New Stadium Approved

There were plans, originally. They were shelved at application for planning stage.

Everyone knows that ffs.

You seem very sure about the second part. The first time I heard about the figure of £10mil estimated cost for the training facilities, the indoor pitch plan hadn't been shelved yet...iirc.

So the plan for an indoor pitch was shelved in 2016 but you think budgets for phase 1 that the club have spoken about in 2018 still include it.

Aye ok.

So the plan for an indoor pitch was shelved in 2016 but you think budgets for phase 1 that the club have spoken about in 2018 still include it.

Aye ok.

Hi, can you direct me to the quote from the club where they say they have shelved plans to build an indoor facility?

As I understand it, it isn't in phrase one, it doesn't mean it won't be built after the essentials are built, ie what we actually need. It also doesn't mean it isn't still in the £50m they believe the whole thing will cost. Makes sense to make sure you deliver everything on or under budget first then start building the extras.

An indoor facility is a luxury - Celtic don't even have an indoor pitch yet. Don't get why everyone is wetting the bed over it. How often really is the weather that bad that it's needed? So really the indoor facility is the last thing you build, not the first.

Hi, can you direct me to the quote from the club where they say they have shelved plans to build an indoor facility?

As I understand it, it isn't in phrase one, it doesn't mean it won't be built after the essentials are built, ie what we actually need. It also doesn't mean it isn't still in the £50m they believe the whole thing will cost. Makes sense to make sure you deliver everything on or under budget first then start building the extras.

An indoor facility is a luxury - Celtic don't even have an indoor pitch yet. Don't get why everyone is wetting the bed over it. How often really is the weather that bad that it's needed? So really the indoor facility is the last thing you build, not the first.

Surprised Celtic don't actually.

Wonder how many clubs actually do then? I think Hearts have access to the Oriam but it's not their own facility.

Rangers?

Hibs?

One thing I read occasionally us how much of an extravagance Rangers training facility is and the drain it makes on their finances.

So maybe we need to keep that in mind and make sure the whole facility isn't adding needless annual expense.

About 9 months of the year, from August until May.

Give or take.

So is the plan to wait until our rival have something before we get it? No need to gain any kind of competitive advantage because we are competing with them so closely that any kind of training facility that might help.us improve is pointless.

I guess kind of like how WW2 was won by waiting to see if the Germans would build an atom bomb and companies never want to be first to get a product on the market?

The money could be spent better elsewhere? Possibly...debatable? That's not how these things work though.

So is the plan to wait until our rival have something before we get it? No need to gain any kind of competitive advantage because we are competing with them so closely that any kind of training facility that might help.us improve is pointless.

I guess kind of like how WW2 was won by waiting to see if the Germans would build an atom bomb and companies never want to be first to get a product on the market?

The money could be spent better elsewhere? Possibly...debatable? That's not how these things work though.

It's about cost versus return.

Both the cost in building it while working on everything else and the ongoing cost each year to maintain.

Last thing we want is a Rangers type situation where they are lumbered with a hugely expensive training facility draining huge sums of money out of the club every year.

• Downvote 1

There's no indoor facility in the plans submitted for phase 1 or phase 2. I don't need someone from the club to tell me what is or isn't in the plans. The plans are public record.

There's no indoor facility in the plans submitted for phase 1 or phase 2. I don't need someone from the club to tell me what is or isn't in the plans. The plans are public record.

Very poor decision NOT to include an indoor pitch.

When all the outdoor pitches are under snow for months in the winter.

I suppose we can always fight with the public for a share of the pitch at Sports Village, or train on the beach. Hope the tides oot!

Really don't understand the logic behind spending circa £10m and not having at least 1 indoor pitch, whether it's grass, 3g or whatever.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't decided between now and completion to add one into the plans.

I don't really understand what you don't understand.

if £10m is the cost without it then the cost with it has to be more - maybe say £12m?? certainly can't assume it would cost nothing more on top of the existing budget?

then there's maintenance costs that the club will need to pay ongoing - i think that's even more important to keep a lid on.

Now I think we might see one built later as you suggest, but I can certainly see why we might not want it in phase 1 and potentially why we might not build it at all => because it'll cost lots of money

I don't really understand what you don't understand.

if £10m is the cost without it then the cost with it has to be more - maybe say £12m?? certainly can't assume it would cost nothing more on top of the existing budget?

then there's maintenance costs that the club will need to pay ongoing - i think that's even more important to keep a lid on.

