Nfl

RAZOR

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 10:47 PM, Captain Caveman said:

49ers this year may be the pick 

Absolutely decimated by injuries.  They will have none of their offensive skill players who touched the ball in the playoff win over the Packers last year (or earlier this year) available to play them tonight.  

My Bucs defence looks like one of the best in the league this year.  Still not sure on the other side of the ball, but think they will get there eventually.  

@Parklife Must be miserable watching your Cowboys this year?!  Was bad pre-Dak injury with that O-line and defence, but now...  Eye bleedingly awful.  

10 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Absolutely decimated by injuries.  They will have none of their offensive skill players who touched the ball in the playoff win over the Packers last year (or earlier this year) available to play them tonight.  

They'll never win a Super Bowl with Jimmy G IMO. He's just not good enough. For him to get where the did last year was a coaching marvel by Shanahan. They need an upgrade there imo. 

My Bucs defence looks like one of the best in the league this year.  Still not sure on the other side of the ball, but think they will get there eventually.  

Yup. An outstanding defence and now they have a QB that won't throw the ball to the other team twice a game, they have a real chance. They have a real chance. They'll need to lean heavily on the defence to go far but it's good enough to carry the load. 

@Parklife Must be miserable watching your Cowboys this year?!  Was bad pre-Dak injury with that O-line and defence, but now...  Eye bleedingly awful.  

It's miserable. Losing both the starting LT & RT for the year has killed the line. The guys starting just aren't up to the job. Dak proved to all the dafties who were doubting him that he's elite pre-injury but without him... The most frustrating thing earlier in the season was the turnovers. I think dallas were -14 in turnovers through 6 games. You've no chance in that scenario. Zeke fumbling, Dak fumbling, WR's fumbling. So, so frustrating. 

That defence though... can't get stops even against the worst offences in the league. Awful. They looked relatively promising vs the Rams in week 1 but have been truly abysmal ever since. 

Would like to see the Chiefs repeat. Had a liking for them ever since Eric Berry had the same illness as a family member of mine and came back from it to play again. I feel dirty cheering for a winner though, it's alien to me ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For some reason I've followed the career of mahomes mark 2, Spencer rattler who plays for Oklahoma. He was on netflix qb1, cant remember which season but he is the spitting image. The cotton bowl was on bt sport and I had it on in the background. They won by miles and this rattler fellow might have it for the NFL, unlike johnny football, lol.

9 hours ago, styrofoamplates said:

Browns make the Playoffs! 

And go back to Heinz field. Given the Steelers late season form, you've got to fancy the Browns chances? Although the week of rest for the Steelers main men may have re-energised them? 

Some good games next week. Looking forward to them! 

That seems to be the way it's looking, going by what the analysts etc are saying. Would be a fitting way for him to go out, that's for sure. 

With the Cowboys gone my support will mainly be going behind Buffalo. Can't think of a fan base that'd enjoy the win more. Especially given the 4 successive Super Bowl losses in the early 90's. If Josh Allen can keep playing like he has been, they've got a shot. They'll need their defence to step up though, as it's not been as good as it was the past couple of seasons. 

Having said that, even if a game develops in to a shootout, I think an on-form Allen has the ability to keep up. 

Pleased and amazed in equal measure that Washington won the NFC east.

Winning the super bowl would be a fitting recompse for the vandalism done to the teams identity with the loss of their famous name.

The playoff v Tampa is on SKY at 1am Sunday or so, so the plan will be to record and then watch later on Sunday, having attempted to avoid the score!

So, with that and the huns game on Sunday, I will be dominating the TV for once!

Washington gave a decent account of themselves, but Tampa Bay were too good.

I watched it delayed, having recorded the 1am game.  It's better that way as you can fast forward through the frequent bouts of studio waffle / pish.

Thought Heinicke had a pretty decent game for Washington.

T'was a shit day for sport, watching this loss after the huns game lol

16 years since Washington won a play off match now.

8 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Washington gave a decent account of themselves, but Tampa Bay were too good.

I watched it delayed, having recorded the 1am game.  It's better that way as you can fast forward through the frequent bouts of studio waffle / pish.

Thought Heinicke had a pretty decent game for Washington.

T'was a shit day for sport, watching this loss after the huns game lol

16 years since Washington won a play off match now.

As you say, Washington acquitted themselves well given the circumstances. They were always going to be up against it, even if Alex Smith had managed to be fit enough to play. Heinicke did really well considering. I reckon that performance will secure him a back-up or 3rd string job for the next few years. 

The Bills made hard work of their win on Saturday, after looking like they were going to cruise it. I've backed them for the super bowl but they'll need to improve markedly when they take on Lamar Jackson and the ravens next weekend. 

Potentially some great games next weekend. Really looking forward to them. 

Loved that game last night. Some great defence and the Bills making the big plays to get it done. 

Backed them to go all the way last week and after last night, I fancy them even more. 

Looking forward to tonight's games. I think the Browns will make it close. Their defensive line will win the battle in the trenches and will get to Mahomes. Mahomes may well do enough Mahomes things to get the job done but I'm not writing the Browns off.