Where Are They Now

I agree in terms of technique. But in terms of basic effectiveness, I.e using what youve got to put the little round white thing in between the two white sticky things theres been one or two better (assuming were talking Scotland wide, not just reds).

Scott Macdonald on his day was a good example. Fairly limited player if truth is told but knows whats needed to win not just look pretty.

Don't understand why folk can't see the class the boy has when he was up here. The fact he has gone for 22m and playing for eng u21 should be proof enough.

Hayes, Christie, McLean won't be playing

E prem league football in their careers (maybe McLean has a small chance).

• Downvote 1

To me Maddison was so far ahead technically. Not to say he was our most influential player at that time, because he wasnt. He was still raw and had a lot of developing to do. Made a lot of poor decisions. Lets not forget he went back to Norwich and didnt get a sniff for 6 months. But as far as raw talent goes, he was head and shoulders above everyone else and oozed class on the ball.

You could tell that if he kept his head right and stuck in hed go far.

• Upvote 2

To me Maddison was so far ahead technically. Not to say he was our most influential player at that time, because he wasnt. He was still raw and had a lot of developing to do. Made a lot of poor decisions. Lets not forget he went back to Norwich and didnt get a sniff for 6 months. But as far as raw talent goes, he was head and shoulders above everyone else and oozed class on the ball.

You could tell that if he kept his head right and stuck in hed go far.

Which is a fuckload different from being the best player in the team.
  • Upvote 2

Does beg the question why McInnes left him on the bench loads towards the end of that loan spell.

Because , as someone said earlier he was a ball greedy cunt who wasn’t playing for the good of the team. Showed signs of playing like he didn’t really care about the results as he knew he’d only be here for a short time. I can mind McLean going mental at him up in Dingwall shortly after Maddison had yet again chosen to hold on to the ball or play a difficult pass when an easier option was on. McLean was literally having to be held back or I reckon he’d have chinned Maddison. Don’t think he featured much after that.And he’s shat it now by getting the fuck outta Norwich to avoid McLean