Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bounce is probably the best book I've read this century. By "best" I mean the most interesting (in my personal fields of interest including work) and the most conclusive case in settling a long debate.

Daniel Coyle wrote The Talent Code tackling the same subject. It wasn't nearly as good a read imo - it was shite - because the oirish gypsy tinker cunt isn't as good with words as the Englishman but "what makes a champion, work ethic or talent?" is the question.

If you're not wanting a spoiler, you should stop reading now. Not that most of the cunts on here read books, lol.

The case is closed. Syed closed it. Work beats talent every time. There are exceptions to every rule, lest the pedants get their panties in a bunch but the chess example was wow. Some Ukrainian weirdo was so adamant to prove his theory that a champion could be made (through practise and work) that he advertised for a wife to conduct this experiment. He got numerous applicants and he chose this Latvian lassie, or a hoor from Holland, maybe it was a Scottish slut I canna mind but the idea was that they breed a kid and on the occasion of its second birthday, they decide what it's going to be champion in. They chose chess. The first three female chess grandmasters were the daughters of this couple.

Syed himself was a commonwealth medallist for table tennis. He's the Sunday Times writer often seen on the telly. At one point in history - during his time - half the best table tennis players in the UK came from the same street in the same town, Reading. This was because they played more. They practised more. They worked at it more than the vast majority. Some teacher enthusiast set up a table in a shed and gave keys only to the boys he considered good enough (presumably of enthusiasm and mentality more than talent) and they competed against each other continuously. It's a great read. No sex or violence or car chases or shit like that (whatever the mutants are into) but there's no doubt that hard work more than natural talent is the way bigger influencer on success. 

I read a book a week.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bounce is probably the best book I've read this century. By "best" I mean the most interesting (in my personal fields of interest including work) and the most conclusive case in settling a long debate.

Daniel Coyle wrote The Talent Code tackling the same subject. It wasn't nearly as good a read imo - it was shite - because the oirish gypsy tinker cunt isn't as good with words as the Englishman but "what makes a champion, work ethic or talent?" is the question.

If you're not wanting a spoiler, you should stop reading now. Not that most of the cunts on here read books, lol.

The case is closed. Syed closed it. Work beats talent every time. There are exceptions to every rule, lest the pedants get their panties in a bunch but the chess example was wow. Some Ukrainian weirdo was so adamant to prove his theory that a champion could be made (through practise and work) that he advertised for a wife to conduct this experiment. He got numerous applicants and he chose this Latvian lassie, or a hoor from Holland, maybe it was a Scottish slut I canna mind but the idea was that they breed a kid and on the occasion of its second birthday, they decide what it's going to be champion in. They chose chess. The first three female chess grandmasters were the daughters of this couple.

Syed himself was a commonwealth medallist for table tennis. He's the Sunday Times writer often seen on the telly. At one point in history - during his time - half the best table tennis players in the UK came from the same street in the same town, Reading. This was because they played more. They practised more. They worked at it more than the vast majority. Some teacher enthusiast set up a table in a shed and gave keys only to the boys he considered good enough (presumably of enthusiasm and mentality more than talent) and they competed against each other continuously. It's a great read. No sex or violence or car chases or shit like that (whatever the mutants are into) but there's no doubt that hard work more than natural talent is the way bigger influencer on success. 

26 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

I read a book a week.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Did you need the copy the WHOLE post? Could you not have cut the before and after you selfish cunt. Somebody's paying for the data storage and hosting for the shite we post. Think about others before hiding in cupboards or failing to get a masculine haircut. Empathy. Get some.

And reading detective novels, Mills & Boon or comics doesn't count so no bully beef for you. 

Not reading detective novels.

37 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

28 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

I read a book a week.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Did you need the copy the WHOLE post? Could you not have cut the before and after you selfish cunt. Somebody's paying for the data storage and hosting for the shite we post. Think about others before hiding in cupboards or failing to get a masculine haircut. Empathy. Get some.

And reading detective novels, Mills & Boon or comics doesn't count so no bully beef for you. 

Oh and it'd be easier if you shortened your posts.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

I got a wee hand warmer thing cheap and it's fucking superb. I'd imagine I'll eventually forget to charge it and it'll get stuck in a drawer forgotten about but for the moment it's class. 

I vaguely remember the ones that came in a velvet box with some roasting hot metal or something in it.

I'm away to have a look on Amazon for them.