Aberdeen V Villarreal Match Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tought we looked ok. Improvement at the back. Malwene looks to have a brain. Keeper did ok too - didnt just punt it up the park hoping for the best like Clangers who will have trouble getting his place back if Gonzalez keeps doing the business.

I thought Milsom, Jack, Mackie and Pawlett had some good moments.

Dissapointed to see the at half time our players hoofin the ball to each other when Villareal where doing a structured routine keeping their players warm and focused. I expect broon and knox to address this before the season starts.

Villareal didnt really get out of first gear so i think the 0-1 scoreline flattered us.

I tought we looked ok. Improvement at the back. Malwene looks to have a brain. Keeper did ok too - didnt just punt it up the park hoping for the best like Clangers who will have trouble getting his place back if Gonzalez keeps doing the business.

I thought Milsom, Jack, Mackie and Pawlett had some good moments.

Dissapointed to see the at half time our players hoofin the ball to each other when Villareal where doing a structured routine keeping their players warm and focused. I expect broon and knox to address this before the season starts.

Villareal didnt really get out of first gear so i think the 0-1 scoreline flattered us.

Strange how we all see it so diffirently (try spelling that when yer mingin)...

really enjoyed watchin mawene and Sir Isaac Newton and comparing them to Zander and the ToooorD'Effeil

I like what i saw tho I'm slightly worried about the amount of reds and yellows that they might amass...especially if they start doing really well....

Ref Collum anyone??

Loved Osbourne tho

To be fair to Jarvie, he actually said, "The Scottish equivalent of Thierry Henry." Not "The next Thierry Henry.

The Scottish equivalent, could very well be a player with no first touch, a terrible aim, and a goal tally slightly worse than that of your average goalkeeper.

And if that's what Drewbaby meant, then he was spot on.

To be fair to Jarvie, he actually said, "The Scottish equivalent of Thierry Henry." Not "The next Thierry Henry.

The Scottish equivalent, could very well be a player with no first touch, a terrible aim, and a goal tally slightly worse than that of your average goalkeeper.

And if that's what Drewbaby meant, then he was spot on.

:hysterical:

We were far more of a solid unit and Osbourne and Milsom impressed me but Mawene was outstanding, he read the game brilliantly and wants to play football. Pawlett could be vital to us if he stays fit but at least we have some options now. Really enjoyed it and pleased that Mackie got a good turnout. Cautiously optimistic about the new season with a team of players that will give nothing less than 100% effort.