Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Every squad needs a couple of utility players that aren't expensive wages wise and can be trusted to play 20 games a season. Ball will this adequately.

Unless a sugar daddy willing to fire in upwards of £30 million or so to drastically improve our squad comes along....then I'm afraid all you Ball haters will just have to suck it up. At least the loon clearly loves playing for us and won't steal a wage

• Upvote 1

Ball is a good bit ahead of Campbell at the moment for this level.

That maybe the case but why sign a player just to be a bench warmer. We have an abundance of talented youth who given their chance can excel is pointless. It just a cash wasting excercise when we don't have much in the first place.

Do yous think our bottle merchant tag might hinder Scottish lads from joining at times?

As in, we can point to Europe all we want but we've never qualified for it proper since it was reformed as the Europa League.

We consistently enough play at Hampden but almost always find a way to let ourselves down/fail to have a go at it.

We've just finished 4th and are clearly a club with a manager out of ideas as to how to push that bit further and be genuinely successful.

We've only won the one league cup, which other clubs have managed to do in the last 10/15 years, some of them much smaller than us.

People talking about Halkett, it would surprise me if we hadn't offered him terms, he probably thought it doesn't matter if I play for Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs, it's a bigger move for me, that's all. Our draw of European qualifiers isn't much of one imo.

Just food for thought, trying to get my head around why Ash Taylor would be considered a good option for us.

People talking about Halkett, it would surprise me if we hadn't offered him terms, he probably thought it doesn't matter if I play for Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs, it's a bigger move for me, that's all. Our draw of European qualifiers isn't much of one imo.

We spoke to Halkett but his missus works in Edinburgh so he wanted to stay central belt

• Upvote 1