Lewis Ferguson

I'd say someone has fucked up at the club if its over £250k. On the other side great work by the club if it's less than £125k. In between is probably the right amount.

What brings you to this conclusion? Many have posted about how good he has looked in games. He's very young as well. So if the club have to pay more than 250k, surely it isn't a big deal.

well aye he could turn out ace and we manage to shift him

on for millions.

However in reality DM has signed him because he's been assured by our eggheads it's £125k. If it turns out to be £400k then by all means by then (Charlie Telfer tribunal didn't call until the December) he might be worth it but there is no way DM would have went in for it if he'd know that back in April.

I don't believe it will have any effect on this transfer window although I have seen many posting a different theory but it will effect his budget down the line if out estimate of £125k

is wrong.

What brings you to this conclusion? Many have posted about how good he has looked in games. He's very young as well. So if the club have to pay more than 250k, surely it isn't a big deal.

The fee is based on various factors in place before he signed for us.

Any decent performances since he signed are irrelevant.

Yes Thomas.

I was just asking why tord came to the conclusion he had.

(Having read it, I shouldn't have bothered)

I wasn’t giving you grief, just happened that I responded to your post.

If we end up having to pay £250k it’s going to be great value.

The less the better though.

Guest milne_afc

You're talking nonsense, Tord. He's worth way more than £250k. We've got ourselves a bargain.

Yup, could be a short stay at the Dons for young Lewis if he keeps his apparent form. I like him.

You're talking nonsense, Tord. He's worth way more than £250k. We've got ourselves a bargain.

He probably is now. He's at a bigger club and doing well. This is only relevant to what he is worth to the club in terms of sell on though. Has fuck all to do with what he WAS worth as an out of contract Hamilton youth. Pennies imo.

The fee is based on various factors in place before he signed for us.

Any decent performances since he signed are irrelevant.

That's how it is supposed to be but I don't think you are naive enough to believe that it will be the case. Especially if it's a tribunal panel based/made up in Scottish football.

His value is indeed meant to be based on his age, time at previous club & (most relevant in this little debate) his potential. All at time of signing for us BUT there is no doubt they will use his current form & game time etc. for reference in regards the 'potential' part of the decision. Whether they are supposed to or not they WILL do it, they just won't document that part of their thinking, or even discussion.

I don't really think they could justifiably make us pay anywhere close to Accies valuation/wishes but I do think we will be made to pay a bit more than what we think/hope to pay. Maybe as much as DOUBLE our estimate.

£250k is my guess. In all seriousness. I was only taking the piss regarding the £500k earlier

Honestly never expected the loon to make much more than a (very) occasional start and maybe 15 or so appearances from the bench this season. However been really impressed and think he will start more often than not. In the circumstances i think £250k would absolutely be a fair price to pay and fully expect him to be sold in a couple of years for a very tidy profit

He probably is now. He's at a bigger club and doing well. This is only relevant to what he is worth to the club in terms of sell on though. Has fuck all to do with what he WAS worth as an out of contract Hamilton youth. Pennies imo.

And that has fuck all to do with how much Hamilton will get from a tribunal.

All they'll get are training costs. Costs predetermined by the SFA and dependent on the category of club and length of time with the training club. Costs are calculated at Cat 4 for all players at all clubs between 12 and 15 and then a yearly fee based on the category the training club are in.

AFC have done the calculations and came up with 100K. Hamilton can ask for what they like, they'll get what they are due from the SFA regulations which are pretty clear.

And that has fuck all to do with how much Hamilton will get from a tribunal.

All they'll get are training costs. Costs predetermined by the SFA and dependent on the category of club and length of time with the training club. Costs are calculated at Cat 4 for all players at all clubs between 12 and 15 and then a yearly fee based on the category the training club are in.

AFC have done the calculations and came up with 100K. Hamilton can ask for what they like, they'll get what they are due from the SFA regulations which are pretty clear.

Why then is there even a tribunal option then? is the tribunal there to formally confirm what you have stated above or is there the usual SFA "discretion" involved?

For more info on how it works

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News/training-compensation-why-dundee-united-are-paying-rangers-for-charlie-telfer.html

This is for Charlie Telfer moving from Rangers to Dundee Utd.

Dundee had to pay 170k to Rangers.

Telfer was trained by Rangers from 12 to19. As training costs are calculated on the players new clubs training costs and not his old clubs costs the tribunal worked out that Dundee Utd spend around 35K a year on a players training.

Not sure if this also factors in the costs of upkeep for training facilities etc but if it does we'll pay a lot less that that, Utd have their own training ground.

Why then is there even a tribunal option then? is the tribunal there to formally confirm what you have stated above or is there the usual SFA "discretion" involved?

Hamilton will have said they think we spend 100k a year training a player. We'll have went back and said no chance, try 10-15K.

Now its up to the tribunal to look at the figures and decide who knows our own finances the best. AFC accountants or Hamilton's guessperts

Hamilton will have said they think we spend 100k a year training a player. We'll have went back and said no chance, try 10-15K.

Now its up to the tribunal to look at the figures and decide who knows our own finances the best. AFC accountants or Hamilton's guessperts

Interesting. Raises some questions though on transparency of individual players' training costs in financial accounts being used as a mechanism to determine compensation. Sounds like a flawed system to me. To paraphrase Ebbe, "accounts are like mini-skirts.......".

How many years has Ferguson been in the Hamilton system?