Now I think we might see one built later as you suggest, but I can certainly see why we might not want it in phase 1 and potentially why we might not build it at all => because it'll cost lots of money

Isn't he and everyone saying the priority should be an indoor pitch rather than 3 and a half full pitches and 2 artificial pitches?

You think the difference between challenging Celtic or not is an indoor pitch?

They don't need to be in phase one. From the very beginning the club have said they plan to build an indoor facility. They have never said they would build it in phase one.

If the club say they are going to build an indoor facility, why are people criticising them for not building one?

Surely you can wait a few years while Aberdeen ensure they have the essentials in place before building luxuries, which is what an indoor pitch it. It isn't essential. How many times in 2017 did we train indoors because we couldn't train outdoors? My guess is probably less than five.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You think the difference between challenging Celtic or not is an indoor pitch?

They don't need to be in phase one. From the very beginning the club have said they plan to build an indoor facility. They have never said they would build it in phase one.

If the club say they are going to build an indoor facility, why are people criticising them for not building one?

Surely you can wait a few years while Aberdeen ensure they have the essentials in place before building luxuries, which is what an indoor pitch it. It isn't essential. How many times in 2017 did we train indoors because we couldn't train outdoors? My guess is probably less than five.

We already have a stadium.

We don't have an indoor pitch.

Club has its priorities the wrong way round.

In winter you can never visit the sports village without some of the team being there.

You've jumped into an argument here without looking at what you were replying to. The club could very well be planning to add an indoor pitch in future but why would that be included in the £10m cost they are quoting for the training facilities? That was the whole point of my post and you've gone off on one about something else.

Anyway, if we only have to use Sports Village 5 times a year why was it the centrepiece of McInnes' begging speech to the fans at the Aurora launch? Crying about being kicked off the training field for the Uni hockey team. Aye spend £10m and don't even fix his main complaint.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You think the difference between challenging Celtic or not

No...I obviously don't, and you are displaying inductive reasoning.

Just because I think that is a requirement, doesn't mean it is the only requirement.

If we follow your logic then we would never fix any one problem because it isn't the ONLY problem.

The point is that it is something that can be easily addressed within the context of work and plans already being done, and would be an achievable positive step.

It's about cost versus return.

Both the cost in building it while working on everything else and the ongoing cost each year to maintain.

Last thing we want is a Rangers type situation where they are lumbered with a hugely expensive training facility draining huge sums of money out of the club every year.

That's a fair point, and as I said, it's debatable. That said, I reckon that a similar amount could be spent on playing staff in the form of a few high profile players that could turn out not to be as good as expected (Whyte, Bernard, even MacNamara), and even best case they would be gone within a few years.

InvestmeMrs like this are there for the long term and help develop youth and grow. Just an opinion though, and as I say, debatable.

You've jumped into an argument here without looking at what you were replying to. The club could very well be planning to add an indoor pitch in future but why would that be included in the £10m cost they are quoting for the training facilities? That was the whole point of my post and you've gone off on one about something else.

Anyway, if we only have to use Sports Village 5 times a year why was it the centrepiece of McInnes' begging speech to the fans at the Aurora launch? Crying about being kicked off the training field for the Uni hockey team. Aye spend £10m and don't even fix his main complaint.

The club say the training ground will cost £10m. They haven't said if the indoor facility is included in that amount or not. If they haven't said, then all you are doing is jumping to conclusions.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.

The club say the training ground will cost £10m. They haven't said if the indoor facility is included in that amount or not. If they haven't said, then all you are doing is jumping to conclusions.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.

Eh? Phase One budget is 10mil................... there is no indoor facility planned in Phase One.

That's a fair point, and as I said, it's debatable. That said, I reckon that a similar amount could be spent on playing staff in the form of a few high profile players that could turn out not to be as good as expected (Whyte, Bernard, even MacNamara), and even best case they would be gone within a few years.

InvestmeMrs like this are there for the long term and help develop youth and grow. Just an opinion though, and as I say, debatable.

Yeah but again that kind of misses the point.

Money spent on players is short term, contracts end. Crap players can be binned.

Building and owning your own facilities is a much much longer cost commitment. If we build it and regret it five years later beCause it costs too much we can hardly just knock it down and move on.

Yeah but again that kind of misses the point.

Money spent on players is short term, contracts end. Crap players can be binned.

Building and owning your own facilities is a much much longer cost commitment. If we build it and regret it five years later beCause it costs too much we can hardly just knock it down and move on.

Why can't you knock it down?

Sounds pretty easy to me like.