Stewart Milne's Legacy

22 Seasons

66 domestic competitions entered

One trophy won

And of course this...

we all want to see a strong Rangers, we need that for Scottish football and the sooner that they fill the vacancy there get a good manager in and strengthen the whole set-up there, that's in the interest of Scottish football

An embarrassment to the very end.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I'm in the mood for being grim

The time under Milne has been fairly in keeping with the rest of Aberdeen's history. We've been on the go 117 years. For 8 of those years we had one of the best managers the world has ever seen. Take that out, the remaining 109 years show

1 League Title

3 Scottish Cups

5 League Cups

We haven't even won the Scottish Cup as many times as Queens Park in our history - and they last won it 10 years before we even existed. 

We haven't really been any more or less pish under Milne

We're just pish

Happy Monday

The time under Milne has been fairly in keeping with the rest of Aberdeen's history. We've been on the go 117 years. For 8 of those years we had one of the best managers the world has ever seen. Take that out, the remaining 109 years show

1 League Title

3 Scottish Cups

5 League Cups

We haven't even won the Scottish Cup as many times as Queens Park in our history - and they last won it 10 years before we even existed. 

We're just pish

Happy Monday

And that's us being the 3rd most successful as well.  Imagine looking back at the rest of the clubs, outside of Celtic and Oldco. Dire readings all around.

1 League Title

3 Scottish Cups

5 League Cups

We're just pish

Happy Monday

In Milne's time at Aberdeen:

Aberdeen - 1 Trophy

Hearts - 3 Trophies

Hibs - 2 Trophies

Compared to our nearest rivals it's been a failure as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Both of those sides also got relegated, Hibs twice since Milne has been at Pittodrie, and Hearts went into Administration. So i'm not sure you've picked the best clubs to use as an example.

I’d happily spend 1 season in the championship in exchange for 3 Scottish cups.

Or even 1 Scottish cup

Relegation looked a good laugh for hearts. They had a class season down to be fair

In Milne's time at Aberdeen:

Aberdeen - 1 Trophy

Hearts - 3 Trophies

Hibs - 2 Trophies

Compared to our nearest rivals it's been a failure as well.

I would like to point out Hearts nearly went bust in order to win 2 of their 3 trophies. To put it another way - they cheated. We've also reached more cup finals then the pair of them in that time, reached the last 32 of Europe, overall accumulated more points in the league and finished above them more often. 

Guest milne_afc

I would like to point out Hearts nearly went bust in order to win 2 of their 3 trophies. To put it another way - they cheated. I get your point however.

Cheated in what way?

I can't be bothered to get in to any chat about Milne pro's and con's. I can't really believe some are actually saying thank you etc.

But anyway I hope his legacy is guiding the club in to this American era which I'm really hopeful is going to help us kick on. Certainly the relationships with Atlanta, grassroots soccer and the others has got real potential to give us a leg up.

Neither here nor there regards Milne’s tenure. He’s kept us relatively stable with minimal fuss or controversy. He’s made mistakes in terms of appointments in the dugout and doesn’t really have the ruthlessness that most chairman have in modern football. Not sure that’s a bad thing but he’s also never been prepared to invest too heavily when there has been opportunities in the past to challenge. Always played it safe and kept too cosy a relationship with the OF in most people’s eyes, although he did cast a decisive vote in the downfall of Rangers. 1 cup win under his watch is hard to ignore, albeit that statistic is more down to the players on the park being unable to cross the line despite multiple chances.

The club desperately need new ideas and a fresh perspective at the top. Cormack’s made his presence known since returning and has created some waves thus far but time will tell whether they can lead to a genuine shake up of our club or if its just another false dawn.

His legacy... let's see. 

Massively overspent and plunged the club into unmanageable debt. 

Hired a succession of inept managers, including two guys who had never managed a club in their lives.

Had us routinely flirting with, if not outright sucking the cock of relegation

Ran the club like a pub team, slashing wages in an attempt to address the unmanageable debt he'd created by throwing cash at guys who had never managed a club in their lives. 

Allowed the stadium to fall into a state that makes it look like some kind of poorly maintained Soweto shanty. 

Alienated the fans, and oversaw average attendances plummet to sub-10000 at their lowest.  

1 trophy in 22 years. 

Bent over to the Huns and literally had to be threatened with a fan revolt before he finally relented and voted against Newco. 

Bent over to the Huns and paid a 5% fee for 'administration purposes' (also known as extortion) when it came to ticket sales. 

Bent over to the Huns and allowed that fucking 'Loving Cup' nonsense to happen. 

This... 

• Upvote 2

Bloody Nora some right spitful people on here commenting about Milnes tenure of the club.

Let's be honest Milne really had no choice in becoming Aberdeen's Chairman. Given the opportunity he would have had little to do with AFC in the first place and when he was involved he would have stepped aside if anyone reputable, with the right levels of money to invest, put themselves forward for the role.

Imagine we're all fucking brilliant at spending others cash but different proposition when it's your own.

Half the folk on here don't invest in a seasons ticket with Aberdeen let alone consider pumping serious cash into the club knowing that there is little chance of any return.

But its reassuring to know that we have so many captains of industry posting on this site who are experts at making investments and guiding their respective companies to year on year profits, but then again not brave enough to invest in the club they apparently love..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Bloody Nora some right spitful people on here commenting about Milnes tenure of the club.

Let's be honest Milne really had no choice in becoming Aberdeen's Chairman. Given the opportunity he would have had little to do with AFC in the first place and when he was involved he would have stepped aside if anyone reputable, with the right levels of money to invest, put themselves forward for the role.

Imagine we're all fucking brilliant at spending others cash but different proposition when it's your own.

Half the folk on here don't invest in a seasons ticket with Aberdeen let alone consider pumping serious cash into the club knowing that there is little chance of any return.

But its reassuring to know that we have so many captains of industry posting on this site who are experts at making investments and guiding their respective companies to year on year profits, but then again not brave enough to invest in the club they apparently love..

"you cannot comment on Stewart Milne's chairmanship of Aberdeen unless you are a multi-millionaire"

About up there with some of the biggest load of nonsense posted on here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's nothing spiteful about stating facts. 

Nothing I posted there is fabricated. It all happened.