Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Mind you, now I've had a second look there's not too many that would be that much of a loss 

Its needed. A lot of players are getting on and the team needs freshened up/removing the deadwood. Perfect time at the end of the Covid season.

I'd only consider keeping Cerny and Ash Taylor. Maybe McLennan and wright if they can prove themselves this season.

We already have a great foundation with Campbell, McCrorie, Ferguson, Hernandez.

Considine probably deserves us taking up the extra years option, although I think beyond that he will be allowed to leave.

Taylor is steady enough and I'd be happy giving him a couple more years but no one knows what is in his mind (or probably more importantly...his missus' mind)

McLennan..jury out, probably worth the risk of an extension.

Virtanen seems highly thought of but unless Hernandez has a worldy of a season and we cash in next summer, his chances of getting a game are slim barring injuries. Again I'd offer an extension but suspect he will want away.

Rest can fuck off any time

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Considine probably deserves us taking up the extra years option, although I think beyond that he will be allowed to leave.

I don’t see Consi going anywhere. He should get his year extension, then can see him joining McIness’s backroom team

I'd say at the moment of the 2020-2021 peeps.

Racing certainty they will leave in next 9 months: Devlin, Bryson, Anderson, Cerny, Wright and Virtanen

Playing for their future: Hoban, Edmondson, Logan, Main, and McLennan

Will stay for another year: Considine, Taylor,  McGinn and Ross

All of the above is of course assuming McInnes is the manager all season and what I would guess he would do.

45 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Racing certainty they will leave in next 9 months: Devlin, Bryson, Anderson, Cerny, Wright and Virtanen

All of the above is of course assuming McInnes is the manager all season and what I would guess he would do.

Agree with everything other than Edmondson.

He’s not our player so won’t be “playing for his future”

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Why would Cerny leave? Pretty clear he's happy with his role here - are we likely to get better as a backup keeper. Probably not. Another one year deal, unless he retires of course. Agree Devlin, Bryson, Wright will leave based on what we've seen so far. Big season for Anderson and Virtanen and i'd like to see them given the chance to stake their claim. Before anybody says it, Anderson has not had a proper fair chance to showcase what he can do at first team level. 

Edmondson is highly thought of at Leeds and rumoured to be away to sign a long term deal so certainly not playing for his future. We won't sign him permanently. Hoban if he stays fit, I think will sign long term. 

Hope Ethan Ross gets a chance this year - McInnes has been hinting for years hes the best of the youngsters so seems odd if thats the case and hes putting the work in that he doesnt get much games. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Why would Cerny leave? Pretty clear he's happy with his role here - are we likely to get better as a backup keeper. Probably not. Another one year deal, unless he retires of course. Agree Devlin, Bryson, Wright will leave based on what we've seen so far. Big season for Anderson and Virtanen and i'd like to see them given the chance to stake their claim. Before anybody says it, Anderson has not had a proper fair chance to showcase what he can do at first team level. 

Edmondson is highly thought of at Leeds and rumoured to be away to sign a long term deal so certainly not playing for his future. We won't sign him permanently. Hoban if he stays fit, I think will sign long term. 

Hope Ethan Ross gets a chance this year - McInnes has been hinting for years hes the best of the youngsters so seems odd if thats the case and hes putting the work in that he doesnt get much games. 

Because he (Cerny) has postponed a college course he was meant to have started right now in order to sign a 1 year extension with us. He can't keep on doing that so this will definitely be his last year 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree with everything other than Edmondson.

He’s not our player so won’t be “playing for his future”

Edmondson is currently out of contract with us in January and with Leeds in May. There was some chat about potentially Leeds offering him an extension but naturally with him now out for 3-4 months that is completely off the table.

Cerny - I was about to reply saying the same thing. He was going to Glasgow Uni in September and going part time presumably with a championship team.

With Covid he's parked that for a year and the Dons have been happy.

11 hours ago, CityCentre said:

Devlin should really leave now tbh. Been abysmal for over a year now.

Devlin and Mckenna are behind McCrorie, Hoban, Considine and Taylor. Taylor has been consistently good and is barely injured. His experience at Northampton has improved him. Seems to have cut out those silly moments he occasionally had. The defence actually looks good at the moment.

Devlin played 14 matches last season due to injury but thats the problem. Doesn't matter how good you are we need you fit and available others whats the point. I'd happily sell McKenna and let Devlin find a new club. The pair are surplus to requirements IMO.

1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

Devlin and Mckenna are behind McCrorie, Hoban, Considine and Taylor. Taylor has been consistently good and is barely injured. His experience at Northampton has improved him. Seems to have cut out those silly moments he occasionally had. The defence actually looks good at the moment.

Devlin played 14 matches last season due to injury but thats the problem. Doesn't matter how good you are we need you fit and available others whats the point. I'd happily sell McKenna and let Devlin find a new club. The pair are surplus to requirements IMO.

I agree that Taylor is far more consistent but nobody.....absolutely nobody.....improves at f@cking Northampton

Spot on about McKenna and Devlin. Although whilst he remains with us, I think we will start McKenna if he's fit. Tonight probably gives a big clue as to how we will set up this season....a back 3 with McKenna playing there instead of McCrorie who will obviously move into midfield