Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Hoban turned into a liability last season. Not sure what happened to him - prior to that he looked like he could be very good. 

I just looked at his wiki page

His injury history is a lot worse than I realised

Not only has he suffered snapped cruciates in both knees, he also suffered an ankle injury in early 2013 which he had surgery on in the summer break and caused him to miss the vast majority of season 2013/14. And then in season 16/17 went on loan to Blackburn, did well in his first few games then promptly suffered a shoulder injury that caused him to miss 4 months of that season.

The loon has just had horrendous luck with injuries. If he was a racehorse he'd have been shot long ago. He started well for us in both his stints. Obv in the first one, that was ruined by his ACL injury. Last season, my feeling is that through no fault of his own, he ended up being overplayed due to the rest of the central defenders picking up injuries that kept them out for significant periods when he really could have done with a bit of a rest when his form started to suffer late January onwards.

He was never ever going to be an EPL player after his Watford release as some zoomers here were predicting. With his history, it's highly likely his career will be curtailed by a few years so he retires aged about 32/33. I have no animosity at all to the loon....he gave his all for us in both his stints, just wasn't quite good enough. I wish him nothing but the best for whatever remains of his career.

Had it not been for the constant injuries he could have been a very good player. But anyone who misses as much time as he has is never going to fulfil their potential.

He certainly tired in the second half of last season, not surprising given it was probably the longest run of games he's ever managed to put together. 

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I just looked at his wiki page

His injury history is a lot worse than I realised

Not only has he suffered snapped cruciates in both knees, he also suffered an ankle injury in early 2013 which he had surgery on in the summer break and caused him to miss the vast majority of season 2013/14. And then in season 16/17 went on loan to Blackburn, did well in his first few games then promptly suffered a shoulder injury that caused him to miss 4 months of that season.

The loon has just had horrendous luck with injuries. If he was a racehorse he'd have been shot long ago. He started well for us in both his stints. Obv in the first one, that was ruined by his ACL injury. Last season, my feeling is that through no fault of his own, he ended up being overplayed due to the rest of the central defenders picking up injuries that kept them out for significant periods when he really could have done with a bit of a rest when his form started to suffer late January onwards.

He was never ever going to be an EPL player after his Watford release as some zoomers here were predicting. With his history, it's highly likely his career will be curtailed by a few years so he retires aged about 32/33. I have no animosity at all to the loon....he gave his all for us in both his stints, just wasn't quite good enough. I wish him nothing but the best for whatever remains of his career.

Am not having he wasn’t good enough - was very good 2/3s if the season, until Mcinnes left really. Possible over played as you suggested. We’d be a lot worse of without Hoban last season. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57669088

Jake Doyle-Hayes has signed for Hibs on a 2 year deal. A good young player and an upgrade on the (supposedly) departing Hallberg.

Hibs have so far signed Jamie Murphy on a permanent deal, McKay (19 years old) for 400k and now Jake Doyle-Hayes.

They'll have to sell players to balance their books but I think they've recruited well so far this window.

47 minutes ago, Zeus said:

All 3 not good enough for us iyam 

Maybe right now but I was very impressed with McKay last season so I could see him developing in to a real good player. I'd sooner have him than McLennan, and based on last season Kennedy too.