half feet tall, and eight feet wide. It may have contained more than a million insects.

“To put it into perspective, a nest we deal with on a day to day basis might have 1,000 to 5,000,” Simkins said.

“I have to be honest with you, I was terrified at one point, and there were several times that I had to pull out and get a breather. My heart rate was racing, I had hundreds of them on my veil,” said Simkins. :omg:

the buzzing sound at about the 1:15 point is incredible.

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2013/06/yellow-jacket-nest-from-the-dinosaur-ages-discovered-in-florida/