Six Nation 2017

OddJob

Was something to do with the first black player to play for England. Think we're talking late 70s/early 80s, the boy got selected to play for England but the RFU were worried about the crowd not taking to him for racial reasons. His ethnicity was West Indies and Swing Low is a very well known spiritual folk song from around those parts, so the RFU got a gospel choir on the Twickenham pitch before the match singing the song. To prove that they welcomed the black player the crowd picked up on it, and started singing it during the match, and it has stuck to this day.

And yes, it's unbelievably fucking irritating.

Cause they're cocks. And he's a cock.

Where I live is a big rugby area, most England fans I speak to are amazed they've got this far without losing. There's no doubting they are a quality side but I think New Zealand would destroy them right now. England can and probably will get better. An autumn test isn't planned against the all blacks but there's rumour they are trying to shoe horn it in.

Where I live is a big rugby area, most England fans I speak to are amazed they've got this far without losing. There's no doubting they are a quality side but I think New Zealand would destroy them right now. England can and probably will get better. An autumn test isn't planned against the all blacks but there's rumour they are trying to shoe horn it in.

England have a mediocre Autumn international fixtures V Samoa, Argentina and Australia this year.

Scotland have Samoa, Australia + New Zealand

How much Scottish lads will make the squad ? How much Scottish lads will make the starting team ? Few + none.

Your grammar reminds me of a question I was asked by one of the players when I was coaching kids football. He asked, "How much more goals than the much goals that I've got is the much goals that he's got?"

Class question, never forgot it.

• Upvote 1

Good win versus the eyeties to bring this year to a close.

Felt sorry for the italian kicker, who clearly couldn't kick his own arse and wanted the murrayfield pitch to swallow him up after each miss. It didn't help that the cameraman would then linger on close-ups of the tetchy reactions of his coach and team mates and the italian fans, every time.

It was a very encouraging tournament and good send off for Vern Cotter.

Its pretty tough for the guys, to have 3 decent wins, yet still end up 4th in the table. The beasting from england had a lot to do with it.

I think France have flattered to deceive in this tournament, they were there for the taking vs us and got lucky against the leek-eaters, with that absurd finish to their game this weekend.

I think we can build on this next year.