Music

eeps

the greatest female voice ever? Her or Joni anyway. What a song. About her relationship with The Great Man himself. 

They had remained friends after break up, he calls her up one night about his new album (blood on the tracks), she gets nostalgic and writes this masterpiece. 

A bird doesn't write words like that about a man who is bad in bed. 

Guest milne_afc
14 minutes ago, Dad said:

Aye true enough son - apologies

And noone tbh - it's too hard to definitively answer.

Make a suggestion or two. Give us your wisdom.

Greatest female singer: Aretha/Nina/Etta James/Mavis Staples/Marlena Shaw et al

Basically any of the many untouchable soul singers fae the 60s/70s.

White girls: Liz Fraser/Dusty/siouxsie sioux/Nicks/Nico/Carpenter/Bjork/Beth Orton/Feist

King and Joni: great singers, just cant be fucked with that self-indulgent acoustic stuff

Love this wifie country singer tune tho

fir ambient ye need tae chek oot a canadian cunt ca'd tim hecker..ez elbum ravedeath 1972..its affa doonbeat n droney but its meh xmas elbum o choice if ehm comin doon aff eh eccies..if ye want somehin mare dance check oot plaid..some o thir 90s elbums ir clessics..n thir consistent..thir affa gade..meh fave elbum this year wis a cunt ca'd daniel avery 'love n licht' e wis oan 6music there wi ez weatherall tribute 'lone swordsman'

• Downvote 1

Few great points there R_S. 

The Aretha album 'Spirit in the dark' is an absolute classic cover to cover, what a voice. Gonna Chuck it on now, actually.

Re 'showing the men up', theres a great quote in Joan's autobiography from the late 80's about an interaction she had with Dylan, hold on I'll go quote it, it's great.

The invitations stopped after that and Baez’s anger grew as the tour went from The Netherlands to Belgium and Sweden. By the time the tour hit Copenhagen, Denmark she went into Dylan’s dressing room to say she was quitting the tour. “I leaned over and kissed his sweaty forehead,” Baez wrote in her book. “It was covered in whiteface. He looked, as the British say, as if he’d been dragged through a hedge backward.”

“I think I dreamed I seen you on TV,” she remembers Dylan saying. “At least I think it as a dream. Hard to tell the difference anymore. You was wearin’ this blue scarf. That was some scarf!” She explained to him that wasn’t a dream, but rather a broadcast of a recent show. Things then got a little weird. “Bob started running his hand up my skirt, around the back of my knee and partway up my thigh,” she wrote. “‘Wow, you got great legs. Where’d you get those muscles?’”

“From rehearsing,” she said. “I stand up and rehearse a lot.” She then removed his hand from under her skit and placed it on his chest. He mumbled something about maybe playing a song together at the show that night, but she just kissed him again and walked out. “I thought maybe I shouldn’t write all this stuff about you, but it turns out it’s really about me anyway, isn’t it?’” she wrote. “It won’t affect you. The death of Elvis affected you. I didn’t relate to that, either.”

Finally got my hands on the new Power Up album from AC/DC. 

Ive only listen in short bursts in the car so far, with Mists of Time and Shot in the Dark my early favourties.

Their Razors Edge album was a mainstay of my yoof, released in 1990, leading me to discover their back catalogue.  Amazing they are still releasing music, brian johnson is 73! 

Hope they have another tour in them, before any further personnel changes.

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Finally got my hands on the new Power Up album from AC/DC. 

Ive only listen in short bursts in the car so far, with Mists of Time and Shot in the Dark my early favourties.

Their Razors Edge album was a mainstay of my yoof, released in 1990, leading me to discover their back catalogue.  Amazing they are still releasing music, brian johnson is 73! 

Hope they have another tour in them, before any further personnel changes.

I haven't heard the album yet, only the two singles, but from what I hear it has echoes of their early 80's era like Flick of the Switch, combined with the bluesy swagger of their post-1995 material. You pretty much know what you're going to get with them either way, it's just a question of whether it will be a good AC/DC album, or a bad one. 

I'm with you on The Razor's Edge though, great album that was seen as a great return to form after a handful of mediocre offerings. If it had been trimmed down to 10 tracks instead of 12, it would have been a classic, but there's just a bit too much filler for me, especially in the third quarter. Probably still their best album since FTATR, though.