Hibernian V Aberdeen

Some good stuff today, Cosgrove hitting the Eden Mill sign and May's shot going backwards being two particular highlights.

Logan seemed to be talking to other players a lot more today. Our next Captain?

Wilson looked absolutely shattered after about an hour. Surprised he stayed on to the end. Did okay though.

GMS had a couple nice touches. Would definitely keep him if available. I like McLennan but he was bad today, really bad. At least he wants to run at defenders though.

Bye Shinnie *crying emoji*

I think expectations were getting ahead of ourselves coming into this season.. ….. I am going to take the glass half full approach for the season.

We just beat Hibs who had not lost at home in 3 months.  We tied for third on points with Killie which required a last minute penalty to do so and we eventually lost on goal differential. Killie likely had it best season ever and will likely find it difficult to repeat.

We where in one cup final and in the semi for the other. We took Rangers out of both competitions. It took Celtic to remove us from both competitions. 

We are still in the running for Europe albeit we are now depending on others to do so.

I think any other club outside of the Oldfirms would take that as being successful, but I think we have become too accustomed to finishing behind Celtic, going to Europe and being in each of the cup finals. (very lofty expectations with Rangers, Hibs, Hearts recovering and a resurgent Killie side)

I can wait to listen to all the reasons why we were not more successful this year.... reminds me of a bridge to far.. it was Nijmegen, it was the single road leading to Nijmegen, it was after Nijmegen and of course don't forget the fog in England lol

• Upvote 1

We finished where we deserved to finish.

Dreadful home form has cost us

Aye and a shit load of injuries throughout the season. Worst in a while.

I'm confident that the tims will win the Scottish cup and we will qualify for Europe because of where we have finished. So no big deal really in that respect. All 3 Europa league places go in at first round anyway.

I personally couldn't bring myself to hope for another hun goal v killie. Couldn't do it.

Sevco did to us what Celtic did to them last season....didnt really care if they lost as they knew it would cost us an automatic Euro spot just as last year Celtic lost at home to us not really caring too much as they were partying and in losing knowing that it would confirm us in 2nd ahead of sevco.

We finished 4th because of that horrendous run after the break where we couldnt beat any of St Mirren, Hamilton and Livi at home

• Site Sponsor

David Gray out of contract. Fairly reliable player. Good in air as well

Just signed a 4 year deal the lovely cunt.https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48013458

Well played Reds. The league table doesn't lie - Hearts are shecht.

Steady.

If we had signed David Gray, we'd have had Grays Babylon 1875 posting on here as a Dandie.

Don't think he's that good.

Best away record in the league but still only finishing 4th shows just how shite we have been at home especially the second half of the season. With an away record as impressive as ours we should have at the very least been seriously challenging for second place.

Currently feel as equally as gutted as when Motherwell pipped us for 2nd courtesy of fouling Langfield on the last day of the season - McInnes first season with us. 

I'm normally not one to complain about refs, injuries etc however our season has been drastically effected by these factors. The last time I can recall us been so heavily hit by injuries was during Craig Browns last season with us. Decisions like the Devlin sending off against Killie and the poor referring calls during the 4-2 loss at home against The Rangers have come back to haunt. I also feel Killie have had an immense amount good fortunate in the last few matches - that penalty against Hibs for starters.

However it is what it is and we finished 4th which culminates an incredibly frustrating and disappointing season. Clarke effectively announced he was leaving today and Killie won't be challenging us again as of next season. Much like McInnes first season in charge with us I'm hoping it is another catalyst for improvement and making the right acquisitions this coming summer.

Currently feel as equally as gutted as when Motherwell pipped us for 2nd courtesy of fouling Langfield on the last day of the season - McInnes first season with us.

I'm normally not one to complain about refs, injuries etc however our season has been drastically effected by these factors. The last time I can recall us been so heavily hit by injuries was during Craig Browns last season with us. Decisions like the Devlin sending off against Killie and the poor referring calls during the 4-2 loss at home against The Rangers have come back to haunt. I also feel Killie have had an immense amount good fortunate in the last few matches - that penalty against Hibs for starters.

However it is what it is and we finished 4th which culminates an incredibly frustrating and disappointing season. Clarke effectively announced he was leaving today and Killie won't be challenging us again as of next season. Much like McInnes first season in charge with us I'm hoping it is another catalyst for improvement and making the right acquisitions this coming summer.

Whilst refereeing decisions and injuries don't help I think the 1 point from back to back home games against St Mirren and Hamilton was where we fucked it up. We should be getting 6 points from that sequence at home just about every time.

Trying to shoehorn that cunt Stewart in again after Xmas was a monumental mistake in hindsight. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if anyone's mentioned or not but the send off shinnie got at the end was superb. Congratulated by every player in red and then took a standing ovation from the fans whilst giving his shirt and arm band to them. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he's not the most technically gifted but he's by far and away the most hungry, determined and most respected captain we've had in a very long time. Massive job to replace him.

Yep, Ferguson will fill one role but it's a bit sore to think how good our midfield was when we had Shinnie, McLean and Jack (although was never really sure about Jack). Ferguson can go on and be as good if not better as any of them but he's going to need help. Over to Mr McInnes to sort out the gaps.