The Mckenna Dilemma

Why ? There could very well be a release clause and the club he wants to join don’t want to pay it. That club and his agent will have told him to hand a request in to try and force us into selling on the cheap..

Hopefully we stand firm...

ok. pedants corner. we can put to bed that a release clause is being activated in the short term

Club have said they'll only allow him to leave if our valuation is met......hope the club plays hardball and that figure is 10 mil.

Fuck him and his agent, don't let the prick leave for anything less than OUR price. If he's not happy then fuck him and put him in the reserves, he'll quickly drop out the international set up if he's not getting game time.

It's time clubs stood up to all the primadonna ungrateful pricks that call themselves footballers otherwise the game will never improve. They all need to learn that behaving like a bell end has consequences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Club have said they'll only allow him to leave if our valuation is met......hope the club plays hardball and that figure is 10 mil.

Fuck him and his agent, don't let the prick leave for anything less than OUR price. If he's not happy then fuck him and put him in the reserves, he'll quickly drop out the international set up if he's not getting game time.

It's time clubs stood up to all the primadonna ungrateful pricks that call themselves footballers otherwise the game will never improve. They all need to learn that behaving like a bell end has consequences.

Bear in mind the ebst talent we'll be available to sign will view us as a stepping stone then I don't think punting him in to the reserves is the best idea.

Harsh.

1) Comparing anyone to Ryan Jack is harsh

2) For sheer moral degeneracy, going to Sevco trumps going anywhere else

3) Netting the club a big fee is much better than leaving on a free

4) Yes, the timing is terrible, but it's not as if he could wait till after the Euro games - the English window closes on Friday. The only way to avoid this timing would have been to do it earlier - and handing in a formal transfer request is usually a last resort for players, when reason and discussion have failed.

5) He wanted to move on last year, but didn't make a big deal of it, so it's not like he's landed this out of the blue. It's been brewing for a while.

Not enamoured by the timing of transfer request.

However if AFC ran as well as we expect them to be would reckon that risk assessments / potential replacement (s) well in hand and ready to be kicked into action.

As for McKenna I seriously hope for his sake he has thought this whole matter properly through (if he sees England as his future), because from my vantage point yesterday he struggled to combat the power of the Hearts striker, whom appear "10 a penny" down yonder leagues i.e. I would contend that he required another year at Dons to gain more maturity in a settled environment.

Guest the shepherd

Let's be honest. The kids head has been turned. He wants the Ferrari and when it is within his grasp if it is denied him is he going to be happy. I think not (as most of us would be) we are fans of the club he is employed by the club big difference

He surely would be able to buy a Ferrari on the wages Aberdeen pay him

timing is good in loads of ways

Mon

Tue

Wed in croatia

Thurs in croatia

Fri in croatia

Sat window is closed

When does he travel to sign on - get a medical? co sure as hell the club should be against his disrupting this match neither he nor the club would be forgiven

does add some sense to celtic rumours who can go any time they want for the next three weeks - especially if Ajer goes last minute to leicester

Mon

Tue

Wed in croatia

Thurs in croatia

Fri in croatia

Sat window is closed

When does he travel to sign on - get a medical? co sure as hell the club should be against his disrupting this match neither he nor the club would be forgiven

does add some sense to celtic rumours who can go any time they want for the next three weeks - especially if Ajer goes last minute to leicester

I assume the timing was designed round the fact the window closes a few hours before we play in Croatia.  Agent thinking must have been that if he travels on Wednesday with no transfer completed, it would end any chance of a move to England this window (unless any club is so desperate he doesn't get the full medical).  Transfer request maybe sees him not travel at all to facilitate him getting a transfer this week.  

Best deal for club and player will happen with the desperate deals being made on deadline day.  Agent/McKenna have obviously though that continuing as normal and travelling to Croatia would end any real chance of that happening.  

Doesn't want to be at Aberdeen, fair enough - sell to highest bidder at end of week? Doesn't matter if the value is 100k or 10 million, he has stated he doesn't want to be at the club by handing in a transfer request.

We move on.

Hunner pircint

Phone me back June

Mon

Tue

Wed in croatia

Thurs in croatia

Fri in croatia

Sat window is closed

Valid, however if as McInnes has intimated several times now, he expected more offers for him. Then he surely has/had some replacements lined up?

This may well be urgent now, and unless the deal was/is pretty much already done, the price (if we're buying as opposed to loaning) has just gone up.

When Taylor signed, I kind of thought he was McKenna's replacement. Would leave us a bit light at centre back though, especially with two of them currently injured (or just coming back from injury) and Considine also covering left back.

I wonder if McInnes still has Hoban in the back of his mind? Perhaps not really the player you'd want to bring in to cover other players' injuries though. I just wonder if McInnes thought he had 4 first team CBs, one may or may not leave and Hoban might join us later in the year, so we're set.

Guest the shepherd

When Taylor signed, I kind of thought he was McKenna's replacement. Would leave us a bit light at centre back though, especially with two of them currently injured (or just coming back from injury) and Considine also covering left back.

I wonder if McInnes still has Hobban in the back of his mind? Perhaps not really the player you'd want to bring in to cover other players' injuries though. I just wonder if McInnes thought he had 4 first team CBs, one may or may not leave and Hobban might join us later in the year, so we're set.

That came into my logic as well when Ash Taylor returned to Aberdeen, and note that Tommie Hoban is still without a club. However, would prefer for Scott McKenna to stay.