School Daze

Bobby Connor

1st year Computing studies... Class nutjob asks the teacher if he can go to the toilet, obviously for a fag or to bugger aff hame. Teacher is wise to this and tells him to sit doon and shut up. Teacher saunters to other end of class.

"watch this boys..."

"eh?! fit's goin on like!? Watch fit?" - we said as his face melted in mischief.

"quiet! So he doesnae ken!"

"eh? We still dinna ken fit y-" ... - we understood. and a quick peek under the desk confirmed our suspicions as the urine flowed gently but dangerously close to the massive power socket"

So we are bursting our chests not to laugh and then, as teacher walks back towards nutjob.

"I don't need the toilet anymore" - He says to the teacher, followed by 1 second of silence, then came a splatting, stereotypical pooping sound.

As the realization wafted (excuse the term) around the room. Bodies slumped on floor in laughter. Boys laughed to the point that it looked painful. COMPLETE MAYHEM.

The best bit was watching him get up, waddle through the room, and then the teacher lift the pishy chair and it flowing like emptying a wheelbarrow after a night of rain all over the place.

Other than that school was awful. Hated it. Left me with zero self confidence and repressed anger management issues with the usual anxiety, depression shite. But compared to having to put up with the half million English snobs who look at me and treat me like working class scum (partly because I am) here in Edinburgh...I would take it all back for 6 years of lesser misery and a period of pishy pooped seats.

I'm working class scum. I just don't behave that way most of the time. Become a social chameleon.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working class scum. I just don't behave that way most of the time. Become a social chameleon.

I'd rather be myself at university...and if any tutor, student or member of the public wants to look down their nose at me because I have a tuechter accent, grew up on a farm and I'm not rich... they can f**k off or get a square go and have their jaws broken and their ribcage stamped.

I know a lad, same age as me, total tear away at school, resulting in him getting expelled for 2 weeks, he should of got kicked out of school for good to be honest,

That infamous time, he shat on a napkin, and then smeared it all over the walls, plugged the sink drain and started to flood the said bog.

Now earns

I'd rather be myself at university...and if any tutor, student or member of the public wants to look down their nose at me because I have a tuechter accent, grew up on a farm and I'm not rich... they can f**k off or get a square go and have their jaws broken and their ribcage stamped.

What you studying in edinburgh?

"Educated" at Aberdeen Grammar (which changed its name to Rubislaw Academy for a year - for reasons of political crapness).

Spent dinner money on cream (synthetic) donuts galore which were served through the railings by staff of Thains Bakery (cos the school wouldn't allow them on the premises).

Donuts and flees cemetaries.

Good wholesome food.

Detention most weeks for being tardy (that's late to you uneducatoed cunts), failing to do homework or general lethargy in the classroom.

Pinky Scott was the "detention master" an effiminate fellow who would mince around the corridors regaled in "master" robes and morter board cap - like something out of Goodbye Mr Chips

My German is not good - mainly because we played cards at the back of Ma Broon's German class. Oh, vie schade.

Rector of the Grammar back then was one Robert Gill, affectionately known as Trout.

Some real characters back then, both teachers and inmates.

Ours was the last year of "all boys".

Mucked about with Richard "Gongy" Gordon of Radio Scotland fame - plus several others who were all members of the Northern Lights Supporters Club.

Tommy is an Old Grammarian too - but he was one of the older boys

Ollie is also an old Grammarian believe it or not, who remembers Mr Gill, Pinky Scott, et al. My German teacher was Mrs Thomanek but my the teacher who stood out amongst all his contemporaries was without doubt the man of psychotic, beyond lunatic proportions, was my science teacher Mr Nugent.

Anyway, my school shenanigans are not for a family internet forum.

If you are reading this Donna, thank you.

Ah right, you're just starting out. Thought exactly the same way as yourself when I was starting uni. I reckon I was actually a reverse snob as I used to hate this posh lassie who turned out to be an absolute gem.

Adapt to your environment is the best advice I can give. That doesn't mean you need to change your nature or anything, just don't be too defensive about who you are. If anyone looks down on you then they are cunts.

Ollie is also an old Grammarian believe it or not, who remembers Mr Gill, Pinky Scott, et al. My German teacher was Mrs Thomanek but my the teacher who stood out amongst all his contemporaries was without doubt the man of psychotic, beyond lunatic proportions, was my science teacher Mr Nugent.

Anyway, my school shenanigans are not for a family internet forum.

If you are reading this Donna, thank you.

Surely canna be the same Mr Nugent from St Machar? What year were you at Grammar ollie if you don't mind me asking?

What you studying in edinburgh?

Landscape Architecture. It's the largest load of bollocks I've ever seen. It's billed as more engineering than art, more pragmattic structural problem solving than planting flowers....they were wrong. A class of English upper class "gap yah's" including tutors and a Tuechter boy from Aberdeenshire, which is somewhere in the Borders the English think.

I'm about to go into 2nd year, .... am I fuck. It's getting changed to something my family can be proud of. And also to a course where the institution providing it doesn't fuck you around at every opportunity, sinking your depression at being away from home and hating what you always wanted, into depression with stress, anxiety and an anger that needs no alcohol to breathe.

