Aberdeen 3 - 2 Hearts

Important to get off to a flyer in the league. Hearts are a big strong side but susceptible to the pace our starting 11 last night possesses. So that's the side we should go with. 

We cannot be gung ho in Croatia so the side may get tweaked a bit over there. And then St Mirren we can maybe think of making 2 or 3 changes if required. By which time Devlin reckons he will be fit for sure and the new defender DM was talking about may also be onboard.

Would you leave out Lewis? No

We've only 4 fit defenders. Would you leave any of them out? No

That leaves 6. Would you really change all 6? I'd say no.

Change 2 or 3 then bring on a couple of subs early second half if need be. There's no need to be rash and gamble against Hearts.

Yes I would leave out Lewis in a heart beat Cerny is an able replacement for this game - if Lewis dives into a post again and is out no way is that a good idea 

Yes I would leave out a defender any way I could change formation, play Campbell at left back whatever I can to get at least one off the starting line up 

id change as many as I could of the 6, Hedges Gallagher Ojo Mcginn Fergusson cosgrove. All are on the team sheet for Thursday already - I wouldn't risk any.

already you are changing 3 and making 2 substitutes from the starting line up       

Yes I would leave out Lewis in a heart beat Cerny is an able replacement for this game - if Lewis dives into a post again and is out no way is that a good idea

Yes I would leave out a defender any way I could change formation, play Campbell at left back whatever I can to get at least one off the starting line up

id change as many as I could of the 6, Hedges Gallagher Ojo Mcginn Fergusson cosgrove. All are on the team sheet for Thursday already - I wouldn't risk any.

Yeah but you are wanting to more or less play a completely different 11.

Thats a bit different from making a couple of changes.

Why the panic about giving everyone a rest in the first league game?

Not a panic Logical

Its completely logical we play our best possible team on Thursday

its completely illogical to risk any player at all who will be in the team on Thursday. Some players will have to be risked we are not a big enough team to swap out 11 players but we should remove from risk very single player we can on Sunday 

There are no result on Sunday that will make any difference to our season win lose or draw there is nothing to gain

Win or draw on Thursday and we have a chance

We should do everything in out power to make Thursday a possibility

id change as many as I could of the 6, Hedges Gallagher Ojo Mcginn Fergusson cosgrove. All are on the team sheet for Thursday already - I wouldn't risk any.

Seriously? This early in the season means they are not 100% fit yet, so certainly don't need rested imo

Not a panic Logical

its completely illogical to risk any player at all who will be in the team on Thursday. Some players will have to be risked we are not a big enough team to swap out 11 players but we should remove from risk very single player we can on Sunday

There are no result on Sunday that will make any difference to our season win lose or draw there is nothing to gain

You'd never have dreamed about suggesting to start Campbell at left back if McInnes hadn't put him on there as a sub yesterday. None of us would.

I think you're aff your heid suggesting we change as many of the starting line up and more or less gift Hearts a chance of 3 points in a home game in the very first league game of the season but each to their own.

• Upvote 1

Not a panic Logical

I disagree. What happens if we are pipped for 1st/2nd by 2 points at the end of the season? We would then regret the bad attitude on the opening game of the season.

id be happy we tried and done our best

but if we miss out on a chance for Europe through a silly injury on Sunday is that worth it?

if we miss out on Europe by 1 or 2 points come the end of the season it wont be because we have lost of hearts on day 1 ffs get a grip and some realism it will because we have been crap in a couple of games in March

but if we miss out on a chance for Europe through a silly injury on Sunday is that worth it?

if we miss out on Europe by 1 or 2 points come the end of the season it wont be because we have lost of hearts on day 1 ffs get a grip and some realism it will because we have been crap in a couple of games in March

:wtf:

if we miss out on Europe by 1 or 2 points come the end of the season it wont be because we have lost of hearts on day 1 ffs get a grip and some realism it will because we have been crap in a couple of games in March

I'm out min. We'll just end up repeating ourselves now

I'm out min. We'll just end up repeating ourselves now

you are totally spot on neither of us will change the others views ……

In summary you feel that spfl is our bread and butter, Europa is nothing more than a pipe dream - we should stay in reality  

I however feel Europa is a pipe dream as well and we should dream and risk everything on that dream by mitigating the risk and giving us the best possible chance

The answer is not here today, the answer will be with us in two weeks time if we have done the right thing or not at that point one of us may or may not be right and we can both be right and both be wrong

you are totally spot on neither of us will change the others views ……

In summary you feel that spfl is our bread and butter, Europa is nothing more than a pipe dream - we should stay in reality

I however feel Europa is a pipe dream as well and we should dream and risk everything on that dream by mitigating the risk and giving us the best possible chance

The answer is not here today, the answer will be with us in two weeks time if we have done the right thing or not at that point one of us may or may not be right and we can both be right and both be wrong

No.

I think we have a better chance of getting results if we don't make wholesale changes every match at the start of the season

Nothing to do with bread or butter

I think it'll just be two changes.

McGinn will be rested. Possibly Wilson gets the nod?

He may bring in Bryson which would be for Hedges or Gallagher you'd guess. Fat chance he drops Ferguson and Ojo doesn't need a rest yet.

If Cosgrove had not just popped in a hatrick he might have been swapped for Main.

Lewis

Logan Considine McKenna Leigh

Ojo Ferguson

Wilson Bryson Hedges

Cosgrove

subs...

Leigh to only do an hour and Hedges similar

You'd never have dreamed about suggesting to start Campbell at left back if McInnes hadn't put him on there as a sub yesterday. None of us would.

I think you're aff your heid suggesting we change as many of the starting line up and more or less gift Hearts a chance of 3 points in a home game in the very first league game of the season but each to their own.

That’s not true. He played left back for youth team so I actually thought he’d be natural cover there.

Guest the shepherd

Bobby

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

M Smith

Clare

Whelan

Walker

White

Naismith

Uche

Tempting fate by naming Glenn Whelan in your starting eleven min considering he has yet to sign (even then it is not ensured until he plays for you (remember our Jim McInally signing back in 1996)). It would be a great signing for Hearts though, providing he contributes to you doing damage against the toxic twins, but not Aberdeen, of course.

One or two changes only. One or two early subs if game going well. We cannot sacrifice the whole season for a European run. If we win the third round we then sacrifice the next two games for the fourth and then if we get to the groups each win is worth so much we sacrifice games for the European win and so on. One game at a time. Players injure themselves training, running for the bus or dropping marmalade on their feet. They learn as a team playing together. Best team to win the game. Then the best team to win the next game. And so on. Simples.