Funso Ojo

Ojo's biggest issue is that he seems to need several touches before making even the most straightforward pass. He doesn't seem to have much of a football brain where he would know what he is going to do before getting the ball. 

It totally kills our flow, particularly when we're trying to increasingly play with more zip going forwards. McGeouch is far better at doing those things

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s £125k we’ll never see again.

Slow as a week in the jail & gives the ball away constantly. 

To think Ojo & Bryson were our “star” signings last summer.

Then again, Gleeson & the Irish gimp who looked dead & whose name I cant even remember were the stellar signings the year before. 

Paying cash for him, then only putting him in a 2 year deal wasn't a great idea. 

but! The two year deal means he'll be off next summer at least. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 1:05 AM, Sonoftherock said:

Good to get another body through the door... but tempered with some caution, as @@The Boofon kens all about this lad - and he said he's absolutely shit!  Written off before he's even kicked a ball!

The Boof kens.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, NEM said:

This boy is class ❤️

On 8/4/2019 at 10:49 PM, Sheepo said:

Fars that Babylon Cunt, we struck gold with Ojo absolute gem of a player

On 8/4/2019 at 11:17 PM, old sheep said:

After a couple of seasons watching Shinnie run around like a headless chicken, was a joy to see someone with a bit of composure and game intelligence. He will pick up a few yellow/red cards, but a small price to pay for the quality he will bring to the team.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, dazzy_deff said:

Class act.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:43 PM, OddJob said:

Sensational performance from him today. Great scouting to get him

On 8/5/2019 at 12:25 AM, Redmist1903 said:

The boy is absolute class. We're recruited really well this summer.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, Zeus said:

Boys class

On 8/5/2019 at 1:16 PM, King Street Loon said:

Boy is class.

Sorry to bring these up, but bored, just read this thread from the start.

All those quotes are after the 3-2 win at home to Hearts, when Hedges scored a clincher.

He must have had some fucking game! ?

I did watch it, but seeing as I had only got in at 8 or 9am from a Saturday night out in Baku, and had been hoovering  8%er Baltika 9s in pre-match build up to re-stabilise , my recollection of said match is somewhat hazy.  ?

27 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

The Boof kens.

All those quotes are after the 3-2 win at home to Hearts, when Hedges scored a clincher.

I did watch it, but seeing as I had only got in at 8 or 9am from a Saturday night out in Baku, and had been hoovering  8%er Baltika 9s in pre-match build up to re-stabilise , my recollection of said match is somewhat hazy.  ?

Always a pleasure.

@Sonoftherock

Stick to tennis chump. ?

31 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

The Boof kens.

He did play well that day, but since then he's been a waste of a Jersey.

Fling him in the dogshit bin.

46 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

The Boof kens.

Personally thought he was very average in that Hearts game.

The only good game that Funso Ojo has had was at home against Chikhura Sachkhere. Considering they defended from their goalline for most of the game,  a corpse could have played well against that mob.

32 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

The Boof kens.

Happy to admit when I'm wrong.

Was also willing to give main a chance. 

Get rid of both ASAP. 

?

28 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Personally thought he was very average in that Hearts game.

The only good game that Funso Ojo has had was at home against Chikhura Sachkhere. Considering they defended from their goalline for most of the game,  a corpse could have played well against that mob.

A game in which Jon Gallagher also looked decent. Says a lot about just how garbage Chikhura were. 

Hands up, on initial viewing I thought he was decent.I still think he might be decent enough as a sitting midfielder with someone more dynamic in beside him but him and Campbell and I'd suspect McGeouch are a total waste of time.

How shite he is has probably been masked by the signing of McCroarie and McGeouch. Had we not signed McCroarie and to a lesser extent McGeouch then this guy would be playing more often than not every week and we'd be seeing how shite he really is. We'd have him cast in the Tansey, Gleeson, Forrester bracket of shite midfielders signed by McIness and be giving him a harder time over the signing.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:56 AM, muttonhumper said:

The Boof kens.

Fuck me that post didn't age well ?

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

THAT 8 yard pass that he sclaffed right out the park in the cup game was so bloody bizarre

The way he shaped his foot to play it meant it was never going where it should have

He is absolutely shite, though to be fair he was working hard as he tracked back and intercepted several times 

I see you have come slithering back like that other reptile rocket spastic.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why don’t we try Hernandez in middle rather than Ojo. Could he really be worse? ?

Whatever you think of DM and Docherty.....I trust them that they can tell who is up to the job. Ojo will be consigned to the bench again from this weekend (well presuming no more injuries occur in training in the interim). 

Hernandez needs to go out on loan in January to a league that he can cope with and get some confidence back. Hopefully he can then return in the summer and push for a place next season. However if he bombs on loan then we wil probably look to offload him and try to recoup whatever we can.

• Dildo 1
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Behind Campbell in the pecking order by the looks of yesterday.

Ferguson, McRorie, McGeuogh (back training), Campbell, Ojo.

Those are a decent four to have if we are playing 2 in the middle. 3 of them amongst our youngest players as well.  Starting to finally get a midfield group with some potential. 

Needs to do a similar job with his back line and his group of strikers between now and next summer.