Aberdeen V Alloa (0 - 0) (6 - 5 Pens)

First 20 minutes I thought we were fine, done alot with the ball but no real end product then we started to run out of ideas an Alloa came in to the game just before half time. After half time they were by far the better side and the crowd got on to the backs of our players which worked in the favour of Alloa, we were totally lacklust and I really felt sorry for Zola upfront on his own with mcGinn stuck on the wing, we just didn't help ourselves, Zola worked his arse off and always looked dangerous we just didn't create anything for the powerhouse.

Also special mention to Vernon, he came on and actually linked up really well also showed massive bottle to take that pen the way he did, he has a future here.

• Site Sponsor

He was just putting himself off mate,

Once he stopped pricking about and concentrated he pulled of what i can only describe as a world class save.

He didn't fud about at the first and but for the fact it was a near perfect hit, would have also saved that. By jumping around his feet were never set and he would save nothing.

• Site Sponsor

its all well and good saying its a mental thing

but this is what, 4/5 different manager and team combos

maybe, JUST maybe the problem IS the one constant...

the "fans"?

Tommy and me are constants over the past 15 managers. Seen trophy wins, seen shite. It's the quality of the manager not the supporter that makes the difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

No doubt what so ever he saved us last night & full credit to him for that, he fully deserves it, as for the latter part of that sentence :hysterical: settle the fk down min. One pen save does NOT reverse the shite that has gone on before. FAR FROM IT. Maybe had it been like the shoot out in the 1990 Scottish cup final v celtic I'd fall for that kind of talk. Clangers has a lot of work to do before he can be classed as even a top SPFL keeper.

If we get to semi final and he is in goal then expect to see the diarrhoea running down his legs as usual. A shit keeper, end of story.

we had top 4 finishes and quarter final, semi final cup appearances

but that wasnt good enough

case

in

point

Yes, case in point, firstly, as I said we expect the odd cup final appearence, JC managed none, and in whatever it was, say 10 attempts that might be ok if we regulalrly got knocked out by Celtic, or th huns, but we all know who was doing the knocking out, its not unreasonable for Aberdeen fans to expect to beat Queens Park and Queen of the South!

Secondly, whilstt Jimmy was managing the bare minimum expected in terms of league position, Aberdeen fans have the audacity to want some entertainment, this ground has been covered ad nauseum on here, but to recap, the football was total shite and a change was needed, we made the wrong change, but it doesn't mean we expect to much.

• Upvote 1

haha aye...and we havent been knocked out by any other small teams since he was forced out, eh?

yawn

yawn

That makes no sense, an arguement with you makes no sense, you are incapable of taking on board anything that is said, and continue to make the same nonsense points thinking you are making a point of relevance.

We were right to expect to not get beat by the wee teams then and now, thats not hard to understand.

This all started with your nonsense about it all being the fans fault, a point you haven't explained in anyway whatsoever other than there wasn't many there last night, and is now ending with JC, now that really is yawn, so count me out.

South Parks a much more interesting debate :) The best line from South Park is Randy claiming "it's ghost plasma!"

Going away from JC, out of necessity, and back to fans expectations, Danny Lennon will end up getting sacked, he's just won them a cup, and they play very attractive football, but their fans think they should be pushing for top 6, I'm sure Motherwell and United fans think they should be grabbing 2nd this season, how in any way are our fans unreasonable compared to others?

South Parks a much more interesting debate :) The best line from South Park is Randy claiming "it's ghost plasma!"

Going away from JC, out of necessity, and back to fans expectations, Danny Lennon will end up getting sacked, he's just won them a cup, and they play very attractive football, but their fans think they should be pushing for top 6, I'm sure Motherwell and United fans think they should be grabbing 2nd this season, how in any way are our fans unreasonable compared to others?

JIMMY CALDERWOOD would be a good replacement for Lennon.

Pivotal match even this early in the season, definitely don't want to be losing this one and hopeful that a win will help build confidence ahead of St Johnstone at the weekend.

Team wise I'd shape up something like this:

Langfield

Hector

Reynolds

Anderson

Considine

Flood

Jack

Pawlett

Wylde

Hayes

McGinn

Don't really think any of Zola, Magennis or Vernon have done enough to justify a start so give Wylde a chance.

With only 5 subs permitted it will be interesting to see who drops out from Saturday's 18.

Starryfish. Well played on not only starting the thread but accurately predicting a 0-0 score line and a 6-5 win on penalties when you started it.

Fucking impressive stuff. Have you got a time machine for sale so we can sign Derek Riordan?

the ones who dont go, deprive the club of money yep

I didn't go last night (despite having a valid season for game...so at least club have my cash)...

...number of reasons.

- Depression/heebeejeebees coming of a mental 4 days of drink.

- Depression at our last 2 performances

- Not having a car as was too pissed to drive in morning

- Forgetting to take a jacket, with weather turning a bit aboot 6.

- Arsed wi sitting on a bus from work into toon, then toon to Pittodrie

- A feeling of impending doom given previous lower league humiliations

- Dinna like midweek fitba

- Back to heebeejeebees and repeat.

One of thos reasons would have been enough...but all? :hypno:

Soz.

Be back on board Saturday.

I see Vernon scored a pen last night. he must've felt like it was the end of an exam as it approached his turn, his arse flapping away.

a wee prayer to all the gods, and phew! I've scored. that's what it feels like, and he can stop thinking about thinking.

Incorrect. He was the coolest man on the pitch and strode up and smashed it into the top corner. An unstoppable penalty and the best of the 12 by some measure.

• Upvote 1