Ah right, you're just starting out. Thought exactly the same way as yourself when I was starting uni. I reckon I was actually a reverse snob as I used to hate this posh lassie who turned out to be an absolute gem.

Adapt to your environment is the best advice I can give. That doesn't mean you need to change your nature or anything, just don't be too defensive about who you are. If anyone looks down on you then they are cunts.

I'm in 2nd year. I'll need to adapt before I take up drinking again and give it tits on the anger front.

Landscape Architecture. It's the largest load of bollocks I've ever seen. It's billed as more engineering than art, more pragmattic structural problem solving than planting flowers....they were wrong. A class of English upper class "gap yah's" including tutors and a Tuechter boy from Aberdeenshire, which is somewhere in the Borders the English think.

I'm about to go into 2nd year, .... am I fuck. It's getting changed to something my family can be proud of. And also to a course where the institution providing it doesn't fuck you around at every opportunity, sinking your depression at being away from home and hating what you always wanted, into depression with stress, anxiety and an anger that needs no alcohol to breathe.

Dude, get your self hame to your mates and family,

Seriously do,

Nothing is worth that kind of shit. sweet home sweet home to me.

Fuck them.

You doing that at ECA?

always remembered this one English teacher, Mr Robertson who commanded the ULTIMATE respect of even the neddiest kids - was always amazed by this.

he never even shouted, he didnt have to, he just had an aura about him

this is right after we came from a science class too, where the teacher, Mr Chirnside had me sit at the end of his desk to "teach him hot to handle women"...hmm.

This was however, whenever he wasnt locked in the pull down cupboard by one of said neds who were shit scared of this amazin English teacher

Shame you never had money, you would just love the all boys classes of Gordonstoun.

Dude, get your self hame to your mates and family,

Seriously do,

Nothing is worth that kind of shit. sweet home sweet home to me.

Fuck them.

Wouldn't solve a thing. Staying on miserable and pumping your way through a ton of diazepam and anti-deps at uni for the rest of the course as 1 of 5 is done already. Or sit at home miserable at let your parents and family remind you that you screwed up. The latter is beginning to sound like the lesser of the two evils.

Wouldn't solve a thing. Staying on miserable and pumping your way through a ton of diazepam and anti-deps at uni for the rest of the course as 1 of 5 is done already. Or sit at home miserable at let your parents and family remind you that you screwed up. The latter is beginning to sound like the lesser of the two evils.

F*ck that mannie - get this sorted oot.

If tomorrow was your last day on earth would you be content knowing that you'd consigned yourself to ignominious existence.

Life's too short. Find something you love doing and do it.

:thumbs:

You doing that at ECA?

yes indeed. THE worst organized place in history. I had to go off in March after I had a breakdown with the depression and anxiety, and because of such I dropped down to 65kg from my usual 85kg leaving me screwed physically aswell as mentally. Told the course head (there is no director of studies), doctors letter, and first day back after sick leave... course admin goes "This is unacceptable, you not been turning up for class for a whole month. Where have you been? You are in full time education for goodness sake." Thanks for helping with the anxiety you caused in the first place ECA.

yes indeed. THE worst organized place in history. I had to go off in March after I had a breakdown with the depression and anxiety, and because of such I dropped down to 65kg from my usual 85kg leaving me screwed physically aswell as mentally. Told the course head (there is no director of studies), doctors letter, and first day back after sick leave... course admin goes "This is unacceptable, you not been turning up for class for a whole month. Where have you been? You are in full time education for goodness sake." Thanks for helping with the anxiety you caused in the first place ECA.

Fuck dude! I'm not sure what to say or what to advise. I went to ECA and it's a time of my life I would pay a million pounds to go back to.

One of my mates was doing Landscape Architecture. Am fairly dubious about the job prospects and have no idea what he's up to now. He went down to London.

If you're not getting into it then no point spending 3 more years at it. I always thought it looked a decent course though?

Can ye nae flit to Graphic Design or something more practical? Do you just hate ECA? As I said, teuchter masel and aboslutely embraced it!

youd be surprised what taking a year and starting from scratch does.

my mate went to do law at swansea uni. hes from the valleys so is right next to cardiff, grew up there, then on a whim decides to branch out and go to swansea. ended up missing the 2nd half of his 1st year because of depression and now openly admits he would wake up each morning and the 1st thing hed do was pour 2 shots of whiskey just to get him out of bed. at the time he said he needed it because his room had poor insulation and the mould had given him a chest infection and the whiskey helped to open his lungs after a night of breathing in fuck knows what. he too lost a ton of weight. was a buff 77kg but slimmed right down to 60.

he went to counciling and on their advice, took a year out, came to glamorgan and started law over again. came to football trials where he met me, i picked him for my team which opened him up to meet other football guys. he graduated last year and is now an intern in one of the practises near his home.

definitely learn from him. dont force yourself through something just because you feel you have to. ive got 3 degrees and its got me nothing at all. university and education in general is vastly overrated.

If you count after school but still on the premises, i done a helluva lot of poking.

7/8 exams. Never went to the Music exam as i got stoned as fuck.

How many fingers did you get up KN? I managed three round the back of Brig O' Don Barracks.

Dirty filth she was.

I could still get it up for her if truth be told.