Shinnie To.......

It's time to wake up to the fact that if he isn't here to play in Europe next season, get rid and buy someone who will be. Stop this half arsed backwards thinking and get a team that qualifies for Europe playing in Europe...

Not that easy to just go out and buy a straight replacement of the same quality especially in January. As I've said previously Shinnie will give his absolute all until the end of the season whether he is leaving or not. He demonstrated that at Caley Thistle when signed a pre contract with us in Jan 2015 then captained them to a Scottish Cup won 4 months later.

He's entitled to weigh up his options but at least we all know he will give absolutely everything for the club while he is here. You can't ask anymore. If he leaves at the end of the season he leaves. There are far bigger riches out there on offer for the better players that's just life. Shinnie can do a hell of a lot to help us between now and the end of the season leaving or not.

In what would you say are they improving? They beat Celtic in December yes but so did Hibs only more decisively. In December the huns lost at home to us, drew away at 10 man Dundee and failed to beat Hibs despite playing them home and away in the space of 7 days. They only beat Hamilton 1-0 at Ibrox despite beating the same team 4-1 away two months earlier. They also lost in Vienna. They had a couple of good narrow away wins at Hearts and St Johnstone but they definitely rode their luck in both games especially on the refereeing decisions front at Tynecastle (surprise surprise). They also rode their luck with Morelos not being sent off against Celtic.

I don't see a massive improvement in them to be honest. They dropped more points in December than we did.

Totally agree. Their win v sellick was a combination of sellick being absolutely lacklustre and a boche team trying its heart out.  And recall the potato men had a goal taken off for a marginal offside.

Plodder Scott Broon was so far off the pace, he would have made even me look like an energetic midfielder.

I was out having a few beers when the game was on, and the huns in the pub celebrated like they had won the world cup and the lottery on the same day.

Hun Rat Jack looked nearly in tears when he scored and again at the end.

Lets wait to see if their latest loan deals help them, but I think old man Defoe may well be a damp squib, like so many other ageing has-beens who come up here from england thinking it will be a cake walk.

• Upvote 2

Not that easy to just go out and buy a straight replacement of the same quality especially in January. As I've said previously Shinnie will give his absolute all until the end of the season whether he is leaving or not. He demonstrated that at Caley Thistle when signed a pre contract with us in Jan 2015 then captained them to a Scottish Cup won 4 months later.

He's entitled to weigh up his options but at least we all know he will give absolutely everything for the club while he is here. You can't ask anymore. If he leaves at the end of the season he leaves. There are far bigger riches out there on offer for the better players that's just life. Shinnie can do a hell of a lot to help us between now and the end of the season leaving or not.

Sure he's entitled to weigh up his options but unofficially there will have been conversations with his agent by now anyway. He's the captain of the club. His inability to commit reflects poorly on him at present and in my opinion we can't afford to let any of our quality players to just go for free. If you're not prepared to sign a new contract with AFC we'll put you on the transfer list. Fergie certainly wouldn't have stood for that either here or at Man Utd.

I have no problems with him signing for another team, for more wages and plying his trade elsewhere. I have a major issue in players getting a better deal and the club not benefitting from a transfer fee. Plus, the usual DMc piss poor recruitment for a European campaign. He should be planning at least 2 transfer windows ahead and he's not. This "well we didn't know if they were staying or leaving" nonsense. You're the manager, make the call. I'd be having pre contract talks with all the available players that interest me now. But don't ever get to a stage where a decent player is going to leave for free.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Totally agree. Their win v sellick was a combination of sellick being absolutely lacklustre and a boche team trying its heart out.  And recall the potato men had a goal taken off for a marginal offside.

Plodder Scott Broon was so far off the pace, he would have made even me look like an energetic midfielder.

I was out having a few beers when the game was on, and the huns in the pub celebrated like they had won the world cup and the lottery on the same day.

Hun Rat Jack looked nearly in tears when he scored and again at the end.

Lets wait to see if their latest loan deals help them, but I think old man Defoe may well be a damp squib, like so many other ageing has-beens who come up here from england thinking it will be a cake walk.

The full-time celebrations were something else. You'd think they'd just won a cup final.

Plus, the usual DMc piss poor recruitment for a European campaign. He should be planning at least 2 transfer windows ahead and he's not.

I think he probably is it just dosnt look like it. We have had lots of knock backs in previous seasons that people won’t know about. It strikes me that he goes after proven players that will definitely improve us, they leave us hanging for a couple of weeks then sign for a English league 1 side. Then we have to source someone else. The market Aberdeen is in is the same market as Sunderland and a lot of lower level championship sides, unfortunately even league 1 in England can be a lot more attractive then premier in Scotland.

I dunno. I don't grudge a team/fans celebrating a big win, regardless of circumstance.

I remember on the last day of last season, Sevco fans mocking us for celebrating 2nd (something they'd never do apparently, although since they've never managed to finish in the top 2, I don't know how they'd know) and Celtic fans giving us similar.

What you supposed to do? I'm not allowed to go crazy in the moment and should only consider the bigger picture at all times?

Agreed - especially as what follows doesn't necessarily have to be another football team.

Shinnie to... dance the lambada, naked, in the centre-circle next time he scores at Pittodrie.

Ok I bite... I didn't want to mention Hull and Brentford as it could be any team he could end up at...

Shinnie to... smoke fags in the shower

Huns have about as many midfielders on their books as some smaller teams have total squad members and theyve just signed another 2 (one a pre contract) yesterday. They've also shelled out £3million on a left back in summer who has been pretty much the only success of all their outfield summer signings and of whom Slippy G told the Grass that he was his number one choice left back and that he was welcome to stay if he wanted but would rarely if ever get selected.

File the Sultan's info under "pish"

Shinnie to...……...screw the Dons like most other players we have given a chance to and leave for nothing !!!

Not his or any other players fault, its the club by not being in the habit of selling and getting a return before we get to this stage.

The club can't force a player to sign a new contract. We're certainly not going to say "If you don't sign by X then we'll stick you on the transfer market", as that's a sure fire way of losing players.  I think we've handled it as well as we could, we've offered the players the best possibly contract, within our means, and it's now up to Shinnie n GMS to decide.  

The club can't force a player to sign a new contract. We're certainly not going to say "If you don't sign by X then we'll stick you on the transfer market", as that's a sure fire way of losing players.  I think we've handled it as well as we could, we've offered the players the best possibly contract, within our means, and it's now up to Shinnie n GMS to decide.  

pretty sure they've decided by now, i'd be shocked now if either stay...…...plan for the future

Yep.

Some nutjobs on here think it is either like football (champ in my day) manager, or, the 1980s / pre Bosman era when clubs held all the cards and could dictate what was happening.

Don’t blame shinnie for a second for trying to get best deal for him and family. It’s what any sane person would do.

He’s definitely worth about 10pts between now and end of season as whenever he missed a game last season we were, almost without exception, utter horseshit.

• Downvote 1