Experiments With Food

Less a sweet hit of chocolate more a bitter meatiness. Forgot to say like a bit of lemon or just sugar to take the tartness out of tomatoes too.

@Redforver86 tried it loads myself on a stacked up smoker (basically a fuck off chimney run on charcoal). You'll easy nuke the base but the top can be epicly underdone. Tried with a stone on the stack above too but the grill the stone then take it off, then grill defo worked better for me at least.

Making New York style and trying it in the oven first.

Made a starter last night, dough will be made this afternoon.

IMG_0006.jpg

Went nae to bad, dough could of been stretched better, lead to the crusts being to thick, rising to much and burning in places. 2nd was to thick due to to much dough and the size of the peel.

Sauce was good and the crust had lots of flavour, thin enough in the middle too.

Happy enough for a first attempt.

What type of base were you aiming for?

IMG_0006.jpg

Went nae to bad, dough could of been stretched better, lead to the crusts being to thick, rising to much and burning in places. 2nd was to thick due to to much dough and the size of the peel.

Sauce was good and the crust had lots of flavour, thin enough in the middle too.

Happy enough for a first attempt.

Went nae too bad?!?!

The crust had lots of flavour? Since when was 'Burnt to Oblivion' a flavour?

If the second one was worse, you could have used it for banging in nails, a doorstop, patching a wall etc...

Diabolical.

IMG_0006.jpg

Happy enough for a first attempt. I

Quite interested in making my own pizza now that I've found banana flour to be a substitute for regular flour. Way less carbs in the banana flour, and works just as well as regular. Going to experiment with a few things like cheese sauce, bread, and pizza crust... also making pasta out of veggies, so I can probably make a pretty good facsimile of macaroni and cheese without downing shit tons of carbs.

Did you bake that pizza in a toaster oven?

I've found that they're a nightmare unless they're convection ovens, because the heat doesn't distribute properly, meaning some parts will burn before the thing is fully cooked. Not such a big problem in regular ovens, but convection is the way to go.

Good enough effort for a first attempt, though. Always takes a few tries to get it right if you're winging it... just chop off the 5-10% of burned bits and you're good to go with that one. Next time you can make adjustments and improve on the previous attempt.

Always a +1 from me for someone who takes the time to try doing shit for themselves. Way too many people just buy their stuff in a box and throw it on the plate without considering all the preservatives and chemicals in the stuff they're buying pre-made.

Went nae too bad?!?!

The crust had lots of flavour? Since when was 'Burnt to Oblivion' a flavour?

If the second one was worse, you could have used it for banging in nails, a doorstop, patching a wall etc...

Diabolical.

Guess you'd stress over the wattage of your microwave for yours. "Is it fucking 2 mins or 2.5 mins for a 750w!"

Come on Rumpus gives the tips. Bet you've had a few in you over the years?

• Upvote 1

^ one cooking friend comes along to defend another.

Honestly....there is no way that anyone could be pleased with that friggin abortion of a effort. 'Nae too bad' and the 'crust had lots of flavour'

The cook would have gained kudos if he'd posted the picture and declared he was shite at cooking, which he obviously is.

As I wrted in here previously: I once bought a pizza while working nightshift at quayside many moons ago. It was so bad I only had one bite and then laid it on the concrrete as a feast for the seagulls. Even they wouldn't go near it.

At the end of my shift I took it back to the shop and slapped it, ingredants side inwards, onto the shop window.

That fucking effort from the laddie doesn't even deserve one bite.

A wee sprinkle of a sub-continental construction worker's man mozzarella and you'd of glupped it all down Rumpus, with the gusto of the afore mentioned seagulls and a bag of hot chips.

The day I give a fuck about your thoughts is the day I'll realise I live a equally pathetic existence to yourself.

Aren't you the dude who runs a hotel in the back of beyond?

If so and that's the shite you serve up, I can only assume your Trip Advisor rating must be pretty bad.

• 4 months later...