Six Nation 2017

OddJob

Imagine singing in a pub after a sports event, only asreholes would do that of course..........

It's not the actual singing I object to, it's the we're all pals together, better than football fans attitude that they seemed to be revelling in.

Fed up hearing from her dad about how the atmosphere is so much better between rugby fans than football ones.

• Downvote 1

It's not the actual singing I object to, it's the we're all pals together, better than football fans attitude that they seemed to be revelling in.

Fed up hearing from her dad about how the atmosphere is so much better between rugby fans than football ones.

The atmosphere between rugby fans and football fans is friendlier , why do you have any issue with it? It's just two different sports, no need to compare them.

I prefer football to rugby, and I enjoy the element of spite between football fans, which gives football a certain edge: however its hard not to envy the ability of rugby fans to have a drink at the game, and the camaraderie they can enjoy together afterwards regardless of result. Their sporting rivalries are no less fierce because they can chat happily together and don't feel the need to kick shit out of each other.

I prefer football to rugby, and I enjoy the element of spite between football fans, which gives football a certain edge: however its hard not to envy the ability of rugby fans to have a drink at the game, and the camaraderie they can enjoy together afterwards regardless of result. Their sporting rivalries are no less fierce because they can chat happily together and don't feel the need to kick shit out of each other.

To be clear, I am the last person wanting to see anybody kicking the shit out of another person because of a sporting match. Maybe their choice of songs just pissed me off! Hope me saying flower of Scotland is awful does not offend your sensibilities! Proud Scot but not a fan of the anthem.

To be clear, I am the last person wanting to see anybody kicking the shit out of another person because of a sporting match.

I didn't think that at all - sorry if I gave the impression I did!

Maybe their choice of songs just pissed me off! Hope me saying flower of Scotland is awful does not offend your sensibilities! Proud Scot but not a fan of the anthem.

Not at all mate! I used to really like the song to be honest, but of late have been thinking its something of a dirge!

Agree completely, there nothing to stop someone enjoying both sports. Some of the comments you get from both sides are said from a position ignorance. Not every football fan is a thug whilst not every rugby fan is a posh public school boy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39095623

Wind your neck in Jones you bellend. Italy had a game plan and it was working. For professionals like him and Dawson to come out with those comments makes them sound like arrogant cunts and disrespectful to the Italians too

Tom English got both Jones and Matt Dawson told on twitter last night.

What did people here think of the Italian tactic of not forming rucks against the English, meaning they could circumvent the offside rule when the ball was on the ground? (I don't pretend I am very knowledge about the rules of rucks / mauls etc).

I thought that was very clever, showing real thought behind their approach, but the english guy in work this morning is banging on about a "loopholes in the rules" :laughing:

I didn't catch all of it, but the interaction between james haskell and the ref was very funny - I presume it related to the unusual italian tactic (?).

Haskell asked the ref something like "how can we stop this from happening?"

And the french ref said: "I cant say - I am the referee, not your coach" :laughing:

What did people here think of the Italian tactic of not forming rucks against the English, meaning they could circumvent the offside rule when the ball was on the ground? (I don't pretend I am very knowledge about the rules of rucks / mauls etc).

I thought that was very clever, showing real thought behind their approach, but the english guy in work this morning is banging on about a "loopholes in the rules" :laughing:

I didn't catch all of it, but the interaction between james haskell and the ref was very funny - I presume it related to the unusual italian tactic (?).

Haskell asked the ref something like "how can we stop this from happening?"

And the french ref said: "I cant say - I am the referee, not your coach" :laughing:

the english guy at your work needs to dry his eyes, they still won in the end and it should have been more had Farrell not missed so many kicks.

It was a great tactic from Italy, England could have got round it but they did't know what to to do. The embarrassment lies with the english players for not knowing what to do. Italy are not going to compete with England by going toe to toe so they had to try something different, it almost worked too.

the english guy at your work needs to dry his eyes

I've passed that on for you :laughing:

To be fair he is a channel islander, so not proper english lol.

It was a great tactic from Italy.....Italy are not going to compete with England by going toe to toe so they had to try something different, it almost worked too.

Yeh I thought so, its all the more interesting when a team can come up with something unexpected.

The English cant expect the opposition to play to England's strengths!

I remember in years gone past, they used to always moan about us kicking all the time and "killing the game".

I thought FFS they don't seem to realise we are trying to win this, and not trying to help them put on a rugby exhibition.

Saw Brian McClair watching the England rugby game and boozing in a pub just next to the playhouse yesterday evening. It wasn't CC Blooms I'd just like to clarify, was the one next door to that.

Was full of rugby types all happy to wait ages to get served in a pub that reeked of fish. We gave it 5 trying to get served then left.

He's an alkie, any excuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah agree guys, want to be optimistic but I also just think the Guffs have had so much luck in the tournament too and it'll probably continue. In saying that tho, the fact they are aiming for equalling the All Blacks record of 18 consecutive wins could be a hindrance too and we could take advantage

As long as it's a close game then I'll be happy. We are back and there's plenty of progress been made by us