Experiments With Food

off to experiment with dinner... Thai beef skewers and pickled cucumber salad. Peach almond upside down cake and vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'll report back if I kill anyone. (but it's not a likely outcome, thankfully).

Anyone else here like to experiment when they cook? Any recent experimental successes to share? :itch-chin:

off to experiment with dinner... Thai beef skewers and pickled cucumber salad. Peach almond upside down cake and vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'll report back if I kill anyone. (but it's not a likely outcome, thankfully).

Anyone else here like to experiment when they cook? Any recent experimental successes to share? :itch-chin:

Couple of times I've experimented with trying to stay sober when I cook.

Have to say the results are usually measurably better.

Once made a big culinary error with a peeled banana with an ex girlfriend , long story short , it was hot , mushy and had pubes in it :poster_oops:

if you used a cucumber that wouldn't happen. :P

sort of speaking of which, my pickled cucumber salad yesterday was fabulous, if spicy. :thumbs: as was the rest of dinner. lime mango popsicles are the business. :cheers:

Pickled cucumber, is that not gherkins or some shit like that?

Anyway or not, rank disna do it justice.

Leave all that shit to the Germans and the Austrians and all that lot, keeps them going whilst they're building underground dungeons for future incestuous relationships with their own children.

Pickled cucumber, is that not gherkins or some shit like that?

Anyway or not, rank disna do it justice.

Leave all that shit to the Germans and the Austrians and all that lot, keeps them going whilst they're building underground dungeons for future incestuous relationships with their own children.

not pickles, but a pickled cucumber salad -- a variation on the standard Swedish one i grew up with.

(instead of white vinegar though, yesterday's was rice vinegar with chopped cilantro (no parsley), and finely minced hot green chiles and very finely sliced red onion. :thumbs: )

what do you have against pickles/gherkins anyway? :dontknow: dill pickles. sweet sliced bread and butter pickles, pickled beets. hot pickled green and yellow beans. pickled dilly carrots. and pickled green tomatoes. standard fare in my larder come autumn. you should maybe think about expanding your food horizons, Tup. :)

not pickles, but a pickled cucumber salad -- a variation on the standard Swedish one i grew up with.

(instead of white vinegar though, yesterday's was rice vinegar with chopped cilantro (no parsley), and finely minced hot green chiles and very finely sliced red onion. :thumbs: )

what do you have against pickles/gherkins anyway? :dontknow: dill pickles. sweet sliced bread and butter pickles, pickled beets. hot pickled green and yellow beans. pickled dilly carrots. and pickled green tomatoes. standard fare in my larder come autumn. you should maybe think about expanding your food horizons, Tup. :)

They look sick. I've never tried them.

I'm not a fan of vegetables. They're simply glorified water. Pickled anything isna great. Beetroot is alright, but I'm not exactly falling over myself to get it down my throat.

Neeps and tatties, non-pickled, is my usual vegetable intake, maybe carrots too. That's my tant.

I'm not keen on fruit either.

I just eat meat, lots of it.

You showed me yours so I'll show you mine (mines a bit messy but still works...). checkit.gif

7593558040_aca023d964_z.jpg

Fits at? looks fine. The last thing I made a proper effort ower was a Venison Fillet with a crushed red and black pepper coating with a medley of garden vegtables and home made mashed tatties. Fan I say a medley o garden vegetables it was really just some rocket i bought oot o asda. It was fucking magic.

It's pork fillet, wrapped in streaky bacon, filled with mushroom, courgette and plum chutney on a bed of pomme puree served with a cider, whole grain mustard and pork gravy jus. Bought the pork fillet outta the reduced bit of lidls (£2 for about 5 portions of that) and the rest was shit I had to use up*.

laughing.gif

*aye made for first principles though not one of those things in a foil tray thumbsdown.gif

• Upvote 1