Snooker

Fair point but if there is then this was it. After the first few shots, the reds were placed perfectly. He didn't really have to work for it, just had to keep calm and pot the balls.

It is indeed all about keeping calm.

I was on one once but mucked up my first black.

"The New Messiah" beaten 13-12 by Ali Carter

Judd is a cracking player, don't get me wrong but like Carter came out and said, there is more to snooker than just smashing in balls from everywhere, that's all Judd does, his safety play at times is a joke for a top player, you look at Ronnie and Hendry, they can mix it up where as Judd only knows one way, glad the captain beat him like I had him on to win 13-11 which is gutting.

Hendry took a doing from Maguire 13-2, just announced his retirement off the back of it. :(

Says he made the decision 3 months ago, and would of retired after the first round if he was defeated, or if he had won the tournament.

Showed his sheer brilliance in the early rounds, and his sheer inconsistency against Maguire,

Enjoy your retirement min.

Always nice to see some of the old boys I grew up watching like Hendry, White, Davis roll back the years. Same for any sport really. Its a shame he could'nt repeat the form he had v Higgins, but retiring at the crucible seems right enough.

Guessing he's just not happy to be an also ran these days.

The man was unstoppable in his prime and was a hero of mine when I was younger. I am quite sad he's retiring but I fully understand his decision, watching his journey from king of the sport to a mid-ranking player was often quite painful but I suppose that's just how it goes. I wonder how the likes of Judd Trump would have got on against him in his prime? Thanks for the memories Stephen for me you are the greatest player to ever play the game.

The man was unstoppable in his prime and was a hero of mine when I was younger. I am quite sad he's retiring but I fully understand his decision, watching his journey from king of the sport to a mid-ranking player was often quite painful but I suppose that's just how it goes. I wonder how the likes of Judd Trump would have got on against him in his prime? Thanks for the memories Stephen for me you are the greatest player to ever play the game.

Hendry would have wiped the floor with him in his prime......as aggressive a Judd but x100 better defensive player

Yeah that's what I reckon too. They are always going on about how much more aggressive the game is now, well that's because of Hendry he was the master of it and like you said he was a good defensive player too. He's a sporting legend up there with Